Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.3

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, Dobroazur said:

Mesa's Shatter Shield is now broken. When used it has no duration on the icon, and is always considered "in use" but it doesn't reduce damage taken.

Basically, it does literally nothing at all

Replicated this bug as well seen in these threads:

hace 1 hora, [DE]Megan dijo:

As mentioned in Hotfix 23.10.2, the earliest ETA on fixes for Operator cosmetic issues were designated for today, but it's taking longer than expected. The team has two plans in place to get your Operator fashion frame back into shape as quickly as possible: a revert and a more careful re-release.. This revert itself is also very involved due to the large quantity of content that was changed, so this will take a bit more time. Worry not, they’re dedicated to restore and elevate Operator Fashion Frame to its glory - we thank you for your patience! A more careful re-release that better respects seams and existing looks will come!

Thank you! That's reassuring to know.

Sooo after this recent hotfix Mesa's Shattershield does not reduce ranged damage anymore at all. Found out about this the fun way in the first seconds of a Arbitrations Intercept Match.

Tested it afterwards in the simulacrum and got confirmation that it does zilch. 1 lvl 60 Heavy Gunner is enough to tear a fully built Mesa to pieces in seconds.

Tested Garas Glassshield and that one worked.

On that Cetus note, the Mask of The Revenant quest is bugged for me, I'm an Observer with the Quills I talked to the kid and got the mask equipped and when into the plains but nothing is happening.  I read I was suppose to find like a ghost hand thing through a waypoint but I've yet to see it, anyway that can get patched or fixed?  I really don't want to pay for Revenant.

1 minute ago, TwinbladeWolfkin said:

On that Cetus note, the Mask of The Revenant quest is bugged for me, I'm an Observer with the Quills I talked to the kid and got the mask equipped and when into the plains but nothing is happening.  I read I was suppose to find like a ghost hand thing through a waypoint but I've yet to see it, anyway that can get patched or fixed?  I really don't want to pay for Revenant.

are you doing it at Night or in the day? you haveto do it at night on the plains.

il y a 25 minutes, Karu-QW a dit :

Yeeeeeaaah... sure .. "exaggerated". And also, the WHOLE screen gets covered in the energy color when you're shooting an enemy that is right in your face 🙂 That + if particle effects are toned down to the absolute minimum. So please, next time, think.

In the screenshot you provided the background is pitch black and the energy color highly saturated red. Of course it'll look bright. Use a darker and less saturated color and in 99% situations it won't "blind" you.

Also implying that people disagreeing with you aren't thinking won't make your point any more valid. And it's quite offensive.

il y a 35 minutes, Karu-QW a dit :

I'm not a 12 year old child that needs 100 million particles on the screen that are taking over 1/3 of the screen.

What does it have to do with being 12 year old?

This is a mistake, this is a great big whopping mistake that kicks newbs in the face and I am here to explain why. What am I referring to? The dragon key "feature".

Let me lay it out in plain english first and then I will make points to back up this claim. This change will absolutely demolish the corrupted mod market for making plat early on.

In this game there are 2 types of transactions. Pay to own it now, and pay to own it at all. Let me explain what I mean. Vaulted items are a good example of "pay to own it now" because vaulted items get rereleased which means a patient man/woman can own the vaulted items at lower prices or for free if they are patient enough. Riven mods are a great example of "pay to own it at all" because you may never get that perfect roll on a riven mod for the gun you want if you ever get the riven mod in the first place. Cosmetics are also more obvious examples of "pay to own it at all" because you can't really get them any other way.

Here's my first most major point. Corrupted mods are probably the most easily accessible early game farm version of "pay to own it now" and why is that? Because they are a pain in the ass to farm for. You need to be in a group of 4 people and run the whole mission which means you can't farm them by yourself, this gates them behind that magical thing called effort. Now I am always of the opinion that there are too many artificial time sinks in this game for how much there is to it in the endgame but that is a whole different topic altogether. What I don't agree with is removing this particular one because the way it used to function was a reliable means of farming for plat early on for new players so they could get forma, potatoes, etc. I know more than one player who used and abused this effort gated mod farm to their advantage to make a decent amount of plat early on through sheer hard work. Why do you think the market for corrupted mods sits at 25-35 plat reliably when all other mods eventually get regulated down to <5 plat prices? Because the corrupted mods are gated behind effort.

I have been playing this game a while and I don't really care about this change for myself because it just means I can now solo farm the stupid mods for my friends which is great but I worry about the new players to this game who are going to lose out on a reliable early game means of getting a little extra plat for themselves when the corrupted mod market crashes through the floor because now vet players who decide to dominate that market are just running speed volt on capture missions solo over and over again. I don't agree with screwing over new players, I simply don't and I really hope someone from DE reads this and seriously reconsiders this "feature"

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

As mentioned in Hotfix 23.10.2, the earliest ETA on fixes for Operator cosmetic issues were designated for today, but it's taking longer than expected. The team has two plans in place to get your Operator fashion frame back into shape as quickly as possible: a revert and a more careful re-release.. This revert itself is also very involved due to the large quantity of content that was changed, so this will take a bit more time. Worry not, they’re dedicated to restore and elevate Operator Fashion Frame to its glory - we thank you for your patience! A more careful re-release that better respects seams and existing looks will come!

So happy to see that this is going to be fixed, thank you! 

1 minute ago, Karu-QW said:

cb6cca91130ce0cf067b115393fe55ad.jpg

Yeeeeeaaah... sure .. "exaggerated". And also, the WHOLE screen gets covered in the energy color when you're shooting an enemy that is right in your face 🙂 That + if particle effects are toned down to the absolute minimum. So please, next time, think.

That looks so bad, toned and tested mine for you to see that its different in my case. 

cbtQjec.jpg

toning it some more

TleRYj2.jpg

did the war's shrunken weapon trail get fixed? lIyGl64.jpg

sratched that i check the bug or glitch has still remained since the attempted to reduce the weapon trail size of the other weapons. which i thought was apart of the upcoming build up to  melee 3.0 with one of the parts of it including extending weapon trail to match the actual weapon range after with range mods included. or have i mistaken it, or have DE decided against it for some strange reasoning because i seriously loved the new war weapon trail visuals and now the are messed with.

Thanks for the fixes!  Although... I don't see anything about the only two big glaring issues I've actually encountered.  Switching to the scanner only works about one fifth of the time, and the arbitration buffs don't work at all.

Archived