Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, what about adaptation?

RolandDischein

I think that it is already clear for everyone - the new mod Adaptation is too imbalanced. Any frame can be almoust immortal under it's resist. And the worst thing is that, most likely, it is clear for DE. So rework (i mean nerf) is not far off. I'm here because I don't want this nerf to kill the useful mod.

I think, that Adaptation need no nerf, but rework it's trigger. It will be more balanced if the adaptation will add a resist not for any damage received, but for a specific percentage of damage received. For example: R0 mod will give you 5% resist to status, if you have been damaged on 10% of your total HP and shields. Max rated mod will gevi 10% resist for 10% damage to your HP+shields. Bonuses are summarized. So you'll get 90% of the resist, losing 90% of the shields + health. This does not prevent you from regaining health, to continue to receive the resist. Treatment and restoration of the shields in the process of obtaining a resist also does not knock his counter. But to maintain 90% of the resist, it must be updated. That is mean, that you need to continue to lose 10% of your health, or the resist will drop and start to pile up again.

I think that this will not only make the adaptation more balanced, but also allow the use of adrenaline and anger in builds. With the current adaptation, they simply do not work.

Once again, I apologize for my English.:clem:

adaption is pretty interesting,
you can now turn any warframe with abilities to restore shield into a tank
especially on harrow and mag, as mag can restore the team shield on her 4.
it also work pretty well on trinity with energy vampire augment

Edited by HEA-Devazone

9 minutes ago, RolandDischein said:

I think that it is already clear for everyone - the new mod Adaptation is too imbalanced. Any frame can be almoust immortal under it's resist. And the worst thing is that, most likely, it is clear for DE. So rework (i mean nerf) is not far off. I'm here because I don't want this nerf to kill the useful mod.

I think, that Adaptation need no nerf, but rework it's trigger. It will be more balanced if the adaptation will add a resist not for any damage received, but for a specific percentage of damage received. For example: R0 mod will give you 5% resist to status, if you have been damaged on 10% of your total HP and shields. Max rated mod will gevi 10% resist for 10% damage to your HP+shields. Bonuses are summarized. So you'll get 90% of the resist, losing 90% of the shields + health. This does not prevent you from regaining health, to continue to receive the resist. Treatment and restoration of the shields in the process of obtaining a resist also does not knock his counter. But to maintain 90% of the resist, it must be updated. That is mean, that you need to continue to lose 10% of your health, or the resist will drop and start to pile up again.

I think that this will not only make the adaptation more balanced, but also allow the use of adrenaline and anger in builds. With the current adaptation, they simply do not work.

Its totally bugged bug atm , it makes frames totally immortal to any kind of damage when bug gets triggered or it just doesn't make frames resist to any kind of damage at all.

17 minutes ago, RolandDischein said:

It doesnt make any frame 'almost' immortal. All it does is help the squishy frame break past their level threshold. Every frame has its own enemy level threshold that it can handle, once it reaches past this, the frame will usually get mowed down. All this mod does is, help push past that barrier further by a little. Ultimately, the user will get hosed down. So is it broken? no, does it need a nerf? i am not sure. Taking into consideration that some of the frames that have been reworked came back stronger in one way or another. This mod simply does that work on a grander scale for all frames. At least taht's my thought on this mod. It works well for some frame. And for other frames it doesn't do much. Overall, of the 4 that was released, this is by far the best and worth farming for.

well for the effect i can confirm it's broken af lol
i would like to hear what point is a good nerf instead make the mod useless, but 75% should be fine atm.
Testing an umbral build nezha & adaptation, basically i get 1hp damage from lv150 ambulas /hit lol or at least consider lowering the number but keep the duration.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Dude, it’s a reward for an endgame gamemode. They’d just tick off everyone if they just nerfed all the useful ones.

but a lower rank player able to buy it with plat so yeah, it's not "so" end game content like riven since there is no mastery lock behind it

Edited by sasanao22

3 minutes ago, sasanao22 said:

i would like to hear what point is a good nerf instead make the mod useless, but 75% should be fine atm.
Testing an umbral build nezha & adaptation, basically i get 1hp damage from lv150 ambulas /hit lol or at least consider lowering the number but keep the duration.

but a lower rank player able to buy it with plat so yeah, it's not "so" end game content like riven since there is no mastery lock behind it

Oh no, newbs can and will buy things. What a horrible, terrible crime against nature.

As a Nidus main it irritates me when I see some MR1 who just bought Nidus and thinks they’re already the best by doing that. But there’s nothing I, you, or anyone else can do, so suck it up.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh no, newbs can and will buy things. What a horrible, terrible crime against nature.

As a Nidus main it irritates me when I see some MR1 who just bought Nidus and thinks they’re already the best by doing that. But there’s nothing I, you, or anyone else can do, so suck it up.

shhh no need to be that mad bro, people are giving opinion haha.
and with your suggestion i think it rational if DE also put a mastery rank lock to use instead nerfing that

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

This needs to get nerfed/fixed immediately before a majority of the player base gets a hold of it.

DE please don't introduce mods, gear, and abilities that you cannot balance content around. 

And just what frames have a free slot for this and can also tank the incoming damage to activate it?

You guys seem to forget that you need to get hit atleast once every 20 sec to push the stacks up. Looking at a bombard and the fact that at lv40 these guys deal approx 665 damage effectively mean that you cant just go with a mag and facetank him just to get the 90% at 9 stacks. Same goes for the nox, napalms, eximus and ancient  infesteds, nullfiers, sappers and techs.

