Some ordis dialogues are meaningless

-STR-Lotus

Why just Ordis? Most of the reoccurring dialogue make no sense. For example, your operator whispering "if we can avoid alerting them, this might be easier" two seconds into a defence or survival mission. Or the Lotus saying things like "it's the grineer" when in grineer controlled tilesets or "robots incoming" in corpus ones. Most of these random dialogue is redundant and needs to be removed of updated.

Il y a 2 heures, -STR-Lotus a dit :
  • "Operator? Ordis wonders... what are you thinking about?

Ordis is just curious about what the operator think about. We know curiosity is one of the main aspect of Cephalons and as we know they are created from humans/orokins, it's understandable.

Il y a 2 heures, -STR-Lotus a dit :
  • "I've been thinking, Operator...I thought you'd want to know."       

As we first think Cephalons are just intelligent AI, letting us he can think can be disturbing and he say this because it's an intersting fact that we could want to know about. But as we know he has been created from a human mind, it's not that disturbing.
This one may be a minor teasing to the lore about Cephalons introduced with cephalons fragments.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Why just Ordis? Most of the reoccurring dialogue make no sense. For example, your operator whispering "if we can avoid alerting them, this might be easier" two seconds into a defence or survival mission. Or the Lotus saying things like "it's the grineer" when in grineer controlled tilesets or "robots incoming" in corpus ones. Most of these random dialogue is redundant and needs to be removed of updated.

"If we can avoid alerting them" half way through a mission after murdering hundreds of soldiers

4 hours ago, -STR-Lotus said:

"I've been thinking, Operator...I thought you'd want to know." 

This one is a joke, I notice some of you don't get it, it has nothing to do with AI, it's just "hey, I've been thinking - Shocking I know, didn't expect that from me now did you?"
Asking what we are thinking about is just his curiosity.
A lot of bad jokes, silly personality disorders from his glitchy old decrepit programming, again mainly played for jokes, and then some curiosity.
Nothing fancy, meaningless, sure, but meant to fill in the oppressive dead air.
It's rather late into the game that you can obtain a jukebox in your personal quarters, and even then you need to scan fragments to be able to have in game music playing in the background to fill the void when you're messing about your ship.

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

I would love if lotus and ordis chat was seperated into filter options.
Need to know, Random bulls**t, quest dialogue.

Even going further into which quests. Logging on over and over to hear lotus say the same crap about some POE event and konzu needing your help or whatever when you've already run it got annoying. End up keeping volume turned off for the first minute of each log in.

Don't want to remove it all as some of the info is actually helpful. Its just the other 95% that annoys the crap outta me. Honestly the most frustrating part of some of these games. The 'helpful' npc spam.

Change ordis and lotus voice to Jar Jar . That's how it feels most the time.