Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some ideas for more interesting Peculiar mods

AVSManfred

So as SO and ESO have been introduced, together with them was introduced the idea of Peculiar mods, mods which the only purpose is to apply cosmetic changes to the players actions, so far we  got Bloom, that plants flowers on enemies on critical hits, which is ridiculous and honestly quite goofy(personally I would feel with it like if I'm making clown of myself) and Growth making enemy body parts grow on hit, which honestly is bit of a cheater on this field as it does have decent function, allowing for easier headshots as it can make enemy heads grow on hit, so it's not just a purely cosmetic thing. And this is where the idea got dropped together with ESO not managing to gather enough popularity around itself, and mods themselves feeling more like punishment than like reward for how tedious it is to get to their rotation, and that many ppl do it for other drops, not a joke mods, But feels like they could make a comeback in Arbitration, to spice up this, for now, lackluster drop table, so I got 2 ideas so far, ideas that push the concept into direction that could work better for making them feel not only like reward but also highlight of combat skill, might come up with more later, or maybe see if others can think out something going into this direction:

Armor- so the idea is that when we equip this mod, it projects decorative armor on our Warframe, the armor gets disrupted as we receive damage into health, so to keep it in its full grace we need to avoid damage efficiently, it could spawn some problems to make armor that would compose well with every existing decorative armor we have so far in game but bet that if these could get solved, we would have a mod that would make quite some ppl learn how to avoid damage efficiently

Ribbon - so this could actually spawn entire subclass of mods, as the idea is that on installing it spawns over a shoulder of our Warframe a small bar that would spawn ribbons on specific actions (kills, kills with a headshot, kills with melee, insert anything like that and you can get so many variants of it), after space for single ribbons in row would end it would start spawning next row of ribbons attached to ends of the previous row, till it would reach specific cap at specific length making this  like an extra Syandana, but this would also have a decay effect, so to keep it full length the streak of the actions required would need to keep going, bet a lot of ppl would love to use such as display of how good they are at killing enemies or whatever make the ribbons spawn

So these are my ideas, for now, really wonder what other ideas going into this directions others might have, and maybe I'll come back with something new other time.

I’ve had an idea for a mod that was originally part of another potential Warframe. It involves killing someone with a stealth attack, and when you do, it causes such a freaky/scary noise that it causes Grineer or Corpus who witness it to have their pants fall down, and revealing embarrassing underwear/ surprising shorts. Can you guess what phrase inspired this mod?

Peculiar Strike, which makes hammer-type weapons produce honking sounds on impact, as though you are battling an army of clowns.

Peculiar Steps, which causes enemy shoes to squeak, producing a less effective, if more entertaining, counterpart to enemy radar.

Peculiar Splatter, which makes enemies burst into confetti instead of blood.

8 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I’ve had an idea for a mod that was originally part of another potential Warframe. It involves killing someone with a stealth attack, and when you do, it causes such a freaky/scary noise that it causes Grineer or Corpus who witness it to have their pants fall down, and revealing embarrassing underwear/ surprising shorts. Can you guess what phrase inspired this mod?

5 hours ago, LXSL8 said:

Peculiar Strike, which makes hammer-type weapons produce honking sounds on impact, as though you are battling an army of clowns.

Peculiar Steps, which causes enemy shoes to squeak, producing a less effective, if more entertaining, counterpart to enemy radar.

Peculiar Splatter, which makes enemies burst into confetti instead of blood.

Sounds still like mor on the Bloom Growth ridiculous side of things, try thinking of soemthing more like Armor or Ribbon decorative but encouraging to play well

Okay, then, how about Peculiar Memento, which marks the site of a stealth-killed enemy's death with a decorative plant, possibly with bonsai foliage trimmed into a leafy version of the enemy's head? Show off how many foes you can stab without being spotted and such.

interesting. kudos for not suggesting one that makes your codpiece grow for every crit.

although working form that, perhaps one that increases the size of companion for each companion kill, with a falloff timer?

need catzilla.

other thoughts. flagpole on corpses. similar to ribbon concept presented but with higher visibility beyond self, perhaps flag corresponds to method of death for target, or perhaps glyph equipped.might be weird with dissolve etc type status proc effects.