Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunt - Alternative Roles?

Kemenril

Question

I like trying things before reading up on them, but that quickly led to the conclusion that I'm not good at Eidolon Hunts. I've only done PUGs and I've mostly just been pitching in on damage. I've since read up on some guides and understand the various roles that people are expected to play -- and that the Buff and Lure roles are pretty critical.

But I don't own a Volt or a Harrow, so shields or damage reductions aren't on the plate for me just yet. I have a lot of other frames that have group utility like Oberon and Trinity. I'd like to be of some help but don't really know where to start. I don't really care that much about the meta and I'm no min-maxer, but I still think I can bring more to the table besides Herp-Derp and Void Mode. 

2 answers to this question

You can easily get Volt from the Dojo. So that would be option 1.

Or you try the Healer-Role of Trinity. That is option 2.

Option 3 would be Oberon if you like him. He can heal the Lures for the Teralyst only if you don't want to push all 3 or substitute a Harrow for the Anti-magnetic-proc.

You also can get yourself a Rhino and do the damage role. Same goes for Ivara or Octavia...but be careful the last 2 are very squishy.

There is also no obligation do pick a meta frame. The only madatory frame is Trinity for Tridolons because of the Lures. But you surely can play as 3 Rhino and buff each other for example. It's not as fast as meta but still viable

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

18 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You can easily get Volt from the Dojo

I realize this. But with limited slots and build times it's not a priority for me now. 

In the meantime: surely there are other things I could do in a hunt that don't require a Volt (assuming Buff and Lure are already taken care of)?

EDIT: OK thanks for the other details in edit! 🙂

Edited by Kemenril
Clarifications