Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Discounts

Reborn666skull

Question

Hello everyone, I need some help about the Platinum DIscounts.

Here's the situation: I'm quite lucky with 75% off discounts, every 2 weeks I get one. And I have a friend who would like to buy plat but he can't get any discount for 3 months already. 

Now question: May the friend give me money so I can buy platinum and then give him the platinum via trade post?

P.S. I've read EULA and Trading FAQ, it says: "Non-Warframe Item Trading: Trading in-game items for non-game items (including cash) is a violation of the Terms of Use/EULA, and can lead to your account being banned. If the items can't be traded within the Trade UI, it is not a supported trade." I am really curious if friendship can be a reason of account ban. So far I always used my own money to buy platinum but this time I don't have any money to use discount and my friend really is jealous of my discount luck. IMO: I should not be banned because: 1) This can't be called an actual trading in-game items for non-game items (cash), since I give the platinum to my friend, not a random player, also he pays my ability to use discount, doesn't pay the full-price for the platinum that was obtained with coupon; 2) I am not earning anything from this operation, I will spend all the money my friend will give me for this discount.

So what do you say? I've given much platinum to my friends before, hosted giveaways, never got problems with it. I know that giving money can't be tracked by DE with any way, but as an honest player I want to know if it is legal to help friends to get some platinum with such an unusual way.

Edited by Reborn666skull

10 answers to this question

Ignore all the people above me I have no clue why they are spreading false information. If your friend pays you money and you buy platinum. Then you proceed to trade the platinum you bought to your friend, it is a violation of EULA.

100%  violation. 

If you don't believe me feel free to check out sources: 

Now this says multiple accounts, and you may say but its not multiple accounts, they are two different accounts belonging to two different people. And to that I will say "Same S**t;"

If the discount was meant for your account, it stays on your account. Feel free to check eula as well, it states that you can have multiple accounts, but they are not to interact with each other. But what your doing is honestly the same thing

I have knowledge on this because I run a clan and we do giveaways.

In my giveaways, I am giving away 50 - 100 plat.  De knows I am not a plat seller as my track record is clean.

But if you do a 4k plat trade or something then omegalol nani??!? Of course DE will think your a 3rd party seller. They don't want to listen to your excuses about how your doing it for your friend. If they let you go, then they have to unban all the thousands of other 3rd party sellers that will also claim they were giving it to their friends

Edited by Shai

27 minutes ago, Reborn666skull said:

I am really curious if friendship can be a reason of account ban.

If it violates the game rules it can.

What you can do is have your Friend transfer the money to your bank account then you do the purchase. Afterwards its a matter of meeting In-game and transferring the platinum to him via Trade tho he might have a very high Credit fee to pay and the platinum might go On-Hold for a few days. Since the Platinum has been bought legitimately i think there shouldnt be any problems tho it might fall into the "Platinum Discount Exploit" category.

Might have to consult the Doge of Wisdom. **Throws a Clem Noggle into the brazier to summon @Letter13 **

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

5 минут назад, BiancaRoughfin сказал:

If it violates the game rules it can.

What you can do is have your Friend transfer the money to your bank account then you do the purchase. Afterwards its a matter of meeting In-game and transferring the platinum to him via Trade tho he might have a very high Credit fee to pay and the platinum might go On-Hold for a few days. Since the Platinum has been bought legitimately i think there shouldnt be any problems.

Might have to consult the Doge of Wisdom. @Letter13

He was going to transfer his money to my debet card and then I would pay with it. I dunno if this somehow violates the rules, less than 20 hours left to get the plat, no idea when I get next discount coupon. Also I already have OVER9000 plat, no idea what to do with it, and I am still tempted to get the biggest plat pack to make it over 13,000 plat summarily. But... I want to eat too xD

Edited by Reborn666skull

I dont see a problem, how much plat does he want to buy?

Just buy common mods off him for ridiculous amounts.  Ripping people off isnt against the rules i dont think.  DE doesnt need to know you are buying plat for a friend with a discount.  All they need to know is that you are dumb and you paid 1000 plat for ammo drum.....

I also don’t see a problem. You’ll be buying plat with your card for your account. After that, it’s up to you how you spend it. As stated above, there’s a fee of 500 credits per unit of plat, wich can add up to a hefty sum.

Also keep in mind, if the amount is huge, you don’t have to trade him all the plat at once. If he wants something from in-game market (frame, weapons, cosmetics, boosters...), you can buy it yourself and gift it to him.

В 16.10.2018 в 15:46, Shai сказал:

But if you do a 4k plat trade or something then omegalol nani??!? Of course DE will think your a 3rd party seller. They don't want to listen to your excuses about how your doing it for your friend. If they let you go, then they have to unban all the thousands of other 3rd party sellers that will also claim they were giving it to their friends

I think this one here convinced me. My biggest plat trade was 1455 pl, I gave it away to the certain Warframe Partner for future giveaways during his stream on twitch.

Before that I hosted a giveaway of 1500 platinum giveaway (5 prizes, 500, 400, 300, 200 and 100, one winner still didn't get his 400 plat, he doesn't respond).

Still not banned. Well, maybe because I record all my giveaways and publish them on forums so DE can see I throw tons of plat away not for dosh.

Edited by Reborn666skull

This would be acting as a plat reseller, albeit in a limited capacity (single person client list).
Ergo, this would most certainly be a violation.

Doesn't matter your relationship with the "buyer", you're accepting money irl for plat in-game.