Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations : Ayatan Star drop rate

CyberPrimate

11 hours ago, Tyanya said:

Hello

Yes I see your point, the only way statues are of more value are to the players that are using them as decorations or as you say, running standard starchart stuff and have accumulated the stars along the way.

It would make the situation much more straight forward to have rotation C reward 2k endo and a slight chance of a mod but I think they wanted to add a modicum of variety with the addition of the statues. 

There will come a point where the players that are running Arbitration alerts frequently will have a stockpile of Vitus Essence with nothing to buy with it, Amber and Cyan Stars would be nice synergy I think. :smile:

Maybe 3 Vitus Essences to 1 amber star and 1 Vitus Essence to 1 cyan star, that would be ok wouldn't it?

Sure, why not. Otherwise the pile of Vitus Essence will grow endlessly. About Cyan stars though, I think those drop plenty. Only issue people have are Ambers. My ratio before arbitrations was 40:400 (ambers:cyan)

On 2018-10-21 at 11:18 PM, Tyanya said:

Hello

Yes I see your point, the only way statues are of more value are to the players that are using them as decorations or as you say, running standard starchart stuff and have accumulated the stars along the way.

It would make the situation much more straight forward to have rotation C reward 2k endo and a slight chance of a mod but I think they wanted to add a modicum of variety with the addition of the statues. 

There will come a point where the players that are running Arbitration alerts frequently will have a stockpile of Vitus Essence with nothing to buy with it, Amber and Cyan Stars would be nice synergy I think. :smile:

Maybe 3 Vitus Essences to 1 amber star and 1 Vitus Essence to 1 cyan star, that would be ok wouldn't it?

30 minutes of effort for a single amber star?

ALRIGHT.

15 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

30 minutes of effort for a single amber star?

ALRIGHT.

No, 30 minutes of doing arbitration missions for what ever reason you're doing the arbitration missions for, mostly endo with a chance of mods, where did I say it was a choice of either 30 minutes of the rewards you'd normally get OR 1 amber star?

Once you've bought all the other Vitus Essence items you need, being able to spend it on ambers is just a bonus, shouldn't be turned into an amber star farm, amber stars should remain out in the starchart in containers and lockers should you need them. ☺️

I see some saying opening containers is slower.  But Warframe has no endgame, no finish line.  So is there a point in running as fast as possible towards a non-existing finish line?

I do my missions while breaking open containers without stopping, letting my vacuum sort it out.  I rub lockers at an angle moving forward while spamming the use key to open them in one smooth movement. I destroy all explosive barrels to open all nearby containers.  This is how I fast-loot missions. Also, more often than not in pub sessions I always end up further ahead than other players, might as well take that time to casually open up more containers while they catch up, it's not like I can leave anyway until at least one other person reaches the end room to begin the 1-minute extraction timer.

I think I get most of my stars from Syndicate missions, since I'm all over the map searching for medals (I often find Ayatan statues this way too). Might as well open/destroy every container that crosses my path. I honestly don't even pay attention to this, it just became my play style over the years. Survival missions are another good spot to get stars, you're not leaving for at least 10 minutes anyway, so might as well run around opening everything.

I don't actively search these stars, it's a loot farming game so I destroy,kill and ransack everything to get whatever loot drops. Everything is useful. And so when I look at my inventory I wonder what the hell am I doing different from other players to get these numbers, there's no way this is luck-based.

wKJM3Ks.png&key=721473dfb5e5fd8d1b026af1

2 hours ago, MystMan said:

I see some saying opening containers is slower.  But Warframe has no endgame, no finish line.  So is there a point in running as fast as possible towards a non-existing finish line?

I do my missions while breaking open containers without stopping, letting my vacuum sort it out.  I rub lockers at an angle moving forward while spamming the use key to open them in one smooth movement. I destroy all explosive barrels to open all nearby containers.  This is how I fast-loot missions. Also, more often than not in pub sessions I always end up further ahead than other players, might as well take that time to casually open up more containers while they catch up, it's not like I can leave anyway until at least one other person reaches the end room to begin the 1-minute extraction timer.

