Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The kuva needs to be more obvious

BasileusBasilII

Farming kuva is necessary for any player,but have u guys encountered that u can't find the kuva while the Siphon is sucking it?Especially in Ares,where the background is black and red,i can't even distinguish where it is.So can the kuva be shown more obviously or we can notice its location on the mini map while a player is equipped with Loot Radar mods.:blush:

Edited by BasileusBasilII

My only question in regards to kuva is:

The ending of The War Within. Whats the consequences of consuming/destorying/keeping the Kuva? Has it been forgotten? No mention of it has happened yet in either prologue or The Sacrifice. So whats the deal? Will it impact us? Will it be thrown to the wayside and just.....be?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

The ending of The War Within. Whats the consequences of consuming/destorying/keeping the Kuva? Has it been forgotten? No mention of it has happened yet in either prologue or The Sacrifice. So whats the deal? Will it impact us? Will it be thrown to the wayside and just.....be?

To be continued...

...when DE figure out what the consequences should be. My thinking is it'll tie with more info about the Man in the Wall (also when DE figure out where to take that).

I think its too tied up with the back story (and future?) of the Operators to be just cast aside. 

8 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

To be continued...

...when DE figure out what the consequences should be. My thinking is it'll tie with more info about the Man in the Wall (also when DE figure out where to take that).

I think its too tied up with the back story (and future?) of the Operators to be just cast aside. 

Yeah the sacrifice was frame focussed and not operarors and THEIR past. So its surely a future part of the story.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That's one of the fastest derails I've seen in a long time, the thread never stood a chance.

Whilst I'm being humorous, on a serious note @(XB1)Cram Duachim don't intentionally derail threads.

@BasileusBasilII you might want to submit this in the feedback subforum, that or report this thread and ask for it to be moved there and cleaned.

thank you for your advice :)

As an extra "actually addressing the original post", it's definitely something that needs to be given a pass over. Being colourblind, Kuva Siphons on Eris, Ceres or other "dark, browny" levels is really obnoxious due to its being red and black.

Either an adaptive, contrasting aura, upping the brightness of the clouds itself or the like could help. Though understandably easier said than done.

6 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

As an extra "actually addressing the original post", it's definitely something that needs to be given a pass over. Being colourblind, Kuva Siphons on Eris, Ceres or other "dark, browny" levels is really obnoxious due to its being red and black.

Either an adaptive, contrasting aura, upping the brightness of the clouds itself or the like could help. Though understandably easier said than done.

Are there no colour blind / contrast options in the graphics settings that might help with this?

I haven't checked personally, but I do know of other games that have settings to assist colour-blind players.

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Are there no colour blind / contrast options in the graphics settings that might help with this?

There are not, not for lack of trying on @Blakrana's and my own part though.

DE are trying to make the whole game colourblind friendly, but for as long as they use a filter for their decisions instead of actual colourblind people... it won't be.

Do you look at the siphon to see what direction the clouds are coming from each time and listen for them?

The little dangly bits point in the direction it's coming from.

The directional audio is great. 

I do think that some of the tile sets are S#&$ for kuva tho Eris in particular. To close and tight and you get little warning of where they come from due to the tight space.

Maybe there could be a colour blind mode for those that need it.

Edited by SilverRook

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

I haven't checked personally, but I do know of other games that have settings to assist colour-blind players.

Nope. Warframe's "method" is, per mentioned above, have their UI team use a simulation and go "well that seems fine" and that's strictly for UI functions it seems. "Colour correction" makes things maybe a little brighter, but not much to write home about. For fun, boot up the game, look at the "High Contrast" UI theme and see if you can understand where they missed the mark...despite being told that blue writing on a blue background doesn't work.

Closest we get to decent Colourbind support is when we get them to incorporate symbols as well as colour; lockers and doors, and the addition of rarity stars to mods. That they label Companion and Dojo palettes with names is great, but it's somewhat infuriating that we don't have similar quality of life for the main palettes we use for frames and equipment. I also understand that there were some colour puzzle issues with Trials as well, which again, not surprised honestly.

Honestly, much like DeMonkey, I am baffled how they're seemingly devoid of anyone actually colourblind they can come to and ask...or when they ask us, they do a bit of change...then stop and call it a day before really finishing what needs doing. The "High Contrast" theme was originally some orange/green combo...which became a blue/blue (with some yellow) combo to begin with...then no further change, despite, again, pointing out the whole "blue is not contrasting on blue, tonality be damned".

Apologies for going on. It's somewhat of an understandable bugbear, when games handle colourblindness somewhat...poorly. DE have been getting better about it...but not without having to prod them a lot.

I use Simaris Scanner to search for Kuva. It has a small gold Corrupted mask in front of the cloud. It has a very distinct shape. If you will not scan it, it will glow orange... Not that it helps much from what I heard? And you do not have to void jump it, you can simply shoot in general direction from the glove.

That being said, I usually avoid Eris.

1 час назад, (XB1)Cram Duachim сказал:

Where Kuva come from? What it is? Why it has a Corrupted mask on it?!

Edited by rand0mname

14 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Why it has a Corrupted mask on it?!

It might be a sort of "cheat" so that there's something to scan at all, or a fixed "point", visible or not that can be then programmed to behave. Cloud itself is then some kind of particle effect tied to said invisible anchor point, perhaps.

16 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

What it is?

"Some say it is the blood of Orokin ancestors, an elixir of immortality...others say it is a corrupting oil, a poison bringing madness and evil"

More seriously, Kuva seems to be some form of tincture that the Orokin employed for a number of functions, but most prominently in the Continuity ritual; when standing in the Yuvan theatre before approaching the mirror, there are a lot of smashed Kuva vials littering the floor, which may imply a role in affecting the mind of the unfortunate chosen victims. Similarly, the Unum used her own "temple Kuva" to gain a link with the various fauna of the Plains, in order to track down and locate the Sentient that was terrorising her at night.

Which in turn leads to the scary aspect that supposedly, Kuva could restore a Sentient's reproductive capabilities should it partake of it.

So...on the one hand, we know that there is a strong link between Kuva and the "mind", whilst on the other, it seemingly possesses physically regenerative or bolstering capabilities. Leading me to wondering if Kuva may essentially be the Orokin equivalent of a "Philosopher's Stone". Wouldn't be the first time I wonder if the Orokin essentially used "alchemy" for their insane feats of genetic manipulation and exploitation, at the least.

26 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Where Kuva come from?

Somewhat unclear. We know that supposedly, it's gathered in particle form via the Worm's siphons...and that it may rely in some part on exploiting the energy of nearby Tenno to facilitate it's creation/attraction in those instances. However, the Unum also creates temple-Kuva which she grants to the Ostrons so it's likely there are varying ways to manufacture it.

Any rate, apologies for vague speculation and the like.