Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trackers, Data, And All the Worldstate Things

Tobiah

There's been talks for, pretty much literally years, about having a complete amount of information in the worldstate api.

Some fellow players and I got a usable Worldstate mirror set up providing the data from DE's Worldstate PHP (and the console versions) in an easy to use format for more people to use (feel free to read the swagger here, sorry it's not perfect, I wrote it in an afternoon a few months back and haven't updated it). However, there's always aspects wanting. @vaur06 brought this up in a past devstream thread,

• The worldstate API used by discord bots, websites or other third party applications lack a lot of newer things added to the game over time like kuva missions, invasion mission type, plains weather, plains time of the day, cetus vendor inventory, redtext, etc ... Would it be possible to add those to it ? Pretty please with a cherry on top ?

but we haven't been able to get much traction or desire for this openly. 

Developers, creators, and data fanatics alike need help from all Tenno to get visibility on this.

From the list of asks that Vaur brought up, some data points that would help a ton with making external trackers (like Warframe Hub), vaur's PrettyBot, and Genesis, the latter two on discord, to have better and more accurate data on what's up in Warframe: 

• Kuva missions list, like Syndicates
    • Heck, even just the closest planets
  • Invasion mission type included explicitly, because invasions cycle mission type frequently
  • Current Time of Day on Cetus
    • Both time remaining in the cycle/expiry as well as the localized string for time of day, similar to mission type in the rest of the worldstate
  • Current Weather on Cetus
    • including modifiers would be awesome when they affect Eidola/whatever else
  • Cetus Vendors Inventory
    • Treat them as void traders since there's already an array in there, just add more, at least the data would be there
  • Redtext entries
    • With OID's and whatnot per-message would be super cool
  • Arbitration location, mission type, and modifiers.
    • Modifiers akin to sortie enum
    • Mission type, like fissures now have
    • Location via SolNodes

Now, all of those are asks that vaur brought up in their comment on the DevStream discussion.

Below are some of the things we've either compiled or are actively compiling over time:

Thankfully, some of these have expanded over time either through the use of the drop tables site being tied to bounty tiers from the officially provided drop tables, but like many things, this is simply correlation, not new data, as things we've listed above would provide.

There's always more to learn and get data on. There's some fun little things like a jobs from the Events Syndicate whenever it has any that we can find, but not everything. 

We need your help, Tenno, otherwise we can never drive forward to getting as much data possible for everyone to use.

If there's anything, anything at all that you'd like to be able to be provided, tell us so we can talk about it with you, and so we can show DE in this thread that we are serious and want to make these things available to the player base, with as little extra work apart from making the data available, even if we have to figure out how it's put together. Honestly, I get a thrill from figuring out what some new section of the worldstate php corresponds to.

Previous Post (archived)

Edited by Tobiah
fix styling
  • Like 15

I 100% support this. Big part of what makes Warframe great is the community tools and input. The game is just too tedious without all the tracking data easily accessible in one place. I especially want the new Arbitrations tracking.

Hope to see this given some attention by the devs

20 minutes ago, Tobiah said:
  • Kuva missions list, like Syndicates
    • Heck, even just the closest planets
  • Invasion mission type included explicitly, because invasions cycle mission type frequently
  • Current Time of Day on Cetus
    • Both time remaining in the cycle/expiry as well as the localized string for time of day, similar to mission type in the rest of the worldstate
  • Current Weather on Cetus
    • including modifiers would be awesome when they affect Eidola/whatever else
  • Cetus Vendors Inventory
    • Treat them as void traders since there's already an array in there, just add more, at least the data would be there
  • Redtext entries
    • With OID's and whatnot per-message would be super cool
  • Arbitration location, mission type, and modifiers.
    • Modifiers akin to sortie enum
    • Mission type, like fissures now have
    • Location via SolNodes

All of this would be great to see made available. +1

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jeancly said:

ehm... sorry but... what's this ? XD it may be that english is not my main language but i've no clue what this is all about XD

Sure, there is a site provided by DE (linked in the post, referred to as the "worldstate" or "worldstate site") where they provide information about the current state of the game, like current alerts, invasions, sorties, etc. There's long been a drought of additions for highly desired content and information, such as an exact timing for the Cetus day/night cycle, cyclic vendor offerings, current kuva missions, things like these. The issue right now, @Jeancly, is that we've had limited support from inside DE for developers like vaur and myself to expand and make more of these trackables and tools available to people.

• Like 3

Kuva and Arbitration tracking... i want these things.
BTW is it realy hard to implement these in API? Cuz we always get updates about missions, allerts and other stuff ingame in real time.
So, why they don't give that in API? Huh, new bounties in Fortuna, i'm sure there will be more timed things, and expanded API would be great thing for new players. we all need to track different things, and this could make it it 100% easier.

DE can upgrade their Warframe hub on Andriod/Ios and make Hub on pc, mb even in browser so we can track thing what we need, craft thing what we need... Or let ppl made it. 

Just now, RayzExile said:

Kuva and Arbitration tracking... i want these things.
BTW is it realy hard to implement these in API? Cuz we always get updates about missions, allerts and other stuff ingame in real time.
So, why they don't give that in API? Huh, new bounties in Fortuna, i'm sure there will be more timed things, and expanded API would be great thing for new players. we all need to track different things, and this could make it it 100% easier.

DE can upgrade their Warframe hub on Andriod/Ios and make Hub on pc, mb even in browser so we can track thing what we need, craft thing what we need... Or let ppl made it. 

