Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Lotus & Voice Advisor

Operativ

Hey everyone!

In this topic I would like to suggest an option for us, players, to be able to choose who is doing our mission's voice-over. This idea kept appearing to me for a longer time since the original Natah quest where she went missing, however after the recent storyline development regarding the Lotus I have had some thoughts when the Lotus went away with the Apostasy prologue quest. At that point she was replaced with Ordis' attempt of "memory of Lotus" voice advisor during the missions, which summarises us on our missions even today.

As one of Warframe's veteran players I still remember Warframe when it was simple, with progressive planet unlocking during its beta long ago, and thinking of how the whole system changed, even going as far as giving us some story choices between sun/neutrality/moon dialogue options, which might impact the future of our character development a lot. This was a really nice addition to the game, and it kept the railroading away, allowing the players to feel closer to their operators roleplaying-wise.

Now coming back to the post-Apostasy, our operator went extremely sentimental on the Lotus, and it became even deeper in The Sacrifice. This is where I would, as a player, like to see the ability of choice like before. I understand that our character is but a teenager, however everyone has a different personality, and the choice of actually 'not missing the Lotus' would be vital to keep the player away from the feeling of being railroaded.

In this choice, and even post-choice the possibility of choosing who voices our mission summary, alerts and so on would be a very good option for the players and their character customisation.

I would like to add some closing words before the discussion opens, please allow us to truly choose on really important story/gameplay elements, because the immersion addition resulting from this is beyond any directly driven story that goes to the very same point. I believe that choice really matters.

And what do you think about the idea of choosing another 'Voice Advisor' for our Tenno, meanwhile having the improved ability to decide in the story whether we miss The Lotus or not? Discuss ahead!

Edited by Operativ

11 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Why again? There are so many threads already.

Ok it's your first post. Nontheless you could have used the search function

Hi!

I've used the search option, and I've found a somehow fitting recent topic that would not be a necromancy to participate in:

I agree with you that one of this topic's major points is related to that topic (and I did leave a like to the author's input there). However it does not speak of the ability of choosing whether we want to 'follow' the Lotus or not, seeing her either as a 'mother', or a past 'ally who took care of us, but went shady', and when I tried to make a search about it, the amount of topics speaking of mods and some other choices was rather large to navigate through. Nevertheless, I apologise if this topic has offended anybody.

Edited by Operativ

4 hours ago, Operativ said:

having the improved ability to decide in the story whether we miss The Lotus or not?

Thereby splitting the player base in two and needing to write 2 different stories. I don't think there's room in their plans for this kind of thing.

4 hours ago, Operativ said:

And what do you think about the idea of choosing another 'Voice Advisor' for our Tenno

A cosmetic with a rather large cost. How much would you pay for something like this?