Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.7.3

[DE]Rebecca

That was a close one bullet damage weapons and shotgun crit mods were almost able to compare to other weapons, good save. Now I can go back to ignoring every weapon because nothing comes close to Acrid.

That sounds boring, why not just quit the game? I still don't plan on crafting any form of Kunai and def won't make the Acrid once I hit the rank. Still hasn't stopped me from winning the game.

It would be really nice to just hear some kind of further explanation for the wraith nerf. 

Nobody is going to believe that DE just didn't notice that the gun was critting a lot before they put it in the game. 

Everyone is going to assume this was some kind of knee-jerk response to the crybaby brigade.

(and really, what's the point of critmods if there are no guns they are amazing on? Right now critmods just feel like a way to punish players who are bad at math)

Son, I am disappoint. 

Example: now i can choose to either have 2 mods they give me a <40% chance to do +60% more damage (unless this also fixed my issue where crit were not increasing the damage without the crit damage mod, cause wiki say its base is +100%, or 200% crit dmg), or I put on 2 mods that both add +90% elemental damage on every shot... hm... why would I use crit again? ESPECAILLY if DE is reworking the armor scaling for the every element other than Armor pierce?

Changed Strun Wraith Crit Chance from the incorrect  50% to the correct 20%.
Why!!!!((
p.s. if Strun Wraith Crit Chance is nerfed, then add to it an armor ignoring ability for making it the first shotgun with armor ignoring -_-

Edited by crazychuvak

Don't forget it's also a rare drop mod.

DE, now that you've "Fixed" the wraith, can you go through and normalize all mods to the pistol ones? (EG: Split/hells chamber going up to 120%, crit chance addition being less rare and also going much higher, etc.)

The sidearms are shining examples of the mod system to the point they outshine primary and melee weapons against basically anything mod-wise.

Maybe i'll make a massively detailed post about it later.

as far as I know crit dmg mods are based on the crit dmg scale, so 200% > 320% crit dmg

Might I suggest bumping the crit chance up by 5%? With 25% as a base crit chance, it could achieve comparable results to Snipetron Vandal's potential 50% crit chance with a maxed out Point Strike.

47.5% crit chance with maxed Blunderbuss would be a reasonable incentive to go for a crit build of Blunderbuss and Ravage.

38% with maxed Blunderbuss is okay, but otherwise the Strun Wraith is still a Strun, and thus has the fallacies of the Strun, namely its damage type which holds it back from being a real killer.

Might I suggest bumping the crit chance up by 5%? With 25% as a base crit chance, it could achieve comparable results to Snipetron Vandal's potential 50% crit chance with a maxed out Point Strike.

47.5% crit chance with maxed Blunderbuss would be a reasonable incentive to go for a crit build of Blunderbuss and Ravage.

38% with maxed Blunderbuss is okay, but otherwise the Strun Wraith is still a Strun, and thus has the fallacies of the Strun, namely its damage type which holds it back from being a real killer.

47.5% to do 320% damage or +220% dmg, or swap out them for 2 mods that will add +90% damage each on every shot whille still having a 20% chance to do +100% damage. Hm... Which to choose?

ya even with this its still usless for it being a unique weapon...unles its 40%+ just might at well stick with old weapons. might as well not come out with any new weapons due to the fact they will just "fix" them soon after.

as far as I know crit dmg mods are based on the crit dmg scale, so 200% > 320% crit dmg

Yeah, but look at it like this:

Pistol hornet strike vs. Melee Pressure point vs. Primary serration (Melee stops at 120% But has the highest risk to use and many weapons have lower damage)

Pistol multishot cap vs. Primary multishot (Lol 90%) vs. Melee lacking a target increase mod (Which makes ST Melee weapons a massive downgrade compared to the fast AOE ones)

Overall, secondary weapons (Lookin' at you, acrid) Have the best of both worlds, they hit crazy hard and can hit very fast, they can get almost 200% Multishot chance, they can get both a huge crit chance AND damage bonus, and to cap it all off they have hard-hitting secondary mod choices in terms of armor piercing and elemental damage potential.

and that's wonderful. Now primary and melee weapons need their mods buffed to that level of awesome. THEN DE should do the weapon damage pass off those new numbers.

Again, i'll break it down in a post later, i need to eat first.

Well if you look at the numpad, 5 and 2 are next to each other so it's possible to press the wrong key if the dev has big fingers.

Still sad to see the crit chance changed... Although I expected the nerf a bit later than 2 hours after release

If only they had fingers fat enough to press both numbers a the same time

250% crit chance...*drolls*

520% yo dawg, I heard yo like crits so, we put crits in your crits, so that you can crit while you crit.

So, Strun got nerfed.

~Gee i surely hope it wasn't because it was good and not commonly accessible, unlike certain frame which is OP and commonly accessible so not many people want to nerf it.

Yeah, at least Volt isn't a starter frame anymore, otherwise people would whine and complain a lot more.

Well, it was good while it lasted...at least it's still better than the Hek, right?

50% to 20% cannot be a "typo" - it was a response to the crybaby crowd.

Sure it can. 5 is the letter just above 2 on the numpad, and it's only two numbers away from it up top. If you're typing out a whole lot of numbers when coding a weapon, it's entirely possible to make a mistake of that sort and not catch it.

People are really crying like pups about a typo being fixed ?

Seriously, you think a 50% base crit chance gun will ever be legit in this game ?

If so, then I want my braton to have a 500 bullets magazine size and start each mission with a 10k ammo stock.

The wraith is not broken anymore but it is still OP.

Sure it can. 5 is the letter just above 2 on the numpad, and it's only two numbers away from it up top. If you're typing out a whole lot of numbers when coding a weapon, it's entirely possible to make a mistake of that sort and not catch it.

I don't believe is the keypad caused the issue, DE wasn't doing 10 guns, it was just one gun stats and who wouldn't review the values before finalize? It has to be other reason.