I think I get most of my stars from Syndicate missions, since I'm all over the map searching for medals (I often find Ayatan statues this way too). Might as well open/destroy every container that crosses my path. I honestly don't even pay attention to this, it just became my play style over the years. Survival missions are another good spot to get stars, you're not leaving for at least 10 minutes anyway, so might as well run around opening everything.

I don't actively search these stars, it's a loot farming game so I destroy,kill and ransack everything to get whatever loot drops. Everything is useful. And so when I look at my inventory I wonder what the hell am I doing different from other players to get these numbers, there's no way this is luck-based.

Star drops are indeed random, thus there is some luck to it. How much? Who knows don't have a drop chance on them. You have to also consider that stars happened AFTER most vets have completed the star chart and exhausted themselves therein, which knowing you've been around for a while I find it odd that you still regularly run Syndicate missions (unless you just get a lot of medallion ribbens), but stars in fact share spawning sources with Syndicate medallions making them "easier" to find during. 

Equally time played per day and content engaged in has a lot of influence. Like even for you, you have a 1.7k : 6.7k ratio and you're an extreme. If I'm fair, this image as evidence leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

I regularly run a box breaking warframe for normal alerts and star chart missions, which gives me a very generous supply of cyan stars and an amber star every week or so. Thankfully, I'm not pressed for endo, but for someone else who is, its a better value proposition to farm straight endo instead. Thanks to arbitrations (and the fact they don't scale), its now easier than ever to do so, trivializing the entire point of the statue system. Bump the spawn rate of amber stars or give us a relatively consistent (albeit slow) way of earning them outside of the current crapshoot of boxbreaking.

18 hours ago, MystMan said:

I think this might be similar to Vets having 300mil credits while newer players are struggling without Index. And both being baffled as to how the other side has come to that state. To a 3-5 year vet credits are like trash, to a newer player cant have enough of them. I mean the amount of STATUES alone that you have amassed is higher than my total number of Ayatan Stars lol

As I said earlier, if i got the right weapon (like Staticor for example) ill break the containers while on my way through the mission. If I got lets say Tigris and Pandero equipped, hell no. Only if its explosive barrel. In survivals - probably around 80% or more will be broken.

I think that its hard to compare a player from 2017 to a player from 2013 when it comes to such things. Your perception might be skewed. Ive joined the game when PoE was already out. Im playing a very different game to yours.You had to go through things at a much slower pace as the content was being added. Hell, ive read somewhere that the mod Master Thief used to be sought after back in the day. That sounds kinda laughable from a perspective of a 2018 Warframe player. I joined the game and the amount of unexplored content for me is still considerable. So id rather not waste my time on something so trivial as Amber Stars or equipping mods like Master Thief or that Kubrow mod (Scavenge i think) just to open lockers heh

My conclusion is that this might be a gamestyle issue as much as it is droprate issue. People who casually stroll through missions and open containers, check secret rooms, and spend 8min per exterminate mission VS people who are more in a rush to complete all this content that they have ahead of them. Ones get inappropriate amounts of them, while others get none.  I got plenty more content like maxing Focus Schools, mods, forma'ing my gear, Tridolons, ESO, Arbitrations, endless fissures, pets, warframes to farm etc. To me strolling through a level 15-25 alert is not an option. I got plenty more valuable things to do in this game since im fairly new so a lvl 15 alert will be rushed in 2-3min rather then lets say 8 minutes.

So if it will stay as it is now, well ill just live with it and turn in ayatans with only Cyans installed, no worries. Ill get that extra endo in a faster, more fun, and more reliable way in other game modes. OR since I dont mind mining (actually find it relaxing, when im tired of the game) Ill just mine Radiant Gems as they are the same price as Ambers and I can get them much more reliably.