Why Do dojo Decorations cost more at higher level?

0_The_F00l

Hello,

Hope you are doing great today ,
on to the topic, our clan is preparing for the contest linked below so do check it out, the submissions are pretty rad.

i went through the submissions and noticed most of the things are made by Shadow or ghost clans,

there are barely 10% submissions from Mountain , Moon or storm clans.

We were struggling with our own projects cause 9K polymer for one decoration? holy hell that's gonna take some serious farming to get all our stuff done (many projects are made of 50 or so individual pieces and one room can have many) but we persevered and pulled through for most of the stuff we had planned , we didn't mind cause grinds the name of the game , but after going through the submissions i realized its not cause our clan is made of fewer actual donators that we struggled (thanks to all those kind clan members that actually donate, you guys make all the things possible ❤️)

Before you say "but higher level clans do need to cost more or everyone will be top tier in no time" note that i only want the decorations and not the research cost to be reduced.

I am fine with room cost too, but the actual decorations in the room, especially the rare resources?

Does it mean i either have to join a super efficient clan which kicks members out for not contributing? or be part of a larger easy going clan but have to live in a spartan dojo ?

Let us face reality , Dojo decorations are only made by a select few in any clan , most other members are there for either the Research or because they like that clan and their friends are there, they will not be actively going through the gardens and enjoying the scenery , nor will they be intreested in donating their hard earned resources for cosmetic purposes.

Ours is a mountain clan , we cater to all (casual , vet , hardcore) and consider ourself a helpful clan , but we having to spend 30x amount of resources? to make something? with pure cosmetic value? this pretty much takes away any advantage of having a larger tier clan.

So it is my request that DE relooks at the cost of the decorations , having to spend an hour on ophelia just to add one more decoration puts off a lot our clan members from even trying,

and makes the decorators lose heart to create more projects.I am certain it is the same for the other clans as well. Reducing the cost will bring in more creativity and participation as well.

But i would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this ,if there are truly any valid reasons for keeping the system as is or a change is needed.

Edit:

Please do mention your clan size when you comment.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Additional inputs

It's the same cost per person for each clan tier. If you increase the player capacity of your clan by x3 all materials needed are also muliplied by 3. Nothing unfair about that if you communicate with your clan members and everyone contributes.

1 minute ago, Oru5732 said:

Nothing unfair about that if you communicate with your clan members and everyone contributes.

We managed in our clan exactly this way thats why we finished most of the projects,

but even of those 300 members usually only 10 or so actively contribute (cant blame em , most are new players or weekenders),

17 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

but even of those 300 members usually only 10 or so actively contribute (cant blame em , most are new players or weekenders),

If you have only 10 members who really contribute that's the issue, not the increased cost of the decos.

I am pretty sure nearly any large clan has long since done the bulk of research for the dojo gear.  Sure there will be new one like the most recent two, but even at Mountain clan level it is still possible for a single tenno to drop all the resources on the spot.  I am a Warlord to a Shadow clan, and I have paid for 3/4 of my dojo's item research all by myself without much trouble.  Heck even these last two weapons only required an hour in the Derelict for more Mutagen Samples since my clan is still working on the Hema and I didn't have any at the time.  Point is, once all the bulk research is done, what is stop every clan from ascending to the highest level even if they can't get more than 30 players to join.  Nothing really.  If a new weapon does come out and they can't afford just drop a tier or two and wait the 60 days.  So that not really going to stop clans from going to the highest clan size beyond personal clans.

Your clan has a much bigger potential manpower pool than mine.  If decorations cost the same for as they do for me, your clan could easily ask for pittance donations (which are far easier to get than a real amount) from your members and easily eclipse what my clan could generate with actual effort.  However, just like bigger companies you are getting less work per man because of your size.  Also because of your size, you will need better management/leadership if you want to get any real project off the ground.  At the same time you have potentially have a wealth of player resources/experience on hand as long as you didn't grow too quickly.

I think the increase cost is very fair.  If you want to have a huge clan of players prepare to pay for it.  Only a couple of weeks ago I was considering dropping my clan down a tier as we really only had 3 players working on the Hema research.  However, someone has been doing a lot of recruitment and we have triple the numbers (almost max) of players some of which have actually also started helping with Research.  If we get the Hema done, I will probably hold a vote with senior members to ascend.  Because I won't likely be able to pay for gear research like I did before.  I think you need to be careful and actually consider if it is worth increasing clan size which the current system does.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-16 at 12:21 AM, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

I am pretty sure nearly any large clan has long since done the bulk of research for the dojo gear.  Sure there will be new one like the most recent two, but even at Mountain clan level it is still possible for a single tenno to drop all the resources on the spot.  I am a Warlord to a Shadow clan, and I have paid for 3/4 of my dojo's item research all by myself without much trouble.  Heck even these last two weapons only required an hour in the Derelict for more Mutagen Samples since my clan is still working on the Hema and I didn't have any at the time.  Point is, once all the bulk research is done, what is stop every clan from ascending to the highest level even if they can't get more than 30 players to join.  Nothing really.  If a new weapon does come out and they can't afford just drop a tier or two and wait the 60 days.  So that not really going to stop clans from going to the highest clan size beyond personal clans.

Your clan has a much bigger potential manpower pool than mine.  If decorations cost the same for as they do for me, your clan could easily ask for pittance donations (which are far easier to get than a real amount) from your members and easily eclipse what my clan could generate with actual effort.  However, just like bigger companies you are getting less work per man because of your size.  Also because of your size, you will need better management/leadership if you want to get any real project off the ground.  At the same time you have potentially have a wealth of player resources/experience on hand as long as you didn't grow too quickly.

I think the increase cost is very fair.  If you want to have a huge clan of players prepare to pay for it.  Only a couple of weeks ago I was considering dropping my clan down a tier as we really only had 3 players working on the Hema research.  However, someone has been doing a lot of recruitment and we have triple the numbers (almost max) of players some of which have actually also started helping with Research.  If we get the Hema done, I will probably hold a vote with senior members to ascend.  Because I won't likely be able to pay for gear research like I did before.  I think you need to be careful and actually consider if it is worth increasing clan size which the current system does.

I am not concerned about Research cost.