Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation is a bad idea

S.Dust

The new mod from what i've scene from youtubers seems too good now this isnt another it needs to be nerfed thread this is just the way i think things will go if the mod is left in the game, so view this as more of a warning thread. With how thing have been going the game finds itself in a position where many of its higher level players are requesting more of a challenge in order to pass the time, due to the fact that we are already killing machines it feels like the devs are having a difficult time creating that challenge for us. I feel like with the new mod the amount of damage a player can tank has been increased almost too much, if we continue to get supplied with things making us invincible then people will just keep complaining for a challenge that they will never get due to the fact that we cant die or are able to cheese things so hard. I feel like the new mod is just adding to the problem so while yes it would probably make alot of people mad i feel like for the better good the mod either should not exist or be alot harder to get so that it doesn't become a common thing everyone has, it's already hard enough to fail a mission as is. 

Give some replies tell me how you feel about it please and have a good day, evening, or night.

Adaptation on its own is not very powerful, it needs proper frame setup. Since warframe abilities gets blocked by the arbitration bots, without reliable surviving mods(which is very limited to health, shield and armor mods) people will get frustrated more and more for going through these hard changes(since we became so reliant on revives; even vets/pros).

In my opinion, we need more survival mods for the squishy frames that can't utilize adaptation. Rolling Guard already helps in this, but it's not enough.

Well aside from the fact it's a high-cost D-polarity mod that requires ten ranks, is only available as a rare (3.5% at best) drop from something specifically designed to be the endgame of a sorts, one which gives you one life, no revives, makes life harder through other restrictions, makes Power-dependant frames a lot harder to play as with any degree of effectiveness or, indeed, safety...

I'd actually say Adaptation's in a good spot due to both the sheer difficulty in introducing new copies to the market, how much effort/time you gotta go through to unlock it, and the cost in upgrading it.  It's a fitting reward for the challenge you need to go through to acquire it.

The new mod is fine, mostly because it really does not change much. Because you need to take hits to be able to bring up the resistance, it is only really viable on Warframes that can already tank. And those Warframes that already tank are already basically immortal... you can't be more immortal than immortal.

Don't take this as me saying it is useless, but the use cases are mostly niche and don't impact the overall balance of the game. It is not turning squsihy casters into tanks, it is just making tanks a little bit tankier.

Edited by DrBorris

If anything the new mods only provide the option of how you want to have survivability. Just like how we've had the option to use (Primed)Flow + Quick Thinking instead of traditional health/shield mods. Now we simply have the option of using Adaptation instead.

I'd say it isn't even remotely in the "overpowered" category of mods/setups we have available to us.

Taking 18-10 hits per damage type in a mission and continuing to maintain that is only easy for tanky frames. If you're in the level ranges where having the mod stacked is actually useful then you're also in the range where getting one-shot is a concern; meaning it's difficult to even begin using the mod for squishy frames but also redundant on tanky ones.

And even if you do stack it you're still using a setup that requires you to be face tanking enemies which (if you don't die) will incur a lot of chip damage at your health which will add up over a mission if you're not capable of healing yourself. But if you can heal yourself then the mod is also redundant.

Also there is the issue of if you want to take Adaptation along with your normal survivability mods then you're now using an extra mod slot just for survivability; which is also redundant and making your abilities worse in the process.

I tried in several frames, who was tank continued tank but it seems that did not help much, my Gara continues needing the 2 to survive and the Inaros, well ... that died before? instead I lost strength, my Gara lost healing of the Mending Splinter and damage, Inaros lost a lot with the healing area of 4, so I conclude that it is not worth putting this mod in frames that already tank, the difference is minimal.

Now in frames that were once extremely fragile like Mag, Nova and Banshee I managed to get a better result, not to the point of tanking 5 heavy gunners 155, but in the elite alert, being careful to stack the effect and not take too much damage, I I managed to keep well on the mission, but there were moments when I died in a shot with 90%. (I know 90% are only one element).

I conclude:

In frames tanks this will not be necessary, on squishy frames (not necessarily using shields), I managed to have a more consistent game without dying for anything, but if you are careless the end will be tragic.

Nerf? difficult, 90% scare, but when you test the mod you'll realize that it's not all that. Inaros immortal? he's was always immortal.

Edited by Peter

Got one today and have been testing it out on several different frames. While I do think it makes a noticeable difference in survivability it isn't as though having it is a free purchase either; Warframe builds are already pretty tight to begin with as most Warframes are wanting a decent helping of at least three of their primary attributes (Power, Efficiency, Range, Duration) meaning that fitting Adaptation in usually required I removed something fairly critical towards my build. 

For Caster frames this often means that their crowd control is a more spotty, which meant that I'd be taking more damage anyway. Adaptation seems like it makes a noticable difference with shields and their ability to handle chip damage, but spike damage that would kill me normally still killed me with Adaptation on as Casters don't have enough damage mitigation to tank these hits normally, and Adaptation doesn't happen quickly enough for it to make a difference before I am dead. 

Tank frames lose some of their offense edge to become even more unkillable, but that doesn't seem entirely worth it considering my Tank frames were already pretty indestructible to begin with. 

Ultimately I think Adapation is just exactly what it is; More damage mitigation at the cost of not having something else, and that seems fine to me. 

Mod is quite powerful, true, but it does require kinda tanky frame to work to begin with. On weaker frame - it helps but just in limited scenarios, like when taking lot of hits of smaller damage. If something can 1-2 or 3 shot you, it won't help a lot.

So this turned my wukong to immortal tank and my innaros is now just ridiculous - but hey guess what, they were immortal tanks even before this mod. 

So this pushed an array of tanky frames to almost rhino levels - which is good. 

Bad thing is that you have to accommodate mod on already fished and perfected builds dropping range, strength or duration. 

I personally have no problem with the mod to be clear with everyone i really am not looking for some next level challenges im open to them but not complaining for them i just felt like the community as of late has been complaining for harder content and wanted to say something about the potential hole that DE might be digging for themselves if they keep make us more powerful.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Why are you drawing conclusions and basing feedback on not your own experience, but that of edited personalities?

again i personally have no problem with the mod im just saying we keep getting more powerful and the game doesn't scale with us very well.

32 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I personally have no problem with the mod to be clear with everyone i really am not looking for some next level challenges im open to them but not complaining for them i just felt like the community as of late has been complaining for harder content and wanted to say something about the potential hole that DE might be digging for themselves if they keep make us more powerful.

It doesn't make us that powerful though. You either need to use it in place of existing survivability mods/setups or sacrifice some ability altering mod for it.

Replacing a Vitality/Redirection or Quick Thinking isn't strictly a better or worse choice and using it in addition to those weakens your abilities in some way.

Min-maxers will find some setup that allows for it without losing anything/much but it doesn't allow for any more game breaking that the same min-maxers can achieve already.

5 hours ago, Viceous said:

Sure it makes frames like Inaros even more faceroll in endurance runs and what not but it invites squishy frames into those runs now..leave it alone.

not really... for it to work you need to take shots so squishy frames will get the least out of it tbh... also its giving another mod slot up for more survivability which is kinda useless since even tank frames need to kill stuff to get the mission done.