Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet loses health even with stasis?

Margolomania

Question

I'm trying to wrap my head around the 24 hour degeneration deal. What I understood was that if the pet was left out of stasis for 24 hours, its health goes down. To counteract this, then we have to put them on stasis often. I do so whenever I log out of the game, even when I know I'll be logged out for only an hour and will be playing again, I put my pet in stasis. 
But regardless of how often I stasis these guys, they still degenerate health. What am I getting wrong? 

7 answers to this question

This is because of the time.

At a certain time of the day, several several actions happen.

For example you can log in again, to get another day added to your login bonuses.

Mind if I ask you, where you are living and at which time of the day you are playing?

32 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

This is because of the time.

At a certain time of the day, several several actions happen.

For example you can log in again, to get another day added to your login bonuses.

Mind if I ask you, where you are living and at which time of the day you are playing?

I'm in Eastern time zone, and I play randomly. Sometimes in the morning, most of the time in the late afternoons or evenings.

18 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Genetic stability decreases by 10% each day it was outside (5% with upgraded Segment). So if you retrieve it every day it will lose 10/5% each.

Just use DNA Stabilizer when they hit 70% and you are good

Ok, so... is there a point of me putting them in stasis then? Obviously if I know I'll be out for longer than a day, I can put them in stasis. But in terms of if I leave for a few hours, it's safe to say to just leave my pet out and simply use stabilizers?

Pets can of course be maintained without putting them into stasis by giving them DNA Stabilizers, but when it comes to utilizing Stasis to avoid pet stability decay, just keep in mind it decays at 8pm EST

If you pull your pet out of Stasis at 7:59, it will still lose stability a minute later, but if you pull it out at 8:01, then you don't need to worry until the next day. The time at which stability decays has nothing to do with when the pet's been pulled out of Stasis, or how long it had been in Stasis, it simply occurs at 8pm and if your pet is out at that moment, it decays.

Edited by Zandermanith222

50 minutes ago, Margolomania said:

Ok, so... is there a point of me putting them in stasis then? Obviously if I know I'll be out for longer than a day, I can put them in stasis. But in terms of if I leave for a few hours, it's safe to say to just leave my pet out and simply use stabilizers?

since recent Updates Pets get automatically put into Statis when they Reach critical states.

So just use DNA Stabilizer every few days and you're good

4 hours ago, Zandermanith222 said:

Pets can of course be maintained without putting them into stasis by giving them DNA Stabilizers, but when it comes to utilizing Stasis to avoid pet stability decay, just keep in mind it decays at 8pm EST

If you pull your pet out of Stasis at 7:59, it will still lose stability a minute later, but if you pull it out at 8:01, then you don't need to worry until the next day. The time at which stability decays has nothing to do with when the pet's been pulled out of Stasis, or how long it had been in Stasis, it simply occurs at 8pm and if your pet is out at that moment, it decays.

I see. That's good to know, thanks so much for the info! \o/

3 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

since recent Updates Pets get automatically put into Statis when they Reach critical states.

So just use DNA Stabilizer every few days and you're good

Good thing those stabilizers don't cost that much. Thanks!