Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blood Rush & Melee 3.0

-Krism-

We know that with Melee 3.0, our combo count doesn't affect our normal attacks, so will Blood Rush still give us a crit boost or will the boost only apply when we use our heavy attacks?

& This is gonna s*ck :/ Heavy Attacks use all our combo counts, so even if Blood Rush still boosts the crit chance of normal attacks, it's still not gonna be that powerful compared to what we have now, even with that damage boost they talked about.

Now that I think about it I'm a bit worried :/

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

We know that with Melee 3.0, our combo count doesn't affect our normal attacks, so will Blood Rush still give us a crit boost or will the boost only apply when we use our heavy attacks?

We don't have any new information.

The only thing I know is what Scott once said: All your builds will still work like before...but with Melee 2.5 they removed hitting through walls...so we will have to wait

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

but with Melee 2.5 they removed hitting through walls...so we will have to wait

I guess, what made me think about that is "Oh, Paracesis is a really cool crit weapon! *melee 3.0*, welp, now it's trash :I"

No point in hand-wringing, OP. The last devblog on Melee 3.0 was months ago, and there's no telling the full scope of what's coming until they completely pull the curtain back.

That said, keep in mind that your weapons base damage in that very same devblog (or, admittedly, that may have been a devstream from around the same time) mentioned that melee weapon base damage would be starting from around what is now equal to a 3x combo multiplier, with heavy attacks more powerful than that. On top of that, the entire category of melee weapons and stances is being overhauled and rebalanced on a scale similar to what primaries, secondaries, and beams of all stripes have undergone. As for whether the improved heavy attacks will be worthwhile, eh, the jury will remain out until after it goes live and has had some time for it to be tweaked and played with.

And, again, all of that is months old with relatively little shown in the way of progress towards completion. So, deep breaths, yeah?

Edited by TheGrimCorsair
Some cleanup and additional points

With respect to losing all your combo counter in one heavy swing Naramon power spike may only chunk a heavy attack by 5 hits. 

I wanna know what's going on with this weird devil trigger thing. If this means that there is a cool down between channeling, and that channeling mods only work while devil trigger is active then that tanks stuff like life strike.

Either way we need a dev workshop on this soon. The dev build has teased things like the 30 hit 2x multiplier for Gram, and the reach mod giving a flat range bonus to charge attacks. Now we have the paracesis, which hits hard, but dumping 5 forma into a melee weapon when you have no idea how to build it by the time that we fight sentients is silly.

Been waiting to test out new zaw combos for 10 months now, since they first announced the rework. Exodia arcanes too.

9 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I guess, what made me think about that is "Oh, Paracesis is a really cool crit weapon! *melee 3.0*, welp, now it's trash :I"

I'm guessing, since they just added the thing and it's probably gonna be important, that they're going to try make sure it's not trash.

Plus, it's been ages since we've last seen it and it will be a while until we get it since they're [DE]laying it to get Fortuna out ASAP. I think they're trying to put more focus on the Devil Trigger/Spartan Rage/Umbran Climax/Super Saiyan thing they mentioned, so who knows, maybe they'll be tied to that, which would be less powerful than now, sure, but better than using it up on a heavy swing.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm guessing, since they just added the thing and it's probably gonna be important, that they're going to try make sure it's not trash.

Plus, it's been ages since we've last seen it and it will be a while until we get it since they're [DE]laying it to get Fortuna out ASAP. I think they're trying to put more focus on the Devil Trigger/Spartan Rage/Umbran Climax/Super Saiyan thing they mentioned, so who knows, maybe they'll be tied to that, which would be less powerful than now, sure, but better than using it up on a heavy swing.

Yeah, we can only wait for some devstream talking about it for now

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ChaosSabre:

the main reason why spin 2 win even exists

this is on Maiming Strikes broken interaction with Bloodrush not on Bloodrush by itself. If they would change Maiming Strike to be applied after Bloodrush we wouldn't have that broken spin2win scaling.

Melee 3.0 will hopefully require rethinking how melee weapons are built. There are a lot of changes, so I don't see a sensible reason to remain attached to any particular melee mod that was made for the current iteration of melee combat. 

EDIT: I also hope DE doesn't attempt to be the people pleaser again. I hope when designing melee 3.0, they don't care about specific mods the community is attached to (like Blood Rush), and if those have to become irrelevant to make a good melee system, DE will make them irrelevant. I know they're removing channeling, but nobody cares about it. Melee 3.0 is an ambitious project, and I hope DE doesn't sacrifice their ambition out of fear of their own community.

Edited by PopGligor

• 3 weeks later...

All I care about is the crazy scaling on memeing+blood rush

On 2018-10-16 at 11:13 PM, Darkuhn said:

this is on Maiming Strikes broken interaction with Bloodrush not on Bloodrush by itself. If they would change Maiming Strike to be applied after Bloodrush we wouldn't have that broken spin2win scaling.

Basically what this boi said

Everyone I know that does spin2win says they regret trying it in the first place (maybe as a meme thing but they still said it)

If blood rush doesn't get completely reworked my guess would be that instead of counting on combo counter it would be based on crits like berserker?

I hope we can still have our crit melee go into orange/red crits without external help, and that we'll have a reliable source of healing as well.

well if you think about their idea, which is ramp up weak attack (stack combo mult) than release strong attack on enemy/s that "may" mini nuke the map. in any case you cant state anything duo it is not avaible to us yet, so we can guess what could be. but de is de, if you use it a lot nerf it or change it, past visit/re visit of frames and wep comfirm it.

Am 16.10.2018 um 17:13 schrieb Darkuhn:

If they wouldn´t allow combo counters for fast melee, we wouldn´t have it either.

Am ‎03‎.‎11‎.‎2018 um 12:38 schrieb Kuestenjung:

If they wouldn´t allow combo counters for fast melee, we wouldn´t have it either.

Maybe, but the scaling Maiming Strike receives from Blood Rush and the Gladiator Set is what makes that mod so crazy powerful. 

If this interaction would be altered to just make any melee Weapon achieve Yellow Crits frequently the Mod would still be super useful without limiting other playstyles. 

My prefered formula for Crit Chance with Maiming Strike would be:

CC= ((Base CC *(1+Mods))*(Combo*(Blood Rush+Gladiator)))+(Static Boni[Arcane Avenger;Maiming Strike])

This would leave Static Boni useful and would change the current Meta to new builds.

But this Formula is based on the current Mods and interactions with the Combo system. So it has to be altered depending on the coming Changes with Melee 3.0.

45 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

but the scaling Maiming Strike receives from Blood Rush and the Gladiator Set is what makes that mod so crazy powerful. 

Slide crit (from Maiming Strike or Rivens) is problematic either way because it makes the crit chance on any melee weapon near meaningless.

Take the Cassowar for example, it has a 6% crit chance which should make it not viable for a crit build but with either Maiming Strike or a Slide Crit Riven it'll dish out crits left and right which will than activate Berserker and be amplified by Blood Rush to red crits after only 5 hits. If Slide Crit would work like a regular multiplier all that would be gone and the crit chance on a weapon would be meaningful again.