Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with riven mods

Sigonnen

Question

Hello people, 

So I see a lot of talk about riven mods, and the good ones seem to be very highly regarded. But when I look up a build for a weapon, nobody is even mentioning riven mods. So let's say the first riven mod I just got, turns out to be a good one for my dread. My dread has all needed mods considering what the builds I could find on the Internet. Which mod should I give up for the riven mod, if I should at all? I am a little confused. 

Thanks for the help! 

3 answers to this question

Usually you have a free slot or two when you're done with mandatory mods like two elementals, multishot, pure damage, crit damage and crit chance. That's where you'd put your riven.

Example. We can consider these mods mandatory.
Serration, Split-Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Strike, Two Elemental/Status mods (or pure elemental). This leaves you two slots open for whatever you wish to put in there.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Let's say you have Vital Sense on your Dread that gives a crit damage buff +120%.

Now, you get a roll with +110% crit dmg, +130 crit chance. You can get rid of your Vital Sense and put the riven.

Yeah, you can also (at least try to) replace two mods with one riven and open up a slot for something else.