Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.7.3

[DE]Rebecca

I don't believe is the keypad caused the issue, DE wasn't doing 10 guns, it was just one gun stats and who wouldn't review the values before finalize? It has to be other reason.

Reason being it was working just fine, shotgun haters and hek lovers nagged, DE caved like nearly every gaming company and made a decent late-game shotgun a fun little toy to only be used in very limited situations. Honestly I thought I had a decent bullet primary for late game, guess I'll just stick to my Lanka and Bronco prime...

Wow the amount of crybabies is insane.

Strun Wraith's 50% crit was overpowered. I mean seriously, it was. Add that PLUS its extremely high damage? No. Just. No.

As I stated in another thread: with shotguns (unless I'm mistaken), the crit is calculated PER PELLET. 50% chance of crit unmodded PER PELLET? ridiculous. 20% is far more balanced.

Besides, you can buff it all the way back up to about 45%. You can still make an epic crit build with this gun. Infact, you can go with multiple builds now. Either full power, or full crit.

Ugh, everyone needs to stop CRYING so damn much about every freakin' thing.

Oh, btw? I just did that Pluto Reactor alert with only a rank 13 Strun Wraith. Blaze and Accelerated Strike (no crit mods). It still critted ALOT and actually did a great job on those high level Corpus.

Stop. Crying. This shotgun is still good.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Besides, you can buff it all the way back up to about 45%. You can still make an epic crit build with this gun. Infact, you can go with multiple builds now. Either full power, or full crit.

38% actually, since Blunderbuss goes up to +90%. Still pretty high.

Yes, it's still a decent shotgun. It won't make you as comfortable against ridiculously high level enemies, but you will still do the trick. I could do T3 Defense with my Dual Broncos which didn't even have Lethal Torrent and maxed Hornet Strike back then, so I'm sure this one will hold up well. The damage fall off might be a little issue, but eh...

Still wish they buffed certain Shotgun mods though. Primaries in general need more luvin'~

Stop crying ppl. This gun may not be the "OMG I SOLO XINI WAVE 70", but is still kinda good. Specially if you like shotguns (I mean, it is way cooler than hek).
Besides, they intend to revamp the whole armor/resistance shenanigans anyway. Maybe this delicious base 190 dmg becomes that more delicious with the changes.

~stuff~ Infact, you can go with multiple builds now. Either full power, or full crit. ~stuff~

Exactually, either go full damage with all the elements, or take a hit to dps for a full crit build that is only so-so.

And as people have said, yes it is per pellet that crit is calculated, but it is also only the pellet and its damage that is affected. so only that 19 damage pellet will become 38 damage. Then we toss in that now you can only achieve a <40% chance high but not worth it if 2 other mods will gurantee +180% damage. This shotgun was originally made for Critical hitting, not its just a barrel stuffing cannon until level 80+ (and at that point you'll die pretty fast up close). But whatever, not like DE gives a flying frog if anyone has an opinion once they cave to the nerf naggers, not unless this floods with thousands of posts calling for a buff. which it wont because majority of players failed to see its potential late-game use before the nerf.

Anyways take care all until DE does something else exciting for us to use before killing it again.

What?

Obviously devs can tell the difference between 20 and 50, it sounds incredibly weird that it wasn't intended. 

When I'm testing stuff in games I make, changing a number is extremely quick and easy. For testing purposes, numbers can be wildly changed (e.g. I might make a random fidget animation fire off 100% of the time just to see it happen, or make someone have 50% chance to catch fire while I'm testing a fire weapon).

So yeah, devs can tell the difference, but it doesn't mean everything is perfect when checked into a build. This is also not really something QA would test (i.e. they just test for things that are cause crashes or otherwise told to look for specifics like if a shotgun is making sounds when you shoot it). Having a weapon that does 50% crits as a base might as well be designed to always crit. 20% is much more reasonable for a "high crit" weapon, without hitting that area of always occurring.

Exactually, either go full damage with all the elements, or take a hit to dps for a full crit build that is only so-so.

With Point Blank, Blaze, Flechette, Accelerated Blast and Hell's Chamber (like on all shotguns), going with the two elemental mods is only about 4% more DPS. If you add your favorite elemental mod, the last two slots are better used on critical mods, with about 5% more DPS.

That is not counting that critical mods will increase all your damage, including the armor piercing part, while adding elemental mods only add of those elements and are considered inferior to armor piercing.

Edited by PaleGreen

38% actually, since Blunderbuss goes up to +90%. Still pretty high.

Yes, it's still a decent shotgun. It won't make you as comfortable against ridiculously high level enemies, but you will still do the trick. I could do T3 Defense with my Dual Broncos which didn't even have Lethal Torrent and maxed Hornet Strike back then, so I'm sure this one will hold up well. The damage fall off might be a little issue, but eh...

Still wish they buffed certain Shotgun mods though. Primaries in general need more luvin'~

I do agree some shotgun mods can be buffed. As for the crit %, *shrugs* A friend told me they could probably bring it to 45%, so I guess she derped her math.

