-Power Calculation System and Suggestions Alike-

buggyhexapod

Often times, i find myself wondering if my current equipped warframe and weapons are geared enough to handle a particular mission, or not; and as a mid-game player, my primary objective is to do random missions to quickly get in, level up, and get out, without giving that much of a thought about how prepared i am for the next battle.

Now i am not saying that i don't care about details and preparations, but i am by no means an avid follower of this game. As harsh as it may sound, even though i too would like to show some progress, my lack of focus on the game disables me from doing my best, as i see it as just another game. So i apologize beforehand.

To solve these problems, i would like to offer two solutions.

The first solution is an integrated power/level calculator that could allow a player to generally see a stats/chart that basically tells if the currently equipped warframe and weapons are adequate enough, or not, alongside with useful tips being shown as an alternative, whether it be doing a different mission, or using the correct mods accordingly. This solution could prove useful to those who do not like to think too much about what they should do next to reach the next mastery rank as quick, clean, and efficient as possible.

My second solution that somehow compliments to the idea of "getting some quick action and leveling", is a feature that automatically chooses a random mission that is suitable for whatever the player currently uses.

As a final note, i also would like an update for the codex, in regards to quickly navigating the missions that would help a player in regards to whatever future equipment is needed. Having options is always good, but being able to do things without resorting to the idea of "trial and error" surely must be sounding better.

Thank you all in advance for reading my suggestions.

Edited by buggyhexapod

11 minutes ago, buggyhexapod said:

calculator that could allow a player to generally see a stats/chart that basically tells if the currently equipped warframe and weapons are adequate enough, or not,

You can't do that. Loki and Hek e.g. are viable for Sortie 3. But you need to stay invisible most of the time b/c he is not a tank. The weapon needs to be modded correctly. You can't mod the Hek for Slash and Magnetic and "hope" to clear the  Grineer mission

alongside with useful tips being shown as an alternative, whether it be doing a different mission, or using the correct mods accordingly.

Sortie/Kuva don't have different missions. As for correct mods: did you try the auto mod option? Did you see any of the build DE is using in streams?

that automatically chooses a random mission that is suitable for whatever the player currently uses.

So I won't be able to do missions if this check says I'm not good enough equipped? (speaking of smurf accounts e.g.. I am capable of clearing the starchart with Excalibur (Rank 30, no Forma, no Reactor) but another player can't even clear Uranus with Inaros (Rank 30, 4 Forma, Reactor and lets say 9k HP))

As for your initial "problem":

Often times, i find myself wondering if my current equipped warframe and weapons are geared enough to handle a particular mission, or not;

Try it. Either you succeed or fail. But you learn in the meantime what you did wrong

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You can't do that. Loki and Hek e.g. are viable for Sortie 3. But you need to stay invisible most of the time b/c he is not a tank. The weapon needs to be modded correctly. You can't mod the Hek for Slash and Magnetic and "hope" to clear the  Grineer mission

As useful as it is, i do not necessarily desire to constantly follow the suggestions of another player to do anything in this game at all. Why should i, as a solo player, constantly be in need of the information of another player, in regards to doing something; when a potential future feature that could be implemented in the game could also guide me instead?

An official in-game guide that does not constantly throw me into researching for something in the wild internet. Now that would definitely be convenient, don't you think?

Still, even i like to read, listen, and watch different and creative opinions of other players as well. But i feel "forced" whenever i do it. And i don't like that feeling.

6 minutes ago, buggyhexapod said:

But i feel "forced" whenever i do it.

But that's what I'm saying. You can use every single frame and nearly every single weapon in any mission you want to do.

But different frames/weapons will have advantages. Ivara and Loki won't help you in most high level defenses but excel in Spy. You still have the possibilty to use them. Oberon or Rhino can do Spy missions as well, if you know how. You can also take Valkyr into Hijack missions...but why? 

You are forcing yourself to use sth if you have to argue this way.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Long story short:

I don't want to feel like i need to buy a complete set from a prime access, in order not to worry about whatever i may face in the future of this game.

And even if i do, i know just as well that because everything usable in the game is just another puzzle piece of the big picture, it won't matter at all.

What i mean is, in order for a casual player like me to actually have all the fun in this game, without the unnecessary grindings and researches; i need to have a prime warframe+prime weapon(s) set for all the individual situations, such as the chroma prime being more optimal for loud missions instead of the silent infiltrations.

Though i do understand that in order for all those plat-purchaseable things and their worth to be justifiable, the grinding must exist as a reason.

But that grinding costs me too much of my time and patience already. So much so that, i feel like as if Warframe overtly demands from me to accept it as the only online game that i can and should play for the rest of my life. And i am drained out after i have reached mr6, after i have "somehow" finished the second dream. And then i have found myself not being able to go any further than that.

I love this game. But this game is a cruel mistress.

