Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a reliable way to farm Ayatan stars

atejas

It's really great that Arbitrations added a way to farm endo and ayatan sculptures in bulk, but now I am really feeling the shortage of Ayatan stars (amber stars in particular). If there were a way to reliably farm these as well then the endo economy would be pretty much complete.

My suggestions:

- Arbiters NPC that sells the other Vitus rewards also sells cyan and amber stars (bundles of 2 for 1 and 2 essence respectively)

-Maroo's weekly mission gets replaced with a mission to recover a cache of 10 amber stars and 15 cyan stars each week

-Enemies in arbitration have an enhanced chance to drop stars

In addition, now that there's a reliable way of farming endo, please consider changing the sortie rewards -- removing the 4k endo reward and either increasing the rate of drops for rivens, or adding another reward (like 2x radiant eidolon shards possibly)

I wouldn't touch maroo because the treasures there are to help low to mid game players who haven't completed the star chart. Likewise with the sorties except the people doing those should be starting to finish out the star chart. I like your idea of adding it to monster drops in arbitration, but honestly I don't see them adding it as a bundle. Drops though 💯 agree.

Consider, that if your sculptures are so plentiful now

then perhaps simply selling them to Maroo Incomplete,

will still be making more endo than you had been previously?

-still a win

On a related note: I'm on PS4, so no Chimera for me yet. and I've always had more stars than sculptures. So I just sell Stars alone to Maroo. (something I doubt is very common practice) Way I see it is, they're sitting there going to waste with no sculptures to plug into, best to get some endo from them. The Above suggestion is the flipside to this approach.

Am I reading this right?

You have done all the Nodes but now, you want a dedicated way to get A Stars since you are getting Sculptures in the new Alerts? 

There are 277 nodes that drop them just by opening containers and lockers. That is 277 different places to go and get them at. Not including Clem missions, Syndicate missions, Maroo grabs, and doing quests again. Okay....I fudged a bit- they do not drop in Rathuum or Index...

If all this time you have been rushing through missions to get the reward while pulling that lone guy out who is checking for locker treasure, might be time to revisit those stages and start being a kid on Christmas morning- open all the things!!!

I get stars almost each run I do solo or Pug...even when snatched out with a 2 minute time complete for the run. With Capture now stopping enemies spawn after catch (2minutes and no more), check the lockers and containers. Especially on Jupiter. 

The intention of stars (and sculptures) was to give people a reason to actually explore maps and break boxes open again, because not many people were bothering to do so any more. I feel like a dedicated stars source would just sort of pull the rug out on that idea.

...that being said, I definitely wouldn't object to the drop ratio of cyan vs amber being adjusted.

2 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

...that being said, I definitely wouldn't object to the drop ratio of cyan vs amber being adjusted.

tbh that alone would be enough. I have over 200 cyan stars and no ambers left, and I'm lucky to get 3-4 amber stars a day.

Your playstyle and preferred mission choices heavily affect your likelihood of getting stars (and hidden Ayatan statues).

Rushers get very little, they skip containers/lockers and even enemies to get to objective then to extraction.
Power-levelers who only hang out in Interception/Defense for the most of their playtime, get almost nothing. Those small maps are awful for stars with their limited containers.

If you play Warframe in a diverse style and access all its missions on a regular basis AND take the time to learn how to quickly search lockers/crates without slowing down, stars will be a very frequent drop. 

Also, destroy all explosive barrels you see, they open all nearby containers automatically.  A row of lockers can be rubbed up against diagonally while you spam the Use key to open them all up in 1 second. 

When doing survivals, since you're not going anywhere for the first 10 minutes, might as well take that time destroying all containers and opening all lockers of the map (life supports drop from them too). No need to chase enemies or camp in a room, they will come to you anyway.

Syndicate missions - you're going to be looking in every corner of the map for medallions, use that time to just open every containers/lockers.

This is how I've been playing WF for years and ... it works.

wKJM3Ks.png

• 1 month later...

I play a lot in solo mode, so I have time to go through every container in a mission. As a result, I have no problems filling every sculpture I find, and even have enough to sell for my own endo needs.

I have a lot of sculptures for sale, btw, though not as many as Mystman there. That's ah... that's a lot of sculptures.

On 2018-10-16 at 12:31 PM, MystMan said:

Syndicate missions - you're going to be looking in every corner of the map for medallions, use that time to just open every containers/lockers.

Yup. Bring a beam weapon (or box breaking companion), equip thief, and run stealth or tank frame burn all boxes. Pick medalion and the odd sculpture. I usually haul several stars a run.

Medialons are worth the time for relic packs.