Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I don't have her yet. Haven't gotten to Sedna to get her.

I'm still at Pluto

Just know that Saryn is not great for a new player in E/SO. The vets forget that new players don’t have the molt augment, medi-Ray,  magus vigor, arcane grace/guardian, or the melee healing mods. She’s great when you have some of those healing items because she’s a squishy frame. Without those healing items, new players will struggle and die a lot. Also Saryn, as opposed to Saryn Prime, is less than ideal because of the starting energy level in E/SO. Also SO kind of sucks for Saryn because there aren’t enough enemies to maintain your spores.

If all you want to do is farm Khora, take your most survivable frame and a powerful weapon. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb KosmicKerman:

Just know that Saryn is not great for a new player in E/SO. The vets forget that new players don’t have the molt augment, medi-Ray,  magus vigor, arcane grace/guardian, or the melee healing mods. She’s great when you have some of those healing items because she’s a squishy frame. Without those healing items, new players will struggle and die a lot. Also Saryn, as opposed to Saryn Prime, is less than ideal because of the starting energy level in E/SO. Also SO kind of sucks for Saryn because there aren’t enough enemies to maintain your spores.

If all you want to do is farm Khora, take your most survivable frame and a powerful weapon. 

I'm going for the normal SO
And I don't have any of those mods.
One of my most survivable frames right now  is Rhino

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)xtharbadx:

Depends on what you have available.

If you have, or can pick up Volt from your dojo, he does wonders in E/SO.

His Discharge ability will pretty much delete everything if modded properly with a nice balance of high range along side with some durability and strength.

I have Volt.
THo I have a more generalized mod setup.

1 minute ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I'm going for the normal SO
And I don't have any of those mods.
One of my most survivable frames right now  is Rhino

I think that SO is still tough for new players without the health restoring mods/items.  Vets forget how much power they have access to. Weapons that can one shot most enemies, maxed or well developed focus schools (this translates to unlimited energy more or less), well forma’ed warframes using corrupted mods and POE mods, and of course a lot of experience. 

I’d try out Rhino with a powerful weapon and see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Anyone having advice for me going into Sanctuary Onslaught?

Understand how the mode works:

The more you/your team kills the better. So try and utilize this.

As much AoE you can get from either frames or weapons (Whips and spin2win *cough cough*)

11 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I have Volt.
THo I have a more generalized mod setup.

You have access to 3 Loadouts. Use them.

Like said: a Discharge build can kill almost everything in E/SO until Round 10 ish

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Haven't tried Volt there even though I've farmed Hydron and such with him, how well does he scale compared to Saryn?

He can wipe the map in SO by sacrifing survivability mods and focusing on range, power, and efficiency. I don’t know about ESO since you can’t spam abilities there. I would guess the focus would be on range and duration. My guess is that he would be significantly slower at map clearing than Saryn. 

I'd recommend also to try Equinox, max range mods and atterax or whatever melee weapons with a good range. A riven could help of course. It's boring the spin to win way, yeah, but onslaught it's boring by default. With her i usually got the most kills and she performs well even in eso.

Edited by (PS4)Dublincore

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Dublincore:

I'd recommend also to try Equinox, max range mods and atterax or whatever melee weapons with a good range. A riven could help of course. It's boring the spin to win way, yeah, but onslaught it's boring by default. With her i usually got the most kills and she performs well even in eso.

I'm still in the process of ranking her up.

Edited by (PS4)KyomaSatomi