Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should DE remake the Orbiter planet skyboxs?

Zahnny

I understand the title is probably confusing, by Orbiter planet skyboxs I mean when you're in your Orbiter outside of missions and you look out of the windows.

I'm not sure on the exact age of when they were originally added but ever since I joined they were always a thing, and honestly they are nice to see outside your windows.

However, I feel they have/are becoming dated and are showing signs of their age. Currently the only ones I like are the Void and the newer planetary areas such as Lua and Kuva Fortress. As something that represents the last place you've been to it kinda sucks when I'd much rather be looking at Lua than [insert planet name]. However I imagine there are some players that may have become attached to these and could be upset by their removal. I wanted to make this thread to see what opinion is on having them remade.

In the very least with Venus coming Soon.TM and Railjack coming in a year or two I feel it'd be within DE's interest to remake Venus to include this planetary defense system we'll be piloting through over Venus and potentially other planets, to appease the lore anyway.

I also want to point out how with the window added with the private quarters typically you look out of that window and just see space, nothing much of interest.