49 minutes ago, sasanao22 said:

So you got a frame what already has 90% dr and put on another 90% dr and you say its too much? Do you by any chance increased his armor and added in health conversion with arcanes too?

How about you go and put it on excalibur, ember, mag, limbo, mirage or zephyr and try it again? Lets see how capatable they are in surviving with this "soo Op" mod.

@Topic:

I'd love to see you with Ember tanking EoS solo or then on simulacrum tanking 10 heavy gunner 155 (with Gara's 2 is possible, with this mod is too?)

Low level =/= High Level, the only issue here is the lack of MR lock for this new mods, same thing to arcanes, or you will tell me 1200 armor from 2x guardian in a low level is balanced? Have you tried out 1 aegis set in low level content ??

Limiting end game content because of easy access to beginners is not an option, but MR lock is.

Edited by Peter

53 minutes ago, Peter said:

MR lock for this new mods, 

Mr locking this mod wont make it more balanced (not that its unbalanced currently) so why do that?

Why does it matter that a newbie uses this on earth when the starchart according to DE should be finished before you hit mr7?

tfw you're intrigued by the mod but not sure how to fit it into any of your builds.

You have to remember that, while this thing is a *great* choice for a second survivability mod.... it's a second survivability mod. You need to be able to not die in the first place for Adaptation to be stackable, due to the DR ramping up. That's another slot I'm dedicating to something other than quicker movement or power stats. Most builds don't have the room. Some don't even slot one.

So I'd say it's fine. The fact that it's reactive instead of automatic makes it deceptively weak, and the fact that it's potent in spite of armor stats means you can finally actually make frames like Ember not perma-squish. Of course, at a cost of something else in your build, but as the saying goes... all miracles require sacrifice.

If anything needs nerfed it's the unranked version of it. +5% <=90% @ 10s is absurdly good for 2 mod cap. Maybe change it from 90% cap (EHP x10) to 80% cap (EHP x5), with a +2% cap gain per rank? Regardless, think I'm gonna need like 7 copies of this thing so I can use it as a filler mod.

Though if I was gonna nerf it, I'd just drop the base duration from 10s to 5s (max rank 20s -> 15s).
People overestimate how often they get hit.

Edited by Eirshy

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

And just what frames have a free slot for this and can also tank the incoming damage to activate it?

You guys seem to forget that you need to get hit atleast once every 20 sec to push the stacks up. Looking at a bombard and the fact that at lv40 these guys deal approx 665 damage effectively mean that you cant just go with a mag and facetank him just to get the 90% at 9 stacks. Same goes for the nox, napalms, eximus and ancient  infesteds, nullfiers, sappers and techs.

Funny that you would mention that. I think the mod needs to be reevaluated.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

And what's the problem with Mag tanks with its 2000 shield?

And why does it have to be reevaluated? What's the problem if Mag allows this? why have you ever complained about Inaros having 8000 life, Valkyr 2500 armor and Gara 90% reduced damage giving more than 1M damage with 1?

I am tired of seeing only Inaros and Valkyr when the missions are dangerous, for the first time I see squishy frames like Mag being used and already want to spoil it.

You. in all the time ignoring 8000 of life in an Inaros, I see no basis in asking nerf because a 2000 shield frame can resist more than one shot.

I really hope that the shield comes back to have a utility, I'm disgusted with the meta of rage + quick thinking.

Edited by Peter

Thats a nice thread there where the OP even mentions that the enemies I mentioned will still KILL YOU.

Most people on the thread agree that DE finally did the right thing and created a mod what can shields useful.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Thats a nice thread there where the OP even mentions that the enemies I mentioned will still KILL YOU.

Most people on the thread agree that DE finally did the right thing and created a mod what can shields useful

Well if you're going to just pretend that's the only thing the OP said about the mod then this conversation with you and I is over. He clearly had a lot more to say that you've convieniently left out of your response including examples of resisting all damage completely. We're done after this amigo. I've seen all I need to see with your response. 

If you think that mod exists to create a more fun and exciting game where several frames just become immortal then enjoy. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Well if you're going to just pretend that's the only thing the OP said about the mod then this conversation with you and I is over. He clearly had a lot more to say that you've convieniently left out of your response including examples of resisting all damage completely. We're done after this amigo. I've seen all I need to see with your response. 

If you think that mod exists to create a more fun and exciting game where several frames just become immortal then enjoy. 

And in all posts about the Adaptation you ask nerf without a good argument as a salty Kid.

4 часа назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:

Dude, it’s a reward for an endgame gamemode. They’d just tick off everyone if they just nerfed all the useful ones.

Endgame gamemode? Sorry, we are talking about same game modes? T4 was harder then it.

4 часа назад, sasanao22 сказал:

75% resist will make it useless. Arcane Guardian gives a 70% resist. Trinity in resist buld  became useless as she get 75% max

Well im not gonna argue, i can see in the thread a bunch of people who praise this mod as they got something what finally makes the squishies useable without the need to sacrafice energy or invest into arcanes. I see some people explaining potentional bugs and some guys who even say that while its useable its nothing too good.

How about instead of screaming nerf we take a breath and enjoy that mag now doesnt have to depend on being a bubble girl to survive and zephyr can go around without the need to always activate turbulence.

7 hours ago, RolandDischein said:

Immortal.... Lol if you count level 20 hitting you and taking no damage then sure, immortality is here. However try running a long survival and that's it, like most people say, you'll be one shotted if not careful. This mod will add some survivability, but it's far from being overpowered. You can use the ancient and get the same 90% damage negation. I don't see people yelling "NERF THE ANCIENT SPECTER!"... Enjoy something for once for F sake.

Edited by Fellas92