Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little more love for my old Mag

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone

planning on investing some plat for an affinity booster and i'm studying the build so i can go straight forward. Let's talk about my Mag.
Thats' the actual build:
8QDAvSU.jpg

Mag is the oldest one frame i have (really, is the one i started with, almost one year ago) and i'm emotionally attached to her. Sometime i abandoned on the shelf, then again upgraded and abandoned after a while. I used to use for long range in PoE, then Zephyr came and everything else lose sense on Plains...
Besides, is still a good dps so i guess if/how can i adjust her to give a bit more love and start using again in some situation :)

13 answers to this question

Mag don't need shield mods, she is the shield mod. 

She can replenish shields , as well as provide overshields with her ability. You don't need accord or redirection. 

Duration is not needed so 100% or even slightly lower is fine so contender for transient fortitude. 

Get as much range and strength as you can push,

replace endurance drift with either power or cunning. 

Mag is a caster, high efficiency and a flow mod really helps as well so keep that (could replace flow if you play smart and efficiently). 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Duration is not needed

The high Efficiency route for Pull and Crush spam is certainly viable, but, just sayin',
Counter Pulse is a great Augment that very much appreciates Duration
(same for the base Polarize ability, yay mass damage and Armor / Shield shredding).

It can also be fun / effective to create choke shredpoints with long-lasting (big) Magnetize bubbles.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

The high Efficiency route for Pull and Crush spam is certainly viable, but, just sayin',
Counter Pulse is a great Augment that very much appreciates Duration
(same for the base Polarize ability, yay mass damage and Armor / Shield shredding).

It can also be fun / effective to create choke shredpoints with long-lasting (big) Magnetize bubbles.

I usually use crush to get overshields and emergency cc. 

The strategy is to drop a pull to get all the enemies together

Polarise to strip em while they are down 

Magnetize for the damage (I usually carry a good projectile weapon with punch though) that turns into a disco ball. Mara detron is suggested. 

Very rarely will enemies survive and if they do... Just Magnetize em again. The duration needs to be just enough for enemies to die. 

The reason I said duration is not a must is because the offset of range will allow Polarise to still be functional. 

Again near 100% duration so fleeting + primed continuity is fine. 

Hi and ty for your advices

So something like this could be nice enough and funny to play with?
https://goo.gl/bPJicr

and what about a build that will use one of the augment? wich one? (i honestly dunno what should i buy and how should i build...)

as good projectile i can get Supra Vandal with cephalon suda augment mod; besides i have also Soma Prime, or Ignis Wraith/Arca Plasmor for cc

Edited by Kelpie77

İf you have adaptation, use it with vigor/ primed vigor. She can restore her shields fast enough to avoid dying with adaptation. Also you can stack it with your shield, practically getting %90 dmg red by just tanking with shield. 

2 hours ago, Kelpie77 said:

Hi and ty for your advices

So something like this could be nice enough and funny to play with?
https://goo.gl/bPJicr

and what about a build that will use one of the augment? wich one? (i honestly dunno what should i buy and how should i build...)

as good projectile i can get Supra Vandal with cephalon suda augment mod; besides i have also Soma Prime, or Ignis Wraith/Arca Plasmor for cc

Blind Rage > Transient Fortitude

Narrow Minded > Stretch 

Counter Pulse > Augur Reach

Cunning Drift > Power Drift

Pure Polarize build, Magnetize sphere is big enough to lock Enemies on spawning points but are not frustrating for allies and enemies are not covered behind them. Give it a try.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Blind Rage > Transient Fortitude

Narrow Minded > Stretch 

Counter Pulse > Augur Reach

Cunning Drift > Power Drift

Pure Polarize build, Magnetize sphere is big enough to lock Enemies on spawning points but are not frustrating for allies and enemies are not covered behind them. Give it a try.

Oh ok thank you

so you mean something like this?
https://goo.gl/WF5eEq

it says:
85.00%   POWER EFFICIENCY
226.00% POWER STRENGTH
236.00% POWER DURATION
61.00%   POWER RANGE
is'nt power range and efficiency a bit low?

besides it's 3 more forma... i need to farm a little eh? 😄

1 hour ago, Kelpie77 said:

Oh ok thank you

so you mean something like this?
https://goo.gl/WF5eEq

it says:
85.00%   POWER EFFICIENCY
226.00% POWER STRENGTH
236.00% POWER DURATION
61.00%   POWER RANGE
is'nt power range and efficiency a bit low?

besides it's 3 more forma... i need to farm a little eh? 😄

Just swap Narrow Minded for Umbral Intensify without Formae to see if the build fits you. 

During mission we have around 10 options how to  replenish Energy but none how to increase other stats. 

Range is up to you, like it’s not necessary to have NM on higher Ranks, I have 3 R5, R8 and max.

Edit: If your Mag is still not Formae it’s time to get Mag prime, difference between Health and Energy is visible.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

Ok.
I rarely have full ranked derelict mods, because the negative effect seems a bit too higher (besides the positive are huge, i know). So i get them around R6-R8.

As for mag prime i know it's a boost but it's also vaulted and very expensive (and rare) to get. I have only one part, the neuroptics, and that's the common one 😄

Ok, so now the Mag Prime is on foundry. In 3 days i'll have her in my greedy hands...

i need to carefully choose the build and how to polarize the slot, i guess. So in the end i was planning on this progression:
first build, based on what you suggested me is (1 forma) https://goo.gl/bPJicr i added a V polarity
then for second build i'd use a counter pulse build: (2 forma) https://goo.gl/WF5eEq adding the D polarity will mean i had to remove the umbral vitality and put a vanilla one
last but not least, changing aura to CP (3 forma) and i'll then need to use vanilla vitality and intensify for the other build; but i can try this build i read somewhere https://goo.gl/LsVXHz with much efficiency for quick rapid cast of Fracturing Crush and using Quick Thinking (or Adaptation if i manage to drop it...) to survive...

What do you think? sounds like a good plan for you?

Le 16/10/2018 à 08:27, 0_The_F00l a dit :

Duration is not needed so 100% or even slightly lower is fine so contender for transient fortitude. 

Depends on what you want to do. I got a range/duration control based Fracturing Crush + Counter Pulse build for example. 

If you want her to work chokepoints, you also want duration. 

Pretty much the only setup i went for lower duration in is the ESO dps setup where i need the mag bubbles to explode fast instead of staying there all the time.