Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Has Some Issues...

(PSN)thefallenloser

Hi, I'm a founder and have been playing since release. I think Warframe is still a fun game, but I agree it has some issues.

To address your points: 
- Don't focus on the grind. You will burn out. Just play the game for fun and you will get the things you need in no time. You will get frustrated if you try to rush for every item. The best time to grind is when you get a resource booster. It was easy to build one of each Zaw and Amp by farming PoE resources with a booster.

- Do Sancturary Onslaught to level up items. I actually prefer Hydron because there are no item and ability restrictions.

- I like the enemy variety, but most of them die so fast I don't have time to care. Treat the game like Dynasty Warriors, tons of weak enemies are thrown at you with a handful of very powerful ones in between. Enjoy creating a massive kill combo.

- I agree that the bosses are a bit average, they exist just to hold certain items, and aren't really a good measure of skill. Even the junction bosses can be easily beaten by using specific gimmicks, or the right weapon.

- It's harder to create new events all the time when there aren't new game modes etc being made. I would prefer they tweak the ones that exist. Orokin defense definitely needs a new tileset, because the one it shares with interception is too large. You spend a large part of each wave tracking down enemies that didn't come out of their spawn. Hydron is a good defense map (in comparison) because it is tight and fast.

- Ranking up is ok in my opinion. Your mastery is tied to the amount of weapons and frames you have mastered, it makes sense. It seems to confuse a lot of people because the level of your weapon doesn't actually have anything to do with how strong it is. Your level zero Soma might have been formaed six times and have an awesome riven mod. Another metric like gear score might be useful to recognise potential player strength at a glance, but there are lots of different builds in the game which work for different missions and enemies.

- Archwing definitely needs some work, I agree that it is too easy to collide with stuff while moving fast. The level collision boxes need to be smoothed out so that you can glide through effortlessly.

- I believe Conclave shouldn't even be in the game. If they want PVP at least give people an option to do it in the open world spaces, or give people an option to be the Stalker.

- The characters are becoming more interesting as each major update lately has built on the story. Large parts of the story are found by scanning cephalon codex items found in missions, and by reading the descriptions of certain items and weapons. This is how they developed the story before adding cinematic quests.

- Quests need to be reasonably easy because there are major gameplay elements locked behind them.

- End game is fashion frame.

3 hours ago, (PS4)nating51 said:

Which games?

Literally any mmorpg ever, games like borderlands do it with their dlcs, destiny does it too... pretty much all games where there's a progression system. I can't think of a single game that keeps the level of enemies and players the same but consistantly makes the game easier except for warframe. 

Take mmo's for example, I'll say....WoW since it's the obvious. Every expansion adds a level upgrade, new dungeons, new zones, new higher level items, stronger enemies with different mechanics etc all at a higher level than the previous expansions content. That means that while they do sell boosts to get you to the base level for this new stuff straight away, you're going to have to actually vs harder things than the previous patch. That keeps players interested, forming strategies for which teams they want to use, how to beat these new things, what stuff drops where, forcing people to actually push their characters further. 

Warframe though.. doesnt. for example.. the "arbitrations" start at level 60. by 50 minutes into a survival enemies are only around lvl 115. That's 40 levels LESS than we test gear in the simulacrum for. 15 levels higher than sorties after FIFTY MINUTES of just mindless slaughter. The content is actually starting out EASIER than sorties that we've had around for years now. And the whole "you only have one life" thing doesnt add any difficulty when you can easily negate that by just not letting enemies hit you, which the majority of frames can do.  This is your End game content here mind you.. missions EASIER than the ones we had previously

25 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

My feelings on the game echo a lot of your thoughts here. There is much room for improvement on existing content in Warframe.

I feel like the "lack of end game", in particular and like many other issues, can be traced back to the modding system. Being able to quite literally do exponentially more damage with any given weapon than it will do baseline is absolutely broken, and it causes a domino-effect of other broken stuff throughout the game - things being either too challenging or not at all, gimmicks and setups becoming more important than how you play, bosses only being difficult by virtue of invulnerability phases and unintuitive 'shoot here to get to the next stage' zones; all of these, to me, are symptoms that trace back to the game being centered around a modding system that echos Mass Effect 1's in every worst possible way.

It's worth saying that the power-gap mod system in Mass Effect was one of that game's *downsides*, and was pretty much universally criticized as far as I know.

I feel the biggest change DE could make for the health of the game is to start directly addressing mod balance and relevance. The damage system, the armor system, enemy scaling, boss design, all these other things that are commonly complained about could be solved as a matter of course, IF the underlying core problem of the mod system is faced head-on.

p.s. I quite dislike much of the attitudes of responders here on the forums. It's not as bad as some forums I've been on, but...every time I come here, I swear I can detect the smell of sulfur.