3 hours ago, buggyhexapod said:

The first solution is an integrated power/level calculator that could allow a player to generally see a stats/chart that basically tells if the currently equipped warframe and weapons are adequate enough, or not, alongside with useful tips being shown as an alternative, whether it be doing a different mission, or using the correct mods accordingly. This solution could prove useful to those who do not like to think too much about what they should do next to reach the next mastery rank as quick, clean, and efficient as possible.

The problem with this is that there are simply too many variables to accurately track and provide a measure of "Are you strong enough?"

Take a Sortie 3 interception against augmented armor grineer, it has rather tough enemies and can be somewhat hard to clear depending on group and loadout.
There are at least two viable builds for Excalibur.  You can use an RB focused build and CC your way to victory, or you could use an EB focused build and kill everything.
Or you could use three viable builds for Frost.
Or a few useful builds for Rhino.
And so on and so forth.
Hek even a Loki could do it with smart usage of his RD and decoy.

And what is viable for one person is too hard/annoying for another person.
So what exactly is the game supposed to show you?  Especially the part about "using the correct mods accordingly"?  There are multiple builds for the frames that use quite different builds.
For instance you could do a max range, lower duration, Loki as an RD spammer and ST enemies and players/objectives around quickly.
Or you could do a max duration, min range, Loki as an invisible and silent killer in near perfect safety if you're in a solo mission.
Both are equally valid and will get you through a lot of missions and yet they have opposite builds.  Which one is the game supposed to show you?
Further there are a ton of variations between those two extremes of a build that could be viable for a given mission depending on how the player wants to play and how far they want to go to min-max a specific ability.
Do you want to give up on some invisibility duration to have a wider range disarm?  Now you fall between those two builds and still can be perfectly viable and valid.  Where is the game supposed to rate that against the 2 extreme builds?

3 hours ago, buggyhexapod said:

My second solution that somehow compliments to the idea of "getting some quick action and leveling", is a feature that automatically chooses a random mission that is suitable for whatever the player currently uses.

And again the sheer variablity is way too high for this to be that good at selecting a random mission.
There are too many builds good at too many different things.

Say you have an RD spam loki.  What mission would it give you?
Arena missions?  Doable with minimal fuss.  Assassination missions?  Same thing.  Assault?  No problem.  Capture?  Easy.  Defection?  Tad harder but doable.  Defense?  Not really suggested but a solo RD spamming loki can handle most defense missions.  Excavation?  Same thing.  Exterminate?  Trivial.   Cetus Bounties?  That build could work great.  Hijack?  Not that hard if the player has ways to restore energy/shielding using gear items.  Infested Salvage?  A bit of a harder one for Loki but still doable.  Interception?  If you're fast its easy.  Mobile Defense?  Not too hard.  Rescue?  Super easy with a Loki.  Sabotage?  Super easy.  Spy?  Super easy.  Survival?  Much the same.  SO?  Bit harder and dependent on your melee weapon.
So which of those missions would the game suggest?  Since pretty much all of them are easily doable with that build.
Which one is the most suitable?
How can the game accurately gauge how the build the player has selected will be able to handle the mission?

And that's before you toss weapons into the equation.  Because that RD Spamming Loki can handle the majority of the starchart with most of the weapons in the game depending on how they're modded (and if that Loki player doesn't mind being slow he can do it even poorly modded).

37 minutes ago, buggyhexapod said:

i need to have a prime warframe+prime weapon(s) set for all the individual situations,

Except you really don't.
If all you care about is doing stuff around the starchart then pretty much anything you have fun with will work.
You only really start to want a good prime warframe/weapon for specific activities if you want to min-max everything...which I don't see a "casual" player like you doing.

Further, some of the better weapons in the game aren't prime.  If you can get maiming strike then atterax is one of the better melees, if a tad boring.  If you get acid shells then the Sobek is a decent shotgun if you get a riven and mod it right.  Vulcan Blitz for the Jat Kittag as well.
Those mods allow you to easy destroy enemy groups with scaling damage.  It makes any infested mission a breeze.

There are tons of options in this game to handle any given situation, and no primes required.

Just because primes are shiny doesn't mean that they are the best or only option.

Edited by Tsukinoki

vor einer Stunde schrieb buggyhexapod:

What i mean is, in order for a casual player like me to actually have all the fun in this game, without the unnecessary grindings and researches; i need to have a prime warframe+prime weapon(s) set for all the individual situations, such as the chroma prime being more optimal for loud missions instead of the silent infiltrations.

Though i do understand that in order for all those plat-purchaseable things and their worth to be justifiable, the grinding must exist as a reason.

Primer Frames have just slight stat increases. Tbh, their shiny look is a bigger deal than those changes. As for the grind, is not what justifies buying Access (took me about a week of Casual Play to her chroma p and his weapons) but the discounted plat thats included in the Prime access

53 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

You only really start to want a good prime warframe/weapon for specific activities if you want to min-max everything...which I don't see a "casual" player like you doing.

