Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and Trypophobia ( PINK CYST)

OGBlake

I'm sure im not the only one to make this connection but i dont think I've seen it on another forum post but I like many DESPISE the pink cyst. It makes my stomach crawl and want to vomit, making me actually sick, and i dont mean a slight feeling I mean actually inducing a physiological response like dry heaving, which for me is similar to Trypophobia or fear of holes .Whether you believe me doesn't change the fact that it makes it almost to PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to play a frame i just spent weeks farming. I know that some people like it but not being able to do anything at all despite multiple forums dedicated and asking for any type of solution just seems dumb. I literally have stopped playing warframe for months after getting a frame infected because i hate playing knowing that my other frames has that on its neck. On top of that it feels so punishing for building new frames because you know they're going to get infected and you know you're going to have to quit the game for a week. All im asking is for any type of assistance, and instant craft-able cure, a vaccine, a landing craft segment, or even a mod / arcane, i would rather make all my frames weaker and playable then making me sick PLEASE make the game playable for your players. You dont gain anything by not having a preventative or cure for this cyst but I would pay 100 plat per frame to not have it on them so just help your player base out a little.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OGBlake said:

I'm sure im not the only one to make this connection but i dont think I've seen it on another forum post but I like many DESPISE the pink cyst. It makes my stomach crawl and want to vomit, making me actually sick, and i dont mean a slight feeling I mean actually inducing a physiological response like dry heaving, which for me is similar to Trypophobia or fear of holes .Whether you believe me doesn't change the fact that it makes it almost to PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to play a frame i just spent weeks farming. I know that some people like it but not being able to do anything at all despite multiple forums dedicated and asking for any type of solution just seems dumb. I literally have stopped playing warframe for months after getting a frame infected because i hate playing knowing that my other frames has that on its neck. On top of that it feels so punishing for building new frames because you know they're going to get infected and you know you're going to have to quit the game for a week. All im asking is for any type of assistance, and instant craft-able cure, a vaccine, a landing craft segment, or even a mod / arcane, i would rather make all my frames weaker and playable then making me sick PLEASE make the game playable for your players. You dont gain anything by not having a preventative or cure for this cyst but I would pay 100 plat per frame to not have it on them so just help your player base out a little.

So you're happy to play a game involving you slaughtering hundreds of enemies in various gruesome ways...

...but you're upset over a little thing growing on your warframes...which you can quickly and easily REMOVE after a short period of time.

I-Laugh-At-You-And-so-Does-My-Camel-Funn

7 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

So you're happy to play a game involving you slaughtering hundreds of enemies in various gruesome ways...

...but you're upset over a little thing growing on your warframes...which you can quickly and easily REMOVE after a short period of time.

killing computer generated shapes doesn't make me physically ill and having to wait a week for playing the game as they intended is dumb but clearly you're just ignorant because you didn't get the point of the post which is only highlighted by your response but okay

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pyromaniaque said:

You make me recall of the guy who wanted to have a button to remove a very specific Vay Hek line because he said it was harrassment.

interpreting words as harassment and forcing a physical response every time they see something are 2 completely different things. Specially when its not like i can do another mission and not hear the "harassment" every action I could do with that frame is now accompanied by the cyst. Finally adding a system to either prevent, cure or change the way infections works only change the game for all the people bothered by it, everyone else is left to play the game normally. 

• Like 1

I will say I wish we could remove it earlier. It looks gnarly and you only ever need one (for a Charger), yet all of your frames can get it once. But hey, at least once you remove it once, it's gone from that frame for good... though I seem to recall Nidus can reinfect himself if he wants.

idk, Helminth needs more work as a whole, anyways.

Like, why is there a capsule bed in its room? What are the fish in the pond? Exactly what is Helminth, anyways?
What was the original purpose of the nightmare dentist chair?
And why can only Nidus and a mature infection open the door, even after Ordis knows we know about it?

I could see dropping the infection time or allowing earlier inoculation (maybe even preventative?) as part of an overhaul/update of some of the Helminth stuff.

Isn't trypophobia specifically about patterns and clusters?

To me it seems like you're just very sensitive towards "body horror". If you find the cyst that bad, I recommend not to take a close look on any of the Infested.

If this bothers that much then don't play the game. The devs are not going to let you remove random things like this that are honestly trivial. Vey Hek is always going to be a loudmouth, and you will always have that cyst on your warframes until its time to remove it. I don't know what the problem is, it doesn't come back after you get rid of it.

On 2018-10-16 at 7:12 PM, OGBlake said:

interpreting words as harassment and forcing a physical response every time they see something are 2 completely different things. Specially when its not like i can do another mission and not hear the "harassment" every action I could do with that frame is now accompanied by the cyst. Finally adding a system to either prevent, cure or change the way infections works only change the game for all the people bothered by it, everyone else is left to play the game normally. 

If you can feel "harassed" by the dialogue of a videogame character then you really ought to take up a different hobby. What on Earth do you do if / when someone gets mouthy at you IRL? Sit in a corner and cry?

On 2018-10-16 at 9:52 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

Aww.. don't say that to him... The guy feels sick over seeing it. He can't help himself. Its like how some people just get really really afraid of spiders.

And according to him you have to wait a whole week before you can remove it.

• Like 2

On 2018-10-18 at 5:45 AM, FlusteredFerret said:

If you can feel "harassed" by the dialogue of a videogame character then you really ought to take up a different hobby. What on Earth do you do if / when someone gets mouthy at you IRL? Sit in a corner and cry?

I didn't say i did ever, but if you read the post you would realize that i was responding to someones comparison of the 2 things, in which i only specified differences. This is only exemplified by the fact that i put harassment in quotes to show that i dont feel that way but im sorry you didn't think . . . .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crystalwaltz said:

Aww.. don't say that to him... The guy feels sick over seeing it. He can't help himself. Its like how some people just get really really afraid of spiders.

