Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Audio Glitch on Neptune missions (so far only on them)

OldTricksterNik

While traversing the levels on Neptune, I noticed that some locations start producing a constant stream of glitched garbled sound. The weird thing is, even if you stand still and there are no visible enemies, the sound still keeps going. Weirder still, if you go further until the glitchy sound disappears and then come back to the location where you previously heard it, sometimes the garbled sound will not reappear. 

Edited by Awkwarden

UPDATE: Doesn't look like it's connected to any specific enemy type, since both infested invasion and normal corpus missions produce similar sound glitches.

The sound is affected by Sound Effects Volume Slider only (as in, if you set it to 0, sound disappears), while music, voice and transmissions sound fine. Changing sample rate from 48 to 44.1 kHz didn't change anything. Turning Exclusive mode on and off seems to make no difference either. Verifying and optimizing the game files didn't help.

UPDATE 2: Seems like glitches tend to happen more in certain areas but I can't produce them reliably. If the mission starts near a door with an exploding barrel and a ramp that goes down, sound often seem to occur at the top or bottom of the ramp.

Edited by Awkwarden

• 4 weeks later...

I think I found the source of your sound. It tripped me up too at first. It appears to be coming from sparking engines and other pieces of machinery stuck in the walls of the ice. I stood by one of the engines and it both did the sparking sound, and a stranger, "glitchy" sound like you described. Furthermore, in the large ice and water room that's common on this tileset, I also experienced it like you said, where the sound would disappear if you returned to the area it was happening in. Very weird.