Before i write anything, i would like to apologize for the bickering ahead. They are not meant for the community to do anything about. They are for the developers of the game.

Think through the mind of a casual player: You know prime warframes and weapons are the best, end-game things in the game that, with some formas, become quite effective at what they do best. Aside from certain packs in the market, some of the things that are currently available to me must first be grinded, farmed, and leveled for further things to be unlocked. Thing is, not only is that grind a timesink, but the best things are already offered to you through a "prime access" system that gives you the ability to just outright buy them.

Why bother with the good and waste your time, when you can have the best immediately?

But oh wait, the grindy reasoning makes all these things that are included in the "prime accesses" as a bunch of expensive "irl" options, and they are not even individually perfect for every situation.

It's not the shinies that i am after, it's the "min-maxing potentials" that i am after. As i have said in my previous post: The grind is too much for something that is always going to be weak, especially for the existing primes.

I want to be a casual player when it comes to working to get the best (which means i don't want to do any of them at all); but i want to be a hardcore when it comes to actually doing whatever mission i would like to do.

Even though unless i choose to pay for the prime access, that the grindy road ahead of me is going to stay that way, that's just fine by me; but i want to have the guidance of "Battle For Azeroth" experience, rather than the survival of the fittest experience of "WoW Classic". I know that my opinions are amateur at best and they suck, but that is who i am.

The funny thing is, i am not even asking for either the prices or the grind to be changed at all. I only ask for a thorough in-game guidance system that is ready to help players like me through all these grinds that feel like a treasure hunt, of which journey never makes sense to me.

True, this game has a community. But it is only handled with hardcores who i believe not ready to help the newcomers reach to their level, the mr 20-30s.

Why should they, too? It's not exactly rewarding to help a stranger that is of a lower level than yours. It's like looking after your kubrow. 

In the end, all i have got to say is that: This is like a virtual-real world with it's illegal schools for teaching how to do things. It's a "wild west".

Edited by buggyhexapod

vor 5 Minuten schrieb buggyhexapod:

True, this game has a community. But it is only handled with hardcores who i believe not ready to help the newcomers reach to their level, the mr 20-30s.

Why should they, too? It's not exactly rewarding to help a stranger that is of a lower level than yours. It's like looking after your kubrow. 

Try and join a clan if you havent yet. Youll usually find some people willing to help there. Especially when new primes come out People tend to Farm together.

Also,  there See always People willing to tend to some Low Mr "kubrows".  Personally, i Jump into Mercury every Now and then and give a Bit of guidance while offering Friend request to those that want me to help them more often. I have daily Contact to some of them, answering question, helping with Mission etc and i know im far from the only Person doing this. As long as you ask for help, youll find some1 willing to help

37 minutes ago, Eisdschungel said:

Try and join a clan if you havent yet. Youll usually find some people willing to help there. Especially when new primes come out People tend to Farm together.

So far, i have joined and left more than a couple of dozen clans , from the mountains to the ghosties, only to realise that people "only" do the new things in the game. Not "most". Trust me, they just don't have the time or effort in them.

I mean, among all the weapons that i have leveled up, the twin gremlins and the nikana being the latest things i have, i seem to have forgotten to level up an mk-1 Braton.

Why, you ask?

Because i am such an individual of low intelligence enough to sell my "Dex Furis", because of not knowing how to sell even the simpliest thing for a couple of plats to buy empty spaces.

I wish i was kidding. But i am not. These reasons are "why" i need help from an in-game system, and not from a living human being. I don't deserve it. 

*rofl* ... *cries*....

Edited by buggyhexapod

2 hours ago, buggyhexapod said:

You know prime warframes and weapons are the best, end-game things in the game

which is absolutely bullocks.

1. Get a Hek (MR4) put in a potato and maybe 1 or 2 Forma. Bam, Lv 100 viable. No prime, no syndicate. Just the normal early weapon

2. Get Excalibur if you are still missing him (Mars, 4th planet you gain access to). Again, with a potato and no Forma he can destroy literally anything until Lv 70. No Prime b/c NO ONE can get a prime version of him anymore

3. If you still have problems with survivability get Inaros. Potato and maybe 1 Forma he will facetank you almost anything the game throws at you. Paired with a Dagger only modded with Covert Lethality any enemy dies. And guess what, Inaros doesn't even have a primed version.

If you don't like the grind, then better leave. Even bought stuff from PA needs to be leveled and forma'd. You are just trying to get excuses for being lazy

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

17 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If you don't like the grind, then better leave. Even bought stuff from PA needs to be leveled and forma'd. You are just trying to get excuses for being lazy

2 hours ago, buggyhexapod said:

The funny thing is, i am not even asking for either the prices or the grind to be changed at all. I only ask for a thorough in-game guidance system that is ready to help players like me through all these grinds that feel like a treasure hunt, of which journey never makes sense to me.