And according to him you have to wait a whole week before you can remove it.

Edited by OGBlake
I was wrong about intent

13 minutes ago, OGBlake said:

Awwww you criticize my annoyance at waiting a week for no reason after putting in time and effort for a specific thing while you spend your time posting . . . . that, on a 3 day old forums. And side not its not "according to him you have to wait a whole week" that's the time you have to wait, its a week 

They didn't criticise you. The person they responded to did. And it's a new account chances are high that they don't know who's right yet. 

Oh and, just so you know, even when there's no pink blob, they are all still infested. 

On 2018-10-16 at 1:52 PM, Eirshy said:

I will say I wish we could remove it earlier. It looks gnarly and you only ever need one (for a Charger), yet all of your frames can get it once. But hey, at least once you remove it once, it's gone from that frame for good... though I seem to recall Nidus can reinfect himself if he wants.

idk, Helminth needs more work as a whole, anyways.

Like, why is there a capsule bed in its room? What are the fish in the pond? Exactly what is Helminth, anyways?
What was the original purpose of the nightmare dentist chair?
And why can only Nidus and a mature infection open the door, even after Ordis knows we know about it?

I could see dropping the infection time or allowing earlier inoculation (maybe even preventative?) as part of an overhaul/update of some of the Helminth stuff.

It's not like The Sacrifice answered literally everything you asked about Helminth and the room, as well as their importance to the Tenno.

The fish were there as a teaser/easter egg/ambience, since they're all fish that can be caught on the Plains.

Also Helminth wants his privacy, gosh.

@OGBlake

Why does just the blob make you disgusted, but the gore and Infested in general (as well as all the environmental Infestation) don't bother you? What kind of Twilight Zone kind of phobia is that?

Like yeah, I get that it looks bad, but once your frame has it removed, it will never come back.

You could also just play nothing but Solo, where you won't get the infection.

11 hours ago, Axio. said:

It's not like The Sacrifice answered literally everything you asked about Helminth and the room, as well as their importance to the Tenno.

The fish were there as a teaser/easter egg/ambience, since they're all fish that can be caught on the Plains.

@OGBlake

Why does just the blob make you disgusted, but the gore and Infested in general (as well as all the environmental Infestation) don't bother you? What kind of Twilight Zone kind of phobia is that?

Like yeah, I get that it looks bad, but once your frame has it removed, it will never come back.

You could also just play nothing but Solo, where you won't get the infection.

That's part of the reason of the comparison to Trypophobia its not like that fear is common but for some reason it incites a biological response, and from what I've seen im not the only one who feels this way, and my point is why should i not have to play the game the way it was intended ( with others ) so I can avoid a useless feature, im not saying the infection is but the method of implementation.

• Like 1

Isn't tripophobia is a fear of "unnatural" holes in organic environments or whatever?

That cyst doesn't even have any holes. Just a tail. The only annoying part about it is that it doesn't copy your warframe's colors.

And seriously: thicker skin required ahead.

2 hours ago, OGBlake said:

That's part of the reason of the comparison to Trypophobia its not like that fear is common but for some reason it incites a biological response, and from what I've seen im not the only one who feels this way, and my point is why should i not have to play the game the way it was intended ( with others ) so I can avoid a useless feature, im not saying the infection is but the method of implementation.

You seem to be mistaken about the nature of a phobia. A phobia is an uncontrollable, baseless fear, not disgust. Yeah, some games have disgusting aspects to them. Like look at Path of Exile, where one map is literally a giant pool of blood filled with writhing people who have had all their limbs cut off as they struggle to remain on the surface. That's kind of gross and horrifying, but I played through it anyways.

I think you just need to get over it, honestly. Desensitize yourself by forcing yourself to stare. That kind of shortcoming isn't natural, and 100% isn't helpful.

So you have no issue with the infested, the mutilation of enemy corpses or I assume likely the helminth charger and Nidus because they're computer generated. Then you say looking at that computer generated cyst grow on your warframe makes you physically ill?

On 2018-10-19 at 8:45 PM, Axio. said:

The Sacrifice answered only his purpose. I didn't ask why helminth, I asked what is helminth. Is he some form of hive mind projection, or does he have a physical form? Did he rise to the role like Ordis and Excalibruh? The why's I had were for features in the room. The bed (which isn't interactable atm) and the chair (which currently is used for both creating Patient Zero of, and curing Space Herpes; neither of which are likely the original purpose). So no, The Sacrifice answered none of my questions ya dingus. Hell, the only lore thing Sac really did (beyond thicken the plot) was confirm we'd all been following the breadcrumbs correctly (re: "helminth-strain technocyte", etc). About the only unpredicted thing (related to Warframes) is how we tamed the beast. And that's more because rainbow-puking is usually seen as childish, even when it makes sense, than due to a lack of vision.

I'm gonna have to look at the fish in Helminth's room when I get the chance, 'cause iirc, no they're not ones on the Plains. Yes they add to the ambiance, but what purpose do they serve, and why can't I get those in my aquarium without having to go catch more?

The initial idea for why the door was closed was that Ordis was embarrassed by it and doesn't like Helminth. Thus he only opens the door if you would have "reason" to go in there: either you're Nidus or need your Space Herpes cured. I guess it could still be a quirk of Ordis and the fact that there's nothing else in the room other than the space herpes char (atm, anyways). A later quest might change that.

Edited by Eirshy

This thread is... ridiculous. Almost to the point of the classic “first world problems” meme. It’s so silly... lol. I’m shaking my head and I’m literally afraid for the future of the human race I’m actually sick to my stomach and I think I’ll have to take a sick day from work. Thanks OP for making me lose a day of work.