Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future implementation and small or large mechanical fixes 💙

(PSN)zxcorp1

Intro

First I would like to thank DE for their incredible work and how wonderful they have been.

We may currently be in a content drought but warframe is A game that has beat expectations time and time again.

Best of luck and wishes on the task at hand - zach 💙

Small mechanical fixes

Entry 1: resource boosters

Resource boosters currently provide a time frame that continues even when logged out

implementation of freezing said time while logged off would be more consistent with money or time put into boosters.

instance: paying for a 14 day booster only to use 10 hours of it due to time constraints.

Entry 2: "Power house"

Several warframes considered "powerful" by description are weak in comparison to others. Possibly change descriptions,

or implement an ability buff based on said abilities.(could possibly implement solely on prime frames)

instance:Almost all male warframes vs female frames are weak, with description differing in opinion.

Entry 3: No countermeasures in effect

During high level fights against 90-150 there are multiple effects such as draining energy or toxic that have no countermeasures or lack effective ones.

Changes to resistances, especially energy drain, need to be made for effective strategy game play. Recommended 100% resistance and easy craftable items for resistance.

Instance: 15, lvl 100 enemies draining energy with no solution besides mashing circle.

(note* this is ignoring ancient healer exception)

Entry 4: survival in need of faction

Currently one faction works for warframe survivability and it is new loka, with the ancient healer that provides damage reduction and other helpful buffs.

The issue is that one must be with new loka to get this and its damage reduction is the new required effect for most non-stealth warframes.

You could make eris missions provide bp, but I fear this may hint to a bigger problem at hand

Instance: playing warframe without faction new loka anymore

Entry 5: Take an arm and leg, now give me 10$

Cost of returning to a faction that was already maxed out originally. Recommendation, please fix.

Instance: changing factions

Entry 6: "slash em", sorry you rolled a two.

Damage, even when tripled by 300% on some weapons, is extremely lacking.

Instance: got a riven for pangolin sword, 128.5% slash + 120% slash + 90% slash + 150% damage = your sword broke on impact dealing 20 damage to yourself.

Entry 7: Helping others out

For those providing mainly support with other players, it might not be a bad idea to add mods like:

Damage reduction 90% slash -120% or -120% damage  

Instance: Dying constantly as a support frame

Entry 8: Why clem not god frame?

This is a joke please do not hold this against me. I hope to hear from everyone's input, DE and clem included.

Future implementation

Entry 1A: pvp game play needs to be scrapped and a new version needs to be implemented.

Warframe mini games are a good alternative short term

Long term it would be a very nice surprise to get a multiplayer pvp where you get to fight as Dax soldiers against other factions

Rewards: large amounts of credits for top players 1-5 or unique mods and cosmetics

____*Entry 2A: To be continued?*___

Okie dokie, let's break this down.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Entry 1: resource boosters

Resource boosters currently provide a time frame that continues even when logged out

implementation of freezing said time while logged off would be more consistent with money or time put into boosters.

instance: paying for a 14 day booster only to use 10 hours of it due to time constraints.

This is one of those examples where, yeah, it'd be consumer-friendly to change it, but at the end of the day, DE is a business, running a AAA-standard free to play game. It's an extremely ethical one, but ultimately something like this gets them more money from plat sales, or from regular prime access purchases where you basically never run out of booster, whilst also not really going to severely harm a user, so they're probably going to keep it as is.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Several warframes considered "powerful" by description are weak in comparison to others. Possibly change descriptions,

or implement an ability buff based on said abilities.(could possibly implement solely on prime frames)

instance:Almost all male warframes vs female frames are weak, with description differing in opinion.

I can't really agree here - almost every Warframe right now (with the exception of maybe Wukong, Nyx and Vauban, and even they have their die-hard fans), can get some serious work done. It comes down to the individual skillsets, preferences and mods of the player to unleash their full power. I love Limbo, and can work wonders with him on almost any mission type. Meanwhile, I struggle to take Rhino beyond base level performance. Meanwhile, I've got a clanmate who can't get into Limbo but can do just about anything with Rhino. So, by your claim that female frames are stronger, Gara should trump Limbo's capabilities, and for some she does, but for me, I can shatter her performance with my own, if you'll pardon the pun.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

During high level fights against 90-150 there are multiple effects such as draining energy or toxic that have no countermeasures or lack effective ones.

Changes to resistances, especially energy drain, need to be made for effective strategy game play. Recommended 100% resistance and easy craftable items for resistance.

Instance: 15, lvl 100 enemies draining energy with no solution besides mashing circle.

