Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains pigments

(PSN)BattleCry1791

I get that DE wants players to spend times on the plains and on resource boosters (and I like the plains).  But some of the requirements for a shadow clan is just ridiculous.  I'm thinking about lowering the clan tier -that's how daunting this is.

The Kuka was actually ridiculously easy,

But the wisp grey - only given from dargen pilots...is horribly bad to farm.

• They don't spawn that often
  • They aren't a guaranteed drop
  • If you kill  them in the air, there's no guarantee that you can get to the body fast enough with a nekros to desecrate the body.

The tusk bombard - tower white

• They don't spawn that often
  • They aren't a guaranteed drop

Both of these only spawn in numbers in the T5 bounties, and that puts a cap on newer to mid range players ability to participate/contribute. 

As a Founding Warlord that runs a PUG/Solo Players clan - this negatively impacts us because at any time there may be only 4 or 5 of us farming this stuff...and generally it's just me.

I just saw the reqs for condroc pigements....seriously...that's just nuts.  

My biggest problem is that none of the farming frames can effectively farm flying enemies.  I've been running a Titania on the plains for a week...and it's really boring.  One of the great things about warframe is you can grind through choice...use different guns and frames to accomplish the same thing.  With pigments that drop from flying enemies, the only productive way I've found is a maxed duration Titania (especially considering the lag).  Grind doesn't have to be boring.  Right now, it is.

There needs to be a change here for the plains pigments.  Reduce count, increase the drop rate, something.  

Plains grind is bad in many regards... just like how we have to spend 4 hours running in a circle and not actually playing the game in order to collect wisps.

DE wanted us to stay there, so they put grind... what they didn't consider is that everywhere else in the game the grind is relatively seamless - it takes place while you play the game.  With plains pigments and wisps it's not the same, you hardly are focused on the experience or actively playing, instead you are rushing around to collect horrible RNG things.  This is what separates POE grind from traditional WF grind... normal grind you actually play... this you just collect... 

Seriously why are we shooting birds and running to every body of water hoping for a wisp?  It's boring, unengaging - and many players will try to defend it.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Yeah, my clan is on Wisp Gray too.  I actually had two riven challenges for killing them mid-air since starting it, and I think I only got like 35 pigments.  Sadly, I think that was a pretty good haul too.  I see this pigment being a lot like the orange pigment from a Mars only unit in that our dojo won't have it done anytime soon. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Plains grind is bad in many regards... just like how we have to spend 4 hours running in a circle and not actually playing the game in order to collect wisps.

DE wanted us to stay there, so they put grind... what they didn't consider is that everywhere else in the game the grind is relatively seamless - it takes place while you play the game.  With plains pigments and wisps it's not the same, you hardly are focused on the experience or actively playing, instead you are rushing around to collect horrible RNG things.  This is what separates POE grind from traditional WF grind... normal grind you actually play... this you just collect... 

Seriously why are we shooting birds and running to every body of water hoping for a wisp?  It's boring, unengaging - and many players will try to defend it.

wisps aren't too bad now.  You can get them from Quill Onkko.  DE does make changes that make sense...just not ember.

2 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

wisps aren't too bad now.  You can get them from Quill Onkko.  DE does make changes that make sense...just not ember.

Yeah but to get them from him you have to be Rank 5 in Quill at which point you don't even need them anymore for the most part 😕 and the cost is very high, you will find a wisp faster than you will earn 10k Quill standing 😕 

Also RIP Ember who I will literally never use again after her blatant neutering.

There is a pretty easy way to grind these pigments.

Run a max range Equinox with efficiency and use Maim. Upon entering the plains run straight forward until you get to the fork and turn right. Carry on to the edge of the lake at Norg Rock and turn right again. Near the end of the lake you turn right to head back to the entrance and repeat.

With a Resource Booster and Drop Chance Booster, you'll hit four main spawn points and a few outliers along the way. Despite common advice, Condroc spawned more frequently for me during the night hours but this also brings Vom Voms into the equation. This method also works for the Pilots as they seem to be affected by the Drop Chance Booster but they will only spawn during the day.

I would highly suggest doing the Condroc solo. I had a friend run Nekros behind me during this and with him in party, they only dropped 5 at a time. Solo, I was getting 20 per drop. Took me about 3 hours total to finish it at a Storm Level.

As for the Tusks, best bet is to organize groups who can carry the lower levels and get to grinding them bounties. Having someone with a drop chance booster, everyone with resource boosters and a Nekros will do wonders. The kavat is nice for this too, but I found it's better to run a sentinel to make sure you vacuum everything timely rather than trying to run around to find every piggy. Vauban can cut down on that but the kavats booster is unreliable anyway so sentinel, imo, is more efficient for the piggy grinds.

We just recently dropped back down to a Ghost Clan to rebuild the dojo and I plan to finish all the pigments before I start raising our tier again for this very reason lol