Stop crying ppl. This gun may not be the "OMG I SOLO XINI WAVE 70", but is still kinda good. Specially if you like shotguns (I mean, it is way cooler than hek).

Besides, they intend to revamp the whole armor/resistance shenanigans anyway. Maybe this delicious base 190 dmg becomes that more delicious with the changes.

Agreed.

Thanks for ruining the first shotgun that I like.

I've ranked up every single shotgun except the BOAR to 30. Strun Wraith is a pretty enjoyable shotgun. Its 20% crit chance is pretty damn awesome, especially with it being the highest base damaging shotgun in the game. 20% crit per pellet + 190 damage + high fire rate + 8 shots per clip? And just because they fixed the crit %, it's not the shotgun you like anymore? Go back to your grakata, then. Oh wait - this shotgun STILL has higher crit than those crit-based rifles. Derp.

And as people have said, yes it is per pellet that crit is calculated, but it is also only the pellet and its damage that is affected. so only that 19 damage pellet will become 38 damage. Then we toss in that now you can only achieve a <40% chance high but not worth it if 2 other mods will gurantee +180% damage. This shotgun was originally made for Critical hitting, not its just a barrel stuffing cannon until level 80+ (and at that point you'll die pretty fast up close). But whatever, not like DE gives a flying frog if anyone has an opinion once they cave to the nerf naggers, not unless this floods with thousands of posts calling for a buff. which it wont because majority of players failed to see its potential late-game use before the nerf.

Anyways take care all until DE does something else exciting for us to use before killing it again.

I'm not much of a min-maxer. Strun Wraith is still fun, still powerful, and can easily defeat Pluto level enemies without even being fully modded. Get off your high horse and go have fun with Acrid if all you want is pure OP damage.

sooooooo many whiners not happy with 20% crit chance (which is the same as the SV and Lanka). do you think DE would keep it at 50% BASE chance w/o mods? get real.

and i don't expect it to replace my end-game weapons but i'll still put work into it cuz it's FUN

Also agreed. Yeah, probably won't be used in many 100+ defense missions, but it's become my favorite shotgun for pretty much everything else.

As I stated in another thread: with shotguns (unless I'm mistaken), the crit is calculated PER PELLET. 50% chance of crit unmodded PER PELLET? ridiculous. 20% is far more balanced.

Ok, I don't have a dog in this fight, as I stopped playing a month ago and am only still checking the build notes out of curiosity, but such egregious mathematical fallacies bug me.

Why did you all-caps "PER PELLET"?  Are you under the impression that the multiple-pellet nature of the weapon is relevant to this crit discussion?  Are you thinking, perhaps, that, say, a 50% crit chance would be better on a 10-pellet shotgun than on a single-shot rifle?  It's not like a crit roll is made for each pellet, and then if any of them succeed, every pellet gets the bonus.  Only the ones that crit crit, and the ones that don't crit don't crit, unsurprisingly enough.  Which makes an X% crit chance, for any value of X, correspond to the same average damage increase regardless of the number of pellets.

Ok, I don't have a dog in this fight, as I stopped playing a month ago and am only still checking the build notes out of curiosity, but such egregious mathematical fallacies bug me.

Why did you all-caps "PER PELLET"?  Are you under the impression that the multiple-pellet nature of the weapon is relevant to this crit discussion?  Are you thinking, perhaps, that, say, a 50% crit chance would be better on a 10-pellet shotgun than on a single-shot rifle?  It's not like a crit roll is made for each pellet, and then if any of them succeed, every pellet gets the bonus.  Only the ones that crit crit, and the ones that don't crit don't crit, unsurprisingly enough.  Which makes an X% crit chance, for any value of X, correspond to the same average damage increase regardless of the number of pellets.

I capitalized PER PELLET because that's what it is? PER PELLET? I never said it was stronger than the whole shot being a crit. Don't assume such.

It does matter, it makes crits more reliable.

now that i think about it, until they make something comparable, or better than acrid, who cares. Really all we want is something that can offer a different play style but still dish out the damage acrid can. Wstrun was neat with 50% but I doubt it outshined acrid. lets all just go back to using our secondary over our primary, because that is what makes sense right DE? second comes first.

Only a brainless munchkin could have thought that 50% crit chance is a valid stat - it's just unreal. Even after fix Strun Wraith got highest base crit chance in game (alongside Lanka and Snipetron Vandal) and highest crit damage multiplier (200%). It doesn't need better stats, shotgun mods however could use a bit of a tweak.
But you know, you can just go ahead and sell event exclusive weapon with free slot and Orokin Reactor if you don't like it. And don't forget to keep complaining about restoring balance to game - that would be even more mature.

Tsk another "incorrect" value when it is most likely pointed at players who are whining about the crit rate.
Cmon this is an event shotgun. It is supposed to be better. so don't go on *@##&#036;ing about in the forums abt how OP a gun is or whatsoever.

It is really pissing people off whenever the developers release a new frame or weapon and we will see most people barking and whining saying that it is too OP when the truth is, most of them are just jealous because they are better than the weapons or frames they have. Suck it up.