(note* this is ignoring ancient healer exception)

Excepting granting players 100% resistance (because, frankly, enemies are a bit weak as-is), I agree that Warframe lacks interesting counterplay in a lot of cases, and shoots itself in the foot for the few it does. Nullies, for example, have some awesome counterplay until more than one stacks on top of each other or they spawn in a location that no-one can see, then most methods to counter them fail. Better enemy design across the board would be appreciated.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Entry 4: survival in need of faction

Currently one faction works for warframe survivability and it is new loka, with the ancient healer that provides damage reduction and other helpful buffs.

The issue is that one must be with new loka to get this and its damage reduction is the new required effect for most non-stealth warframes.

You could make eris missions provide bp, but I fear this may hint to a bigger problem at hand

Instance: playing warframe without faction new loka anymore

Not quite. Arbiter's spectre is a tank due to how armour works, and draws attention away from enemies pretty well, which indirectly improves your survival. Suda's gives you some extra shields which can be refreshed pretty much instantly, which can save you in a pinch, as opposed to Loka's which pulses whenever it feels like it - convenience over potency. Plus, several syndicate weapons can help in the defense regard - Perrin Sequence produces a radiation proc pulse acting as a mini Nyx Chaos and buffs your shields, Arbiter's and Steel heal you just like Loka's does, and the rest give energy which functionally heals Quick Thinking builds. Lastly, Steel Meridian gives you some extra armour. Plus, you can acquire most Syndicate rewards through alternate means, including Healer Spectres. In that case, they're obtained through killing Loka Death Squads, who occasionally drop blueprints for them.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Entry 5: Take an arm and leg, now give me 10$

Cost of returning to a faction that was already maxed out originally. Recommendation, please fix.

Instance: changing factions

You chose to undo your grind and remove access to an aspect of resources. You need to earn them back, fair and square.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Entry 6: "slash em", sorry you rolled a two.

Damage, even when tripled by 300% on some weapons, is extremely lacking.

Instance: got a riven for pangolin sword, 128.5% slash + 120% slash + 90% slash + 150% damage = your sword broke on impact dealing 20 damage to yourself.

Instance makes no sense here. But whatever.

Some weapons have to be weaker than others. It's how looters work at the end of the day. If Skana stood amongst the likes of Gram Prime, why would you work to get a Gram Prime?

37 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

For those providing mainly support with other players, it might not be a bad idea to add mods like:

Damage reduction 90% slash -120% or -120% damage  

Instance: Dying constantly as a support frame

Many support frames offer ways to protect yourself too. For one, most heal themselves along with their allies. Past that, Trinity has two Damage Reduction options, Oberon can buff his Armour and Harrow has a potent CC option. Most supports can stand on their own and not die if you know what you're doing.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Entry 8: Why clem not god frame?

This is a joke please do not hold this against me. I hope to hear from everyone's input, DE and clem included.

*Holds against you*

39 minutes ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Entry 1A: pvp game play needs to be scrapped and a new version needs to be implemented.

Warframe mini games are a good alternative short term

Long term it would be a very nice surprise to get a multiplayer pvp where you get to fight as Dax soldiers against other factions

Rewards: large amounts of credits for top players 1-5 or unique mods and cosmetics

Conclave right now is not in a state where it 'needs' to be scrapped. It has a consistent playerbase and isn't riddled with bugs like Raids were, and neither does it hide exclusive stat-boosting content behind those bugs. I would appreciate more though - 'Dax Simulations' that have you take the role of Dax that don't have the advanced movement options and maybe rebalanced ability combinations would be a welcome addition as a more traditional game mode. Also, whilst Credits aren't rewarded from these missions, unique Cosmetics already are a Conclave thing. Conclave skins, the Riv armour sets (Excluding the Elite set) and the Celestia Syandana are all unique to Conclave.

23 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Okie dokie, let's break this down.

This is one of those examples where, yeah, it'd be consumer-friendly to change it, but at the end of the day, DE is a business, running a AAA-standard free to play game. It's an extremely ethical one, but ultimately something like this gets them more money from plat sales, or from regular prime access purchases where you basically never run out of booster, whilst also not really going to severely harm a user, so they're probably going to keep it as is.

I can't really agree here - almost every Warframe right now (with the exception of maybe Wukong, Nyx and Vauban, and even they have their die-hard fans), can get some serious work done. It comes down to the individual skillsets, preferences and mods of the player to unleash their full power. I love Limbo, and can work wonders with him on almost any mission type. Meanwhile, I struggle to take Rhino beyond base level performance. Meanwhile, I've got a clanmate who can't get into Limbo but can do just about anything with Rhino. So, by your claim that female frames are stronger, Gara should trump Limbo's capabilities, and for some she does, but for me, I can shatter her performance with my own, if you'll pardon the pun.