This is a good point, the game has really changed a lot over the years and a lot of the mods show their age. The damage and armour system is not good. There are too many mods like multishot and damage which are required in every build, and the goal for weapons is to either build them for status or crit. Mods like Serration and Pressure Point need to go, and more focus on element damage. The physical damage types are mostly ignored except for a few specific weapons.

There is some good build variety in the frames, but for weapons it always goes damage>multishot>elements then build for crit or status chance, and use whatever you like with the leftover mod capacity. Rivens give us something to grind for, but are annoying because they can sometimes totally suck ( a -100% damage riven? WHY)

Edited by TheMostFrench

58 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Literally any mmorpg ever, games like borderlands do it with their dlcs, destiny does it too... pretty much all games where there's a progression system. I can't think of a single game that keeps the level of enemies and players the same but consistantly makes the game easier except for warframe. 

With the two games you mentioned which i have tried, I completely disagree. First Destiny makes 2 years before getting a complete and rewarding game...after paying 140+ dollars. Borderlands also was alwayis pretty the same thing over and over again, despite the sense or progression (?) you point at (and way-way-way less interesting than wf in terms of game mechanics, if you don't consider the artistic value...). Haven't tried WoW.

WF has some critical issues in terms of endgame and balancing (true), but it is also a 5 yo game which is still evolving and growing and *fixing* with a huge playerbase. 

So, to me the statement "ANY mmorpg ever blablabla" is definitely wrong. 

Edited by (PS4)nating51

58 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Every expansion adds a level upgrade, new dungeons, new zones, new higher level items, stronger enemies with different mechanics etc all at a higher level than the previous expansions content. 

Poe, Fortuna, Railjack: new zones, new enemies, new mechanics, new activities.

How people complain about Warframe challenge/balance/difficulty is close to contrasting MH or Dark souls games with Musou games which aim at different kinds of player demography. 

These complaints are not new, they persisted long enough to prevent any deep overhaul in Warframe, some people also take it that way and don't characterize them as "chronic problems". 

You could question why there are several stupid games in play store top charts too, also explainable by demography and behaviorism. 

Le 16/10/2018 à 08:23, peterc3 a dit :

This speaks volumes.

You genuinely don't seem to enjoy the game, or at least you've done everything you want. It is OK to not play.

This is not Warframe now and I don't see that happening at any point in the future.

oh but im sure you saw railjack coming 4 years ago right?

17 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

For starters there was no forma, you had your mod slots and potatos and that was it, but skills also had to be equipped into mod slots so you were even more limited in what you could do. There was no energy pads, and energy vampire only gave energy to people actively shooting the enemy it was cast on. Nullifiers weren't a thing, neither were combas and scrambus. Corrupted mods weren't released because the void hadnt even been released yet. Weapons had a base max of around 50 damage for melee and slightly higher for primaries.

I remember those times lol. I played the game around this time for a tiny bit and stopped until The Second Dream. So weird.

So basically we didn't have the tools to lock things down completely, keep our energy topped up, or nuke everything before it was even seen, and weapons did a lot less damage so running out of ammo in extended runs was a real issue that had to be modded for. What made all this fun though was that while the ai was stupid, they also didn't have the ability to shut out your skills either so when you did get to cast the skills you had equipped with the limited energy available to you it mattered tactically since you needed to spend your energy to the best effect. It was still a hoarde shooter, but the hoarde could easily overrun you if you weren't careful. 

Since those times though with power creep and constant additions to this "power fantasy" things have just lost all that extra skill you needed to use and have just become spam whatever will kill everything fastest. Some of the additions were good, but the power creep and energy availability really removes the ability to balance enemies to be fair, since what we're fighting them with is no longer fair. 

Well for starters, how about throwing double the enemies at us? The only time I ever find myself struggling in Survivals before 2 hours is if I actively want to by using something weird (e.g. Wukong with only a regular Bo). More enemies could probably keep us on our toes.

I'm also sorry for my earlier post. A year and a half is still plenty long enough to see the flaws in this game, it just feels like many newer players here want things handed to them easily rather than having to work for them like we did by doing events, farming for those rare stance mods etc so when people get things easy it negates the effort people put in prior to it and it's rarely recognised in this game. 

No probs, I was also kind of a #$&(%. Just wanna' see the game get better! I'm actually really passionate about it, some much so that it translated into anger lol. I also understand that we should have to work for our rewards, and I would like working for that to be fun, because it is a game after all. (BTW, more like two and a half lol)