Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Live Action movie or show

(PSN)LuckMastaTS

Same with any other fan of any other game.

Movies and show deals based on games have historically rarely gone well. The Halo movie with a much larger broad fan base cant get off the ground for years, Its netflix? show is still due to start filming. And its a franchise that been built since 01. Warcraft took 20 years to get a movie and while ok, got lukewarm reviews and didn't even quite break even in cost. Final Fantasy had that CGI film... yeah... not much to say on that one. DOOM? *psst* it wasn't doom.

All these IPs are far more popular and still failed or are dealing with various levels of failure.

Edited by Firetempest

I think it'd be hard to #*!% up a Warframe movie of any kind if it just adheres to the core values of the game. Just put the devs in charge too, some of the cinematic quests have been well, very cinematic. 

Couple of rules: No talking Warframes, no romancing Warframes, in fact no humanizing Warframes beyond what we see in the game and the fairly cool comics. Warframe could ironically be one of the best modern "silent" movies in existence if done with a proper artistic vision.

2 hours ago, (PS4)LuckMastaTS said:

Just imagine if DE did a warframe movie or show just like they are doing with the comics I wish I could tell DE but let's be real they wouldn't take me seriously 

Movie no

But tv series about fall of orokin empire maybe

I'm not sure if a movie can do Warframe justice, despite the small amount of actual cinematic quests, the lore in this game is actually quite big. We'd need a few episodes to set the story right otherwise we get another Warcraft where non-fans had no idea what they were watching.

I think if DE produces and  Directed it that it would be one of the best things out even better then a lot of the anime out there and I feel like it could be like a player 1 feel but with out the oasis part and the lore would make for am amazing mini sierse before the actual show if ever made would come out kinda get people interested iv seen some ok warframe live action (not at all live action) trailers and I got to say i really liked them 

If a movie or a tv show were to be made, it'd be like Halo: Forward Unto Dawn, with our protagonist(s) being part of a rebellion or freedom fighters other than the Tenno, and fighting against Grineer oppression.

In fact, we already have examples of these in the game, as the syndicates like Steel Meridian or Perrin Sequence, or as colonists/defectors, like the people of Cetus or the Kavor.

The Tenno would be featured, definitely, but as these mysterious and silent figures that fight to protect the innocent, but keep to themselves. Like in the comics, if you've read them.

If the story were to be focused solely around the Tenno, then we need to have a central character, not our avatar in-game. It's funny, as I typed this, I remembered we already have someone.

Rell.

Rell would be dope as the main or better yet I think a good story would be how DeX became umbra like from his childhood to the his "death bed" or from the point of view of his son he ends up killing and how he admired his dad in tell the end that's just a few ideas I have I have so many I think I might start writing a screen play to send to DE 

no I haven't read the comics not yet but I play the game every day no matter what I'm only MR 17 still got a long way to go lol 

3 hours ago, Hirsutene said:

I Would really enjoy a show about red text spawning into existence the universe resetting and Lotus telling the hero 4000 times about the same extractor.

Not to mention Ordis' corny dialogue...over and over...

I personally don't mind, but I think that might kill any movie stone dead.

Actually, the main reason we couldn't have a Warframe movie is because there is no ending to the story yet.

We have a beginning...the Orokin mission to colonise the Origin system and the Zariman incident. The Sentient terraforming machines going rogue and attempting to wipe out all life. Natah defying her parents, saving the children & hiding them on the moon. The creation of the first warframes and the downfall of the Orokin Empire?

We have a middle part, where we find out about the Operators and their back story...The Second Dream and The War Within. Maybe include bits of Natah & Chains of Harrow?

But we still don't have much of an idea where the story is going after that. Once we do, there would probably be enough material for a trilogy.

It certainly wouldn't have to be a silent movie. There would be plenty of dialogue at the start. Then there would still be characters including Lotus, Teshin, the enemy bosses, the people of Cetus, the Grineer Queens, Rell, Hunhow, Ballas...maybe others I don't yet know about...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Possible way to go for a movie?

It opens with silence and a small whisper growing in total darkness. There are flickers of light as we hear speaking- the word is "Tenno?" Asked over and over again ... and walking feet. Someone is saying something but it is hard to make out. Finally, the images start coming in and we are looking at a ground where these giant metal feet are standing close to the camera. We hear the person seeing this utter "What tha....." before the camera pulls back revealing the pod room where Vor first gets us out and attached the Ascari.

From this point forward, the movie shows how the Warframe is doing things in this world but we get the inner monologue of a person stuck inside talking. They are trying to figure out what happened, what they last recall, and how they are in this Frame. Sometimes it is third person, other times it is full movie aspect of action, transversing areas, and story mode.

Hmmm...I may look into writing this now....

I'm not sure about live-action, since the crazy stuff we do wouldn't translate that well. But an animated movie (Anime springs to mind for obvious reasons) about the Old War or about some Tenno who aren't the 'main protagonist' would be interesting. Doubly so if we saw events that happened around our events in the Cinematics. Imagine seeing a Second Dream arc where a great Tenno army gathers to save their operators, or a War Within arc where we follow a Tenno cell searching for the Kuva Fortress sent by Lotus before receiving a transmission from Ordis, and planting a tracking beacon (hence why we can track it from then on.)

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

TV? movie? Netflix series? no, there's only one answer.

warframe as an Anime. I mean, we are space Ninjas, that's pretty Japanese. granted, not everyone's a weeb, but I just think warframe's artistic style might be better represented in animation as opposed to live action. 

I could certainly go with that. OTOH I think live action could work well too, with the warframe scenes done as CGI...similar to how the Transformers movies (another Japanese concept) were done.

5 hours ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

They didnt even do prime trailers anymore.

Hydroxide Prime trailer just about done.  Since before July.  Lol

They said they were waiting on lore to progress, but that lore may have changed and contradict what they made?