Excepting granting players 100% resistance (because, frankly, enemies are a bit weak as-is), I agree that Warframe lacks interesting counterplay in a lot of cases, and shoots itself in the foot for the few it does. Nullies, for example, have some awesome counterplay until more than one stacks on top of each other or they spawn in a location that no-one can see, then most methods to counter them fail. Better enemy design across the board would be appreciated.

Not quite. Arbiter's spectre is a tank due to how armour works, and draws attention away from enemies pretty well, which indirectly improves your survival. Suda's gives you some extra shields which can be refreshed pretty much instantly, which can save you in a pinch, as opposed to Loka's which pulses whenever it feels like it - convenience over potency. Plus, several syndicate weapons can help in the defense regard - Perrin Sequence produces a radiation proc pulse acting as a mini Nyx Chaos and buffs your shields, Arbiter's and Steel heal you just like Loka's does, and the rest give energy which functionally heals Quick Thinking builds. Lastly, Steel Meridian gives you some extra armour. Plus, you can acquire most Syndicate rewards through alternate means, including Healer Spectres. In that case, they're obtained through killing Loka Death Squads, who occasionally drop blueprints for them.

You chose to undo your grind and remove access to an aspect of resources. You need to earn them back, fair and square.

Instance makes no sense here. But whatever.

Some weapons have to be weaker than others. It's how looters work at the end of the day. If Skana stood amongst the likes of Gram Prime, why would you work to get a Gram Prime?

Many support frames offer ways to protect yourself too. For one, most heal themselves along with their allies. Past that, Trinity has two Damage Reduction options, Oberon can buff his Armour and Harrow has a potent CC option. Most supports can stand on their own and not die if you know what you're doing.

*Holds against you*

Conclave right now is not in a state where it 'needs' to be scrapped. It has a consistent playerbase and isn't riddled with bugs like Raids were, and neither does it hide exclusive stat-boosting content behind those bugs. I would appreciate more though - 'Dax Simulations' that have you take the role of Dax that don't have the advanced movement options and maybe rebalanced ability combinations would be a welcome addition as a more traditional game mode. Also, whilst Credits aren't rewarded from these missions, unique Cosmetics already are a Conclave thing. Conclave skins, the Riv armour sets (Excluding the Elite set) and the Celestia Syandana are all unique to Conclave.

Entry 1: I agree it can be a good way to make money. I just see other f2p games that don't implement the constant drain and still keeping up. (a lot of ppl buy cosmetics or orokin catalysts/reactors)

Entry 2: To be fair, anyone can basically beast a warframe, especially at lvl 50 and below, however, many of the female warframes are strong at the start and only get stronger. They dont need as much skill compared to most male warframes, and they still outmatch warframes titled as power houses by description.

Entry 3: 100% resistance was definitely out there on my part, I was thinking more on mods and what would make it worth swapping out any others good mods for. Then again idk if it even needs to be mod orientated.

Entry 4: Im more or less coming from a high lvl perspective. at lvl 140 or 240 in survival you have to have ancient healer, using a corrupted spector will get you killed faster than you can breathe in most cases. Otherwise in lvl 50-100 you really can do whatever you want since the scaling is easy on those lvls.

Entry 5: The game encourages working with all factions, including opposite ones for mastery rank, building of weapons, warframe abilities, and archwing. I wouldn't be upset if the grind back wasn't literally behind a plat paywall in a free to play game (ex: needing orokin catalyst and reactor).

Entry 6: why does a riven mod for them even exist if they cant get past that lvl barrier anyways? Also its a reference to rpg type elements since mods are basically enchantments and rivens are enhancements. Having a lvl 10 sword with 300% the power should not in essence be out done by a basic lvl 11 sword, otherwise again, its all but useless to even have such features exist.

Entry 7: again at high lvls pro harrow players and oberon veterans die constantly, plus I only mean it for supports that need it, trinity could have a leg missing and no arms and still be beast.

Entry 8: That's fair

Entry 1A: most the time im on I cant even find people on conclave or players who enjoy it though : /, most veterans I've talked with don't like it either as the rewards are really not worth it. It would be nice to see a more solid and rewarding system, and you hit my dax idea on the head exactly. Though it might also just be nice to see better rewards and credits for players if they do invest time into conclave.

Now im not gung ho for every solution I proposed, but I love the game as a whole, which is why I would like to see it get better and reach its 5+ years of gameplay. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)zxcorp1 said:

Entry 1: I agree it can be a good way to make money. I just see other f2p games that don't implement the constant drain and still keeping up. (a lot of ppl buy cosmetics or orokin catalysts/reactors)

Well, how many of those f2p games were AAA Indie MMO's? DE's making possibly one of the most expensive game types imaginable (MMO, at AAA scale) and are doing it without a publisher, meaning they have to make all the money they spend to develop it before they can start talking about the money they keep to live their own lives. Honestly, it's a miracle Warframe's as fair as it is.