Ultimately, we don't have the information to answer how hard it would be, and I'd bemoan anyone who calls what DE does "easy".

Thankfully, on the bounties part, there is an existing structure that the bounties from Cetus made it into, which is what I've found to be the most accurate way to calculate the time on Cetus/PoE as well. That being said, I know this wouldn't necessarily be a weekday afternoon of "let's turn it on where this dumps", but it would bring more than an afternoon's worth of value to the community, I believe.

Heyo data seekers! 

13 minutes ago, Tobiah said:

There's long been a drought of additions for highly desired content and information, such as an exact timing for the Cetus day/night cycle, cyclic vendor offerings, current kuva missions, things like these. The issue right now, @Jeancly, is that we've had limited support from inside DE for developers like vaur and myself to expand and make more of these trackables and tools available to people.

There's no doubt that you guys have done incredible work with what's available to you now, and we're hoping to slowly iterate over time to give you more to sink your teeth in whether its Discord bots or other. For now, we're chugging along with Fortuna and have that in our immediate sights! 

Thank you for your time and interest in keeping the Warframe community in the know 🙂

• Like 7

My community has been showing a lot of interest in having tracking capabilities for Arbitrations from the moment they were introduced, and the same is true for Kuva Siphons and Floods. It's a huge shame that more of this information isn't available to the public eye; as the work Tobiah and his team has done and continues to do, with the limited access they have, has been hugely beneficial to the entirety of the Warframe community. 

I would love to see all of the listed features implemented, and more of such resources becoming available.

+1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-10-16 at 4:40 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Heyo data seekers! 

There's no doubt that you guys have done incredible work with what's available to you now, and we're hoping to slowly iterate over time to give you more to sink your teeth in whether its Discord bots or other. For now, we're chugging along with Fortuna and have that in our immediate sights! 

Thank you for your time and interest in keeping the Warframe community in the know 🙂

Please do not ignore these guys, they are doing a really good job finding ways to help a lot of users with their work. We are just asking for a little of interest from DE, nothing hard to do, but that will help a lot of players.
Totally support for Tobiah and his team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

while we're at it, I think an (authenticated) set of endpoints for working with player data would also be extremely beneficial to the community.

for Destiny we've built a chrome extension / app that helped thousands of players to comfortably manage their inventory with their phone or browser, and to do that we used "private" api endpoints with auth tokens we got from the official login.

for me personally, I'd like to

• GET player stats by player name (not authenticated) -> as seen ingame
  • GET player loadout by player name (not authenticated)
  • GET player available arsenal (token authenticated)
  • POST player arsenal (token authenticated) -> equip item to slot

so i'm more interested in the players than the worldstate. but only because the community has already built great things with worldstate.

highest of props to Tobiah for the swagger docs!

2 hours ago, KitsuneKyo said:

while we're at it, I think an (authenticated) set of endpoints for working with player data would also be extremely beneficial to the community.

for Destiny we've built a chrome extension / app that helped thousands of players to comfortably manage their inventory with their phone or browser, and to do that we used "private" api endpoints with auth tokens we got from the official login.

for me personally, I'd like to

• GET player stats by player name (not authenticated) -> as seen ingame
  • GET player loadout by player name (not authenticated)
  • GET player available arsenal (token authenticated)
  • POST player arsenal (token authenticated) -> equip item to slot

so i'm more interested in the players than the worldstate. but only because the community has already built great things with worldstate.

highest of props to Tobiah for the swagger docs!

I'd love all of those... I can see why they wouldn't want to allow the final post, but even just having all but that would be AMAZING!!

I need to update my swagger sometim soon and get some new objects into there for vallis and such. They're in the live api, just not updated in the docs yet. Thankfully it's a simple enough api for most of the data tat recurs that only 1 or 2 spots are usually very uncertain. I'm very glad you enjoy them!

Edited by Tobiah
  • Like 1

I dont see much issue with even the POST, since it would require a token authentication.
This could be done via an oauth service or similar (I / the community will happily build that for free for DE, if they dont have the resources yet)

obviously I am not aware of the underlying infrastructure DE has in place now. but more tools always allow better usability of the game (especially since there is just so much info, content and menus). DE could then use these tools as prototypes and maybe implement what they like as part of the game. TennoGen Dev Version. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KitsuneKyo said:

I dont see much issue with even the POST, since it would require a token authentication.
This could be done via an oauth service or similar (I / the community will happily build that for free for DE, if they dont have the resources yet)

obviously I am not aware of the underlying infrastructure DE has in place now. but more tools always allow better usability of the game (especially since there is just so much info, content and menus). DE could then use these tools as prototypes and maybe implement what they like as part of the game. TennoGen Dev Version. 😉

Ah, from a technical standpoint, I don't disagree that it would be valuable, I more mean that doesn't seem like something they'd open up for access. I wish we could build them to be available and let them handle the rest, but unfortunately they've been loathe to do any such things apart from releasing the worldstate php and mobile manifests.

[DE]Danielle mentioned above there'd be love after fortuna, but we're in that boat now and nothing as of yet has changed, so I'm just waiting with bated breath.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kuva and Arbitration tracking would be an awesome addition to the API.

I've got several requests from the members of our Clan Discord to give them a way to track these things, but so far there's no way without the suggested upgrades to the Worldstate PHP

I sincerely hope DE provides the requested data as soon as possible. ❤️