The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

500 Free Platinum For Iphone/ipad Users

xveganrox

I've gone through the steps, but don't know when to expect the code. The OP said by the 6th, but not sure where that info came from. I didn't see that on the website. I want to tell some other folks about this, but wanted to see if the code arrived first. I'm also wondering when this offer expires.

I've gone through the steps, but don't know when to expect the code. The OP said by the 6th, but not sure where that info came from. I didn't see that on the website. I want to tell some other folks about this, but wanted to see if the code arrived first. I'm also wondering when this offer expires.

It says the by the 6th in the magazine. You can check it if you download the issue.

Can someone confirm if this works in the US, by using the UK site they want us to?

I just did it and I live in California.  I just followed the instructions to a "T".

It says the by the 6th in the magazine. You can check it if you download the issue.

I can confirm this.  I opened the magazine up, went to the Warframe page and they list code information to the left side of the article.  It also confirms its platinum and not credits as suggested earlier.

Can someone confirm this is not a trap in the long run.

So we download a trial, then manually unsubscribe, and still get 500 plat?

It sounds almost too good to be true I really need to have peace of mine, thanks!

It's not a trap, it is a legitimate magazine that is trying to coax/gently trick people into subscribing to their magazine by giving one edition away for free (October's). It just so happens that there is an article in this month's magazine with a free warframe plat code. 

Inb4 that "20 pounds" gift consist of a ton of credits.

£20 plat code, as stated in the magazine.

The Author of the article is a fan of the game and is promoting Warframe, obviously wrangled some codes out of DE (or DE gave them) as a form of promotion for the game.

Do you need a credit card to sign up for this?

You don't have to sign your life away with a credit card, but you do need an apple ID. If you have an Apple ID, you will have a card (or should do) linked to your account.

Downloading the free edition won't cost you a penny, but the app will attempt to sign you up for next month's subscription, costing £2.49 i believe. Just go to your account settings and unsubscribe to prevent this from happening.

There's a promotion right now where iPhone/iPad users can get a free voucher for 20GBP worth of platinum (not region restricted, from what I've seen) just for getting a PC Gamer UK trial issue. Basically, here's what you need to do.

1. Go to the App Store on your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad.
2. Search for "PC Gamer UK" (Not the USA version - both are available in the USA App Store)
3. Download the app
4. Select "free trial," and allow Apple to send your information to PC Gamer
5. Download the issue of the magazine (optional)
6. Go back to the App Store, scroll to the bottom of the "Featured" tab, and click your Apple ID, and tap "View Account"
7. Under "Subscriptions" tap "manage."
8. Under "PC Gamer Subscription," turn "Auto-Renewal" off.
9. Between now and September 6th, you will receive your voucher code via email. Enjoy!

As a side note, definitely consider keeping the PC Gamer UK subscription if you're at all into gaming. They have some great articles, and often include $20+ of free games and free content every month!

Can i do this with just the internet or an android device?

I think you do. I tried to change my App Store account to UK so the Magazine accepts me for Free Trial, but couldn't get it done without Credit card.

Why would you have to change to a UK account? I didn't.

Ah, I see it now, on page 34. It actually says "around September 6" and that it may take a couple of days to receive a code. It does not say "by the 6th".

Can i do this with just the internet or an android device?

You can do it through Zinio, but then it ends up costing like $4-5. I don't think it will work with Android through Google Play because of region locking. Maybe you have a friend or family member who would let you borrow their phone or tablet for 10 minutes?

Ah, I see it now, on page 34. It actually says "around September 6" and that it may take a couple of days to receive a code. It does not say "by the 6th".

I said "September 6th," it says "September 6th," you're welcome =)

yeah complete bllS#&$. Google has stupid region locks, Zinio and such seem to require UK billign address also and App store requires you to have a dam gay apple product.

And ofc the magazine isnt available as a paper copy here.

Why is there NEVER anythign liek that internationally available... ether UK or US ... all the time ffs.

they will charge u for terminating the trial its how all free trial subs work  yes you will get 500 plat but it will charge the credit card u have listed on your apple id acc .. its usually cheap around 7-10$  but it will still charge u for canceling the trial .. nothing is free in this world

they will charge u for terminating the trial its how all free trial subs work  yes you will get 500 plat but it will charge the credit card u have listed on your apple id acc .. its usually cheap around 7-10$  but it will still charge u for canceling the trial .. nothing is free in this world

Well I tried it... I certainly hope not. We'll see.

That seems very unlikely. If it was a little-known or disreputable company that might happen, but PC Gamer is fairly mainstream. If you're really concerned about that you could just buy a single issue for $4 and get the 20GBP worth of platinum without having to subscribe. According to the Terms & Conditions, though, as long as you unsubscribe more than 24 hours before the billing date you won't be charged. The billing date is the beginning of October, and you can turn off auto-renewal right away.

That seems very unlikely. If it was a little-known or disreputable company that might happen, but PC Gamer is fairly mainstream. If you're really concerned about that you could just buy a single issue for $4 and get the 20GBP worth of platinum without having to subscribe. According to the Terms & Conditions, though, as long as you unsubscribe more than 24 hours before the billing date you won't be charged. The billing date is the beginning of October, and you can turn off auto-renewal right away.

so it means I won't get charged even if I unsubscribe?

That's exactly what I did... Also since no one else has said it. Thank you Xveganrox!

I really can't see how there would be an issue through iTunes. They didn't charge me for the issue and it says it's 4 bux if I want to renew next month. Plus while everyone is against Apple their customer service is great.

Alright. Managed to get the "Free" trial on iPad. Downloaded the Issue. Says I gotta wait for an email around sep 6th. It says I gotta "Opt-in", what exactly does that mean?

4. Select "free trial," and allow Apple to send your information to PC Gamer