Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLAINS OF EIDOLON RAID Idea

DADEFUYE

DpkPwdCU0AAtmog.jpg in

The goal of using abandoned resources or assets, I propose that we turn some caves on plains of eidolon into a raid/dungeon with a very powerful boss at the end. as part of my desire to keep on putting out ideas that will help, this is one of it.

first, we look at the lore aspect of it. considering that we could see a lot of sentient bones within these caves, it is possible to put a medium sized eidolon at the very end of that cave. it would fit perfectly into the lore and evolution of sentients. the boss doesn't have to be massive in order to be difficult. they can create a massive dome at the very end. have a massive underground space that will feel a lot like the lephantis boss room. if you guys ever played Metroid, you will see where I'm going with this.

We can have the raid listed on either the konzu mission board or on the balcony of the central tower. the host will select and start the mission and other players will be invited when the host is teleported to the plains. this will be part of the true series of end-game. you will enter from twin horns, the first levels of enemies will be starting from 85. the deeper you go, the harder it becomes. not just bullet sponges, enemy AI tactics will change. levels will increase to the maximum of 500. the boss will be a level 700. along the way, players will fight mini-bosses that will also reward them with certain buffs that will last about an hour. if your team doesn't finish the raid within an hour of collecting that buff, it wears off and the final boss now becomes super hard to kill.

some mini-bosses will give immunity boons, while some will give let's say 30% damage buff. one squad will be chasing after the damage buff, while another squad could be chasing an immunity buff. the buffs work as an aura. both squads will meet at the entrance of the final boss.  this is where DE's boss design will come in. it could be a grineer boss, it could be an infested or a sentient boss. it could even be the golden maw from the war within, but a giant one. a giant centipede.

these are some of my ideas for the caves on Cetus. right now, they are unused assets but let me know what you guys think. feel free to add your own take on this idea.

As far as rewards go, DE will have to figure something that is worth all the time and effort.

I really love this idea! I think that it would be great to see it as either a Grineer, corrupted or sentient raid, ending with a golden maw fight. I'd like to see arcanes & endgame mods like the arbitration mods be added to the rewards pool, along with arcanes ( lets hope new ones ) and new endgame items, like possibly weapon blueprints or boosters, kuva, etc. I'd even like to see a one life system like in arbitrations ( but allowing teammates to rez eachother ). At the very extreme end of things, they could make this a pvpve mode, where group A and B cant hurt or interract with eachother, but are both racing to kill the final boss, where the two groups will meet in one room. Still unable to interract with eachother.

Edited by (PS4)xterminator489

there as a mini boss that were supposed to be on the plains that was shown to us a long time ago in a stream, a machine that would produce some kind of earthquakes or something on those lines, those could be used as the mini-bosses for this mode or a new hard to kill mob.... 

Edited by kaelvamp

22 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This assumes DE even wants to be making raid content at this point or the near future. You call the caves unused assets, but they routinely have Bounty stages in them and are all open for things like Plague Star.

DE Said they were removing raids in order to "bring them back some day," this would be a good way to move in that direction. Players want diverse end-game activities. I don't think the small stages of bounties necessarily would rule out a mission more focused on those areas, as far as my bounties have gone, I rarely am in there for more than maybe a few minutes if the bounty happens to even take me to a cave at all. 

23 minutes ago, Oranges1 said:

DE Said they were removing raids in order to "bring them back some day," this would be a good way to move in that direction. Players want diverse end-game activities. I don't think the small stages of bounties necessarily would rule out a mission more focused on those areas, as far as my bounties have gone, I rarely am in there for more than maybe a few minutes if the bounty happens to even take me to a cave at all. 

The OP called them unused assets.They are not.

I am all for raids but I'm seeing am issue here.  With arch wings and void teleport transporting the plains is near instantaneous with you the right passives/mods.  Synergies with 4 people can be op, but with 8 this can get nonsensical.

This to me it makes more sense to wipe both bosses in 8 man teams super quick with more outgoing dps and enhancements as well as better survivability and cc.  Overall the mini boss buffs wouldn't really force the squad thing on each boss unless you forced the players into that and it seems like a bad design choice to intentionally force the players to only play a specific way.

Additionally you say "male the so smarter" but haven't people been asking de to do that for years?  It hasn't happened yet and I'm presuming it's eother intentional or beyond their capabilities at this point given the platforms they need to manage.

That said, I'd love raids to return but I'm not sure this the way to do it.  Cool concept and I love the ideas of sentient bosses on the plains, but I think this needs more work to be a viable pitch.