Entry 2: To be fair, anyone can basically beast a warframe, especially at lvl 50 and below, however, many of the female warframes are strong at the start and only get stronger. They dont need as much skill compared to most male warframes, and they still outmatch warframes titled as power houses by description.

At the end of the day, isn't every Warframe described as a powerhouse in some capacity, including the female frames? Either way, to my knowledge, most of them take similar amounts of skill to master and are similarly powerful. Saryn has good DPS abilities, but requires constant upkeep of them. Volt just needs the right build and to spam his 4 key. Inaros and Nidus are functionally the best tanks in the game, far outstripping Valkyr's abilities. Nova has good CC, but Limbo is basically the god of that category. I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but are you sure you're not letting personal biases get in the way?

Entry 3: 100% resistance was definitely out there on my part, I was thinking more on mods and what would make it worth swapping out any others good mods for. Then again idk if it even needs to be mod orientated.

IMO, counterplay should be brought in on the enemy level. They've barely been touched since the game was launched. This forum doesn't even have enemy feedback...

Entry 4: Im more or less coming from a high lvl perspective. at lvl 140 or 240 in survival you have to have ancient healer, using a corrupted spector will get you killed faster than you can breathe in most cases. Otherwise in lvl 50-100 you really can do whatever you want since the scaling is easy on those lvls.

I disagree with the scaling being easy at level 100 (50, yeah, that's still easy.), with the exception of the 'meta' items like Amprex and Ignis. If you compare their behaviour with the standard, you'll find them significantly above the power curve. Ignis Wraith, for example, doesn't even need a full build to 1-clip some 16 or so level 110 bombards, and it has 30 metres of range to do it. Compare that with, say, the Gram Prime (people's whipping boy of power creep) and you'll find that it's nowhere near that effective since you need to be in melee range to actually deploy that power, putting yourself at significant risk with several frames when you're at the level 100 range. Or Tiberon Prime, which is in the same situation, which can only hit one enemy at a time, leaving the rest to kill you. To that end, I'd say that survivability at level 100-ish is honestly all that should be taken into account as 'high level', since that seems to be what DE is balancing around, and they're just leaving weapons like Ignis Wraith at a point waaay beyond the power curve.

Entry 5: The game encourages working with all factions, including opposite ones for mastery rank, building of weapons, warframe abilities, and archwing. I wouldn't be upset if the grind back wasn't literally behind a plat paywall in a free to play game (ex: needing orokin catalyst and reactor).

Well then, you're in luck, because that's how it works. Once you've made a sacrifice, if you drop to a lower rank, it's purely standing. From the wiki:

"Demotion can occur when standing goes below the minimum value for the current rank. This can be caused by aiding an opposed or enemy syndicate. Since Update 16, Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one. Players will only need to make one sacrifice when moving between tiers. "

Entry 6: why does a riven mod for them even exist if they cant get past that lvl barrier anyways? Also its a reference to rpg type elements since mods are basically enchantments and rivens are enhancements. Having a lvl 10 sword with 300% the power should not in essence be out done by a basic lvl 11 sword, otherwise again, its all but useless to even have such features exist.

Rivens are broken, yes. A lot of people are well aware of this by now.  But even in most RPG's, even enchanting the living hell out of your starting gear isn't going to make it better than the gear that drops from the secret dungeon with the superboss.

Entry 7: again at high lvls pro harrow players and oberon veterans die constantly, plus I only mean it for supports that need it, trinity could have a leg missing and no arms and still be beast.

So you were asking for Harrow specifically to be buffed? Because Harrow, Trinity and Oberon are the frames traditionally recognised as the main 'support' options in Warframe, with a sprinkling of other frames. Oberon has good defences too since he has good self-heal and armour buffing, and you've recognised Trinity is capable of defending herself very well, that only really leaves Harrow. And, to that, consider Harrows role. He's a support that double-dips into a bit of DPS as well. Both of which are traditionally squishy.

Entry 8: That's fair

Seems we agree then:tongue:

Entry 1A: most the time im on I cant even find people on conclave or players who enjoy it though : /, most veterans I've talked with don't like it either as the rewards are really not worth it. It would be nice to see a more solid and rewarding system, and you hit my dax idea on the head exactly. Though it might also just be nice to see better rewards and credits for players if they do invest time into conclave.

Yeah, the Rewards aren't great. Problem is, if the Conclave team tries to improve them, the rest of the playerbase will complain that it's behind conclave... Rock and a hard place situation.