Why are kavat genentic code drops so low?

TheKazz91

Does it make any sense to anyone that Feral Kavats only have a 15% chance to drop genetic code which is deturmined before you scan them? I've been trying to get a smeeta and an adarza along with stuff to make Khora and this is rediculous. First off you have to scann them it to get it which means you need to completely stop playing the game normally and actually put a concerted effort and thought into getting them (which I am ok with.) you also pretty much have to have some form of hard CC because other wise it's nearly impossible to get a complete scann because they move so fast. Oh and while they are stunned they can easily be killed by corrupted heavy gunners or infested before you can scan then. Then after all that you only have a 15% chance to actually get the genetic code which isnt effected by a resource booster. To top it off there are only about 4-10 per mission meaning that on average if you scan every kavat you might get 1 gene code per mission. Now I think this 15% would be more than reasonable if this were a normal drop that you got after killing the feral kavats because then you would most certainly get more than enough through standard game play just by doing vault runs but because you need to scan them I feel this should be a much higher percentage, probably something like 45% 

I've scanned around 40-50 kavats so far and I have received 3 so far... So 1/3rd of the way to Khora so far. Keep in mind to get both type of kavats and khora it will require a minimum of 39 gene codes so if everything is perfectly average that is roughly 260 cats that need to be scanned assuming you dont end up getting the same type of kavat twice at an average of 7 per mission that can be killed before you get the chance to scan them. So again if everything is perfectly average we are looking around 9-10 runs to get enough for 1 kavat/khora set. 

Lets compare this to kubrows which only require a egg to drop when you destroy a nest I cant find the exact drop rate of the eggs but based on personal experience it seems to be around about 5% as there are usually around 4-6 dens per mission and if you destroy them all its about 4 or 5 missions before you get one usually. They are also appear to be effected by drop rate boosters (though I cant confirm that) the most important factor though is that it doesnt require you to pull out a scanner and be actively invested in collecting them. It is highly likely that you'll get more kubro eggs that you'll ever want or need just by running lith fissure missions. Why is something that requires specific effort less likely to provide what you are looking for than something that will literally just happens by while playing the game as you normally would? 

Again this doesnt make any sense to me and I really think this drop chance should be increased to about 40 to 50%

Edited by TheKazz91

You can make it infinitely easier if you have a heliocor, synthesis scanners and the Sol-Battery widget (all of which are available via Simaris). This lets you quite literally go smacking dem cats for scans without having to faff about with scanning them. If you can't wait for the Sol Battery Widget, just spend a ton of codex scanners.

Alternatively, wait for Kavat gene code alerts to pop up. Inaro's quest also spawns a ton of them and is where I got my first kavat (combined with the helicor as stated above).

If these odds are already grinding your patience, you are not going to like hearing the odds of the Braton and Lato Vandals.

I feel your pain. I would love to for a chance to be increased... Not by 40%, but 20-30? Yes, please.

For now I can only advise to find a likeminded party - this will increase number of kavats per spawn. Some Tenno use Heliocor (but you will scan everything this way). Oh and as MechaEmperor7000 above said, Symaris Double scan device do helps a little.

Edited by rand0mname

The Sol-Battery is to make your synth scanners infinite. I find that once you have that, you can just jump into any derelict mission (preferably during a vault run or survival for octavia) and go ham. The Cross-Matrix one mentioned by Robolaser is the double scan one I think. Both are immensely useful in going about this. The only limiter at that point is getting derelict keys, but to be honest they're not that expensive to make (just kinda tedious since if you forget to put one in the oven as you leave and run out, you gotta twiddle your thumbs for about a minute).

Also kavats aren't particularly durable, so you don't need to put that much investment into your Heliocor (pressure point and one elemental mod should be more than enough), although I would recommend Fury (primed if possible) and gladiator vice to overcome it's slow swing speed. Synoid Heliocor can produce the same results and may be more desirable if you wanna potato it (although be warned the "digital zombies" it creates can sometimes kill other kavats).

I have all the scanner upgrades including the double scan which effectively is does nothing. This is because the genetic codes are treated as an item and each Kavat has a 15% chance to be holding that item which is calculated when they are spawned. This means you have a 15% chance followed by a 25% chance to get the double scan. I am not a statistics mathmagician but I'd estimate this equates to a ~3.5% chance that double scan upgrade does anything For you in this senario.

Edited by TheKazz91