Vitus Essence - Arbitration honor shop suggestion

Phoenix7540

Right now Vitus Essence only has a limited number of uses. At one point you'll own the mods, emblems, sigil, cosmetics and more than enough statues after which you might no longer care for getting Vitus Essence. My suggestion is to make the resource timeless and always worth going after. Add Forma BPs (or regular forma depending on balancing) as well as ayatan amber stars as buyable options from Arbitration honors for maybe one or two Vitus Essence each. With the number of sculptures you're getting you'll run out of amber stars rather quickly so ambers would be in high demand for people who need endo. For those who no longer need that much endo they can always go for the forma. Hopefully this will also give veteran players more of an incentive to play the alerts. Thank you for reading my suggestion; I'd love to know what you think!

Edited by Phoenix7540

12 minutes ago, Phoenix7540 said:

For those who no longer need that much endo they can always go for the forma.

And for those that don't need the forma....

Honestly they need to add kuva if it's for veterans the resources should be aimed at veterans and most veterans are after kuva due to that other 'end game' thing called rivens.  Hell they could add in rivens when you think about, get x vitus essence (I'd say 5 to 10 max) and you can pick a veild riven in one of the four categories or if they don't want shotguns to be the only one people buy they can make it primary, secondary and melee (wish they'd do this with login rewards too...)

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

And for those that don't need the forma....

Honestly they need to add kuva if it's for veterans the resources should be aimed at veterans and most veterans are after kuva due to that other 'end game' thing called rivens.  Hell they could add in rivens when you think about, get x vitus essence (I'd say 5 to 10 max) and you can pick a veild riven in one of the four categories or if they don't want shotguns to be the only one people buy they can make it primary, secondary and melee (wish they'd do this with login rewards too...)

Huh? I mean sure, after formaing all your useful stuff you don't really need it, but you could forma everything you got to the max builds just for the sake of it. And maybe for the fun of using different weapons.

But yeah totally agree with kuva. I like OP's suggestions too but kuva would be better. Would give you more reason to do those things. The only downside of kuva is you need practically an endless amount of it so there would be no limit to the grind. In a way that's good, in a way not.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Phoenix7540:

Right now Vitus Essence only has a limited number of uses. At one point you'll own the mods, emblems, sigil, cosmetics and more than enough statues after which you might no longer care for getting Vitus Essence.

Sooo... basically like any other ressource???? (including Forma)

You know, that you can go outside, when you are done, right?
You don't die when you stop playing Warframe for a few hours.

Edited by Walkampf

34 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

You do realize the issue will still remain when you have downtime to kill and decide to come back to the game right?

This kinda response is why I always just facedesk.... ignorance =/= solution.

37 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The amount of times you play the alert doesn't really matter even if you only play one rotation of arbitrations a day you'll still eventually run out of uses for it. My goal was to make arbitrations a timeless alert option for those who beat the starchart giving them an incentive to do something whenever they feel like playing. The exact problem we've been trying to tackle for a while now; people play new content till they've got everything and move back to a different game. You're right there's a lot of resources with no purpose, that doesn't excuse this one from being useless for endgame content. most resources don't kill an entire gamemode while being obsolete.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Tbh this new mode is a great place to put some of the PvP cosmetics (that very few can obtain atm because they were lucky enough to find a group to play with) so we have a place to farm them instead of spamming RC with "conclave anyone?" With no success 

They'll need to 'rebalance' the vitus rate if they do that imo

The ability to use the Essence to buy extra Stars (Heck maybe introduce some new colors, we've only had just the red and blue for a long ass time now) would be nice. Some have suggested throwing Kuva into the mix. Yes. Yes. Yes. Forma BPs would be nice as well. 

Also, maybe throwing in some of the Vaulted Relics as options as well. Put them on Timed Rotations. You won't bog down a drop table and players would have more control on obtaining specific Prime Items they want.

since arbitration is clearly aimed at mid to high ranked players (thus, usually veterans), neither stars nor forma is much of a reward - e.g. i, as a mr25, have about 300 amber stars, 3000 cyan ones and hundreds of sculptures (full) which i could exchange for endo... IF i ever would need more (got about some 100k's of it, and could get about the same again by only resolving all those mods i have ten-thousands of too). and as for forma, atm, i have 103 ready at hand and a few more bp's of it - and that only because i'm too lazy doing much missions to get more.

so no, those reward, as nice as it seems (though i can't really understand why anyone would not have enough stars), this isn't much of use for us veterans. kuva, might be more usefull, though even there i have enough of by only "farming" it whenever i had double resource drops (and actually felt like farming at all). sure, for those who like to gamble with it to get yet-a-better-riven-roll, it might be a resource they constantly need and therefore a better reward than most others, but keep in mind how much time you would need to get the vitus essence to exchange it for kuva, and how long you need to get kuva otherwise...

as for riven mods... well, personally i would like to have one riven for every weapon (family) in the game, but sadly DE prefered to keep us on the short leash with them: meaning we only still can have 90 riven at all. so, even without ever buying a riven-mod, i already had those 90 riven nearly a year already and since then (since a couldn't play sorties anymore) i got 9 more as rewards from missions and a day xxx login reward. now, i can't even do those missions that will give me a riven as a reward anymore... and since i don't want to trash the rivens i have formated weapons for, just because DE is unable to solve their "server space" problem (which they could if they actually would look at other games or any program/service that uses big databases), so no, tht isn't much of a usefull reward either - only for those gambler who also would need the kuva then. the rest of us veterans will either sit on an already full capacity of riven or only uses riven for the weapons they would use otherwise too (which ironically is exactly which DE wanted to change when they though of releasing riven mods).

another idea what to do with the vitus essence would be to buy those faction mods from those syndicates one isn't on friendly terms with... though then all those people who earn their livelihood (platinum-wise) by trading with those mods, would cry out against it.

so, in the end we will again only be able to exchange the vitus essence for more cosmetics (not that we already have enough of those too) and DE will likely put in more in the days to come, or maybe some other mods too (usefull ones or not).