Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founding warlords a joke

(XBOX)Pocket Lizard

Someone please tell me why this is a thing?

Our original founder quit the game before I joined in, in fact, of the 6 starting players, only 1 stayed with the game, but he was just an officer, I joined in sometime later, realised we needed a warlord and asked him to come back, instead he gave me warlord, said not to give the other player warlord status unless I thought he was ready... few months later, I'm the only one who plays now, the other player, just grabs his logins and leaves. This update, since he only logged on to grab his daily tribute, and him being a warlord, gives him founder and now that power has gone to his head. He demoted me because we lost an index run, which barely made a dent in his credits, the founder status is a complete joke and should not have been implemented. I've put so many hours and thousands of resources into this dojo, I made it to what it is today, when i joined it was only the labs and had been that way until I was made warlord, and after all that, I'm demoted to a sage, and now threatened to be kicked out, fix the clan ranks give me or the original founder the status, or take it out altogether.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing that and I understand how you might feel having had a somewhat similar experience long ago...

Clan I was in and actively contributing to changed the way they did things and I found those changes uncomfortable.

....Back then, I simply opted to leave and start my own family oriented clan and dojo.

I don't know if that's the correct path now as the clan based content here tends to encourage groups and I don't know if alliances are still a thing at all.

You are in a tricky situation and I wish I had good advice for you.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Pocket Lizard said:

Someone please tell me why this is a thing?

Go to support, there you can say that your clans founder has been inactive for how ever long (s)he's been (they need to be inactive for a certain amount of time) and you can become the new warlord of the clan. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

7 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

Go to support, there you can say that your clans founder has been inactive for how ever long (s)he's been (they need to be inactive for a certain amount of time) and you can become the new warlord of the clan. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thats the thing the founder warlord kicked him down. So the person is at least somewhat active. At the moment. Meaning that that will not work.

-----------

Technically, If the person never stepped down you should always be aware that it is not your own clan.

We had several different people with warlord tag when the founding warlord tag went into the game. I ended up getting the founding Warlord tag when that update happened which I thought was weird since I was not the one that created the clan.  The person that did create it has mostly quit though, he hasn't logged in in over a hundred days.

My only guess as to why they did it is, they may be planning on making Clans a bigger part of the game and there are probably many inactive Warlords with Clans that still have active people in them.  My PS4 storm Clan Has Maybe 15 to 20 active people my PC ghosts Clan has zero active people at the moment because there's only two members and my PC is down at the moment...  it's possible the other guy that clan might have gotten founding Warlords in since I haven't logged in on my PC account in about 30 days...  saving for a new pc at the moment I have enough for a mid-range gaming build...,  but if I wait a little longer I'll have enough for a high-end build.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

We had several different people with warlord tag when the founding warlord tag went into the game. I ended up getting the founding Warlord tag when that update happened which I thought was weird since I was not the one that created the clan.  The person that did create it has mostly quit though, he hasn't logged in in over a hundred days.

The founding warlord tag goes to the most senior person who is still active in the clan, which in this case turned out to be you, if the person who actually created the clan is inactive.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

My only guess as to why they did it is, they may be planning on making Clans a bigger part of the game and there are probably many inactive Warlords with Clans that still have active people in them

While that is part of the reason another part is to help prevent hostile take-over of a clan.

Imagine this: You create clan, a bit down the line the clan has grown so you've given a few other people warlord status so that they can help you manage it.  One of the warlords gets a bit pissy and decides to demote/kick all of the other warlords, including the person who made the clan.
Without the "Founding Warlord" there is nothing to stop them.
DE put in this role so that the person can't just get into warlord status and start kicking all of the other warlords over some disagreement.

Its a basic protective measure for the clan, and ensures that there is one person with absolute authority to prevent power-struggles and similar things from happening.

Sadly in OPs case it backfired...with few options of how to handle this...

Edited by Tsukinoki

15 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Thats the thing the founder warlord kicked him down. So the person is at least somewhat active. At the moment. Meaning that that will not work.

-----------

Technically, If the person never stepped down you should always be aware that it is not your own clan.

The original founder was a real life friend of the new founder, but even he told me not to give the guy warlord rank unless I thought he was ready, I gave it to him as the guy is also a friend of mine and showed a lot of dedication to the clan, he researched nearly all the dojos weapons up until the krokhur release, and thought he deserved it, he was fine as a warlord, but becoming founder has him mad with power, now, I'm see I'm quickly coming to see that was a mistake making him a warlord.

The problem is not the rank system the problem is how peoples use it. Some people fine with the way how it is work and no differentiate the peoples whom join and all get the same rank, others like to role play and some think seriously the role and make abysmal decisions sometimes. In my clan there is no such a problem because we play when we have mood to play and usualy 3-4 person in one time plays the game (10 person ghost clan) and all we have the same privileges and noone trolled the dojo or redo what others did. We before communicate what we want to achieve and mostly we do those as a side quest.

Your problem is your clan leaders are D'icks and behave such a way. If they are threating you with a kick then the better is you leave but before grab every research what you can get then move on and made your clan for yourself. Easy to redoing it in ghost clan level and if you have time to do quests, grinds daily, then you are able to rebuild the clan in no time and it will be yours.

In your clan you can promote those whom deserve it and whom you know in real life too and trust in them.

Edited by Cleopatranikea

12 minutes ago, Cleopatranikea said:

The problem is not the rank system the problem is how peoples use it. Some people fine with the way how it is work and no differentiate the peoples whom join and all get the same rank, others like to role play and some think seriously the role and make abysmal decisions sometimes. In my clan there is no such a problem because we play when we have mood to play and usualy 3-4 person in one time plays the game (10 person ghost clan) and all we have the same privileges and noone trolled the dojo or redo what others did. We before communicate what we want to achieve and mostly we do those as a side quest.

Your problem is your clan leaders are D'icks and behave such a way. If they are threating you with a kick then the better is you leave but before grab every research what you can get then move on and made your clan for yourself. Easy to redoing it in ghost clan level and if you have time to do quests, grinds daily, then you are able to rebuild the clan in no time and it will be yours.

In your clan you can promote those whom deserve it and whom you know in real life too and trust in them.

Were are a 10 person clan as well, but only 4 of us still play, the others excluding the original creator havent played in almost 500 days, 2 of them nearly 800, as for the leaders being $&*^s, the creator was nice, and understanding of the absent warlord dilemma, the new founder, was a good warlord as well, but becoming founder, he's taking things too far, hes now gone mad, now that he has absolute power, knowing he cant be kicked, he feels he owns the clan and everyone in it.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Pocket Lizard said:

Were are a 10 person clan as well, but only 4 of us still play, the others excluding the original creator havent played in almost 500 days, 2 of them nearly 800, as for the leaders being $&*^s, the creator was nice, and understanding of the absent warlord dilemma, the new founder, was a good warlord as well, but becoming founder, he's taking things too far, hes now gone mad, now that he has absolute power, knowing he cant be kicked, he feels he owns the clan and everyone in it.

Still say you should become your own clan founder.