Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what's the most satisfying weapon you've recently used?

(PSN)Pizza_Parker

mine is prisma twin gremlins.

i've been focusing on efficiency for such a long time that i forgot about having fun.

using my primary (arca plasmor or tigris) or atterax is much more effective during combat, but the sound, the rapid fire and the reload time of the PTG... it just feels so good to use that i am completely ignoring the other weapons.

what about you? what (weapons) makes you feel good?

Related image

Since the Sacrifice update I've been (finally) going back and remodding some of my frames and weapons to make them more effective. About a month ago I got around to Paris Prime, and changing up some mods has really gotten me back into it and the bow class as a whole. I think I'm gonna keep it while I forma my Nox. There's something satisfying about using a bow every now and then for missions outside of spy.

Spoilers for Chimera.

Spoiler

Paracesis, believe it or not. It's a big ol', legendary sword that, when Tempo Royale, you swing around with one hand that lets you knock enemies into the stratosphere before you cut them out the air. That slam attack might not be perfect 100% meta best melee but it IS super satisfying to use, what with the massive explosion of particles that triggers when you slam with it. Bonus points if you can chain a kill from the slam into an air kill into another slam kill. Plus, it has nice sound.

This is what keeps me in the game- the FUN.

I canno do efficient. It's not me. I play to have fun, see challenges, and look at what toys DE has given us to play with. 

Some of my most enjoyable have been= the Redeemer- a melee shotgun that used to be silent was fun to do missions with as well as keeping a stealth feel to a booming stick of death.

the Halikor- a tossable hammer that takes away weapons from foes and returns. Played with Volt, I became Thor. 

Grakata Primary and Twin Secondary- let the bullets fly and spray everywhere. Who cares that my shots fired are the HIGHEST with these weapons....the fun of hordes always getting hit by a flow of bullets was what it was all about.

Sobek- dealing a Syndicate proc is one thing BUT to also give a acid death rain to those receiving that last kiss...double the pleasure.

Fist weapons plus the Staticor- most brawling a Frame could become. HADOKENS + flying fist and feet always a fun thing to do to your target audience for dismemberment.

Many others as there are so many things to do with weapons and powers in this game.

Good topic. Looking for more ideas to give a shot to

you know, i was just thinking of making a topic similar to this one lol. Eerie 😛

For me? Right now? Ogris.

I haven't used an explosive weapon since my time with my Lenz (note: i love my lenz lol). And that was quite awhile ago.

Picked up an ogris for funzies and i'm loving the thing. Maybe it's the bell note it gives out when it fires. Maybe it's the the mod that lets me lay down napalm whenever i fire it. Maybe i'm just so used to slasher weapons right now that watching something rag-doll a group of enemies just makes me smile.

Not sure honestly, but it's hitting the right notes right now 🙂

And i know it really isn't viable for "endgame" as it is... but 90% of my time is spent doing stuff like alerts, hydron/akkad/helene farming (it makes an interesting weapon to use for leveling frames lol), messing around on the plains, etc. and in all those regards it is a beast. Just gotta get used to the range a bit more so i stop blowing myself up (please DE... PLEASE make that new self-damage mod actually usable 😛  ).

But yea, anyway, TL;DR: Ogris

(special mention to my last weapon of "fun" with my Panthera... simply because firing piercing, dismembering buzzsaws makes me smile 🙂 )

Come to think of it, I only keep weapons and frames that are satisfying to use, even if they are far from meta.

Some of them are powerful (like Arca Plasmor which feels really great to shoot with) and some are not (Dera Vandal) but they are just too good to be left behind.
Running with Tigris Prime all the time would get boring fast to me.

Besides, if I do not run any high level mission and only farm Xini for example, I can even bring Convectrix and be competitive. It doesn't matter. Play how you want.

Sarpa
i crafted it for mastery and eidolon hunt,
after i placed primed fury on it
it actually feels pretty good.
the weapon build up combo really fast.
i just noticed that each bullet count as separate hit,
with Condition Overload is can pretty much kill anything even with the low 10% status

Edited by HEA-Devazone

38 minutes ago, skyfiredraco said:

Ogris [...] Panthera

Now that's good taste, right there. I've been rocking both of these on and off for quite a while.

Though recently, I've dusted off (and rolled a better Riven for) an old favorite, there's just nothing quite like
nailing a long-range snipe or around-the-corner trickshot with (thank you DE for Secura) Penta ❤️

Honorable mention goes to Staticor, not even for its amazing AoE damage & Status potential (woo dat buff),
but just for how gosh darn morbid entertaining knocking around ragdoll'd corpses is lol.

Edited by NinjaZeku

21 minutes ago, HEA-Devazone said:

Sarpa
with Condition Overload is can pretty much kill anything even with the low 10% status

Same. I love my Sarpa with Bullet Dance. 😊😁 So much fun.

Also started using Synapse. Very nice so far. 

My Zaw dagger, actually. Last few years, I've always wanted a useful dagger in my collection. Love to use it with my Ivara, but the ones I owned just didn't fit the bill. Finally got around to ranking my Cetus reps, built this baby, and I'm in love. 

That and the Arca Plasmor that I finally pulled out of mastery storage. Things a beast. 

Since i finally rolled a very good riven i 

45 minutes ago, HEA-Devazone said:

Sarpa

Totally agree. Since i finally rolled a good riven i'm really enjoying my old sarpa. Not so easy to aim maybe but bullet dance make her super funny. Nice to see there's still someone in the gunblades club

12 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Pyrana with insane double RoF buffs and staticor with recent crazy AoE buff, no need to explain. 

And: you really believe that your secondaries are less powerful then your primary weapons?  

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

I just looked up some recent youtube vids and i'm dusting this thing off NOW lol. It is an old favorite anyway, but i haven't used it for a month or two... changing that now 😛

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MrGottaGetReady said:

As a new player, I really like Boltor. Rapid fire plus modding with whatever elemental effects you want. I'm very happy with it.

Close second would be Orthos. I just really like stringing combos with it, plus channeling. It's really nice.

Just wait till you get the higher ones 🙂

Boltor prime for status and Telos Boltor for Crit are some weapon i love as well. Bonus points for the Telos because it has a syndicate proc. Nailing people to walls with an assault rifle never gets old 🙂

51 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

And: you really believe that your secondaries are less powerful then your primary weapons? 

Well i never said that, it's just that my best weapons happens to be primary and melee.

But lets hypothetically say that i do, with my hypothetical reason being that the best shotguns are from the primary set, and the best weapon for eidolon hunt is a primary, and alot of guides out there talk about hopefully not needing to use the secondaries when you can use your primary and only using them when your primary is out of ammo.

Hypothetically, what would you hypothetically say?

hypothetically.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

I really loved boltor on my early days, but then switched for dex sybaris.

I kinda miss that weapon

Get yourself a Telos Boltor. It's the Boltor, but crits like a truck, has a radial Gas attack every now and then that's great for revealing enemy locations and both heals you and boosts your speed whenever the radial attack goes off.

Arca Plasmor is my most effective weapon, so I like to use it, but in terms of fun I'd say Daikyu, Sonicor, Skiajati and Karak.

I want to love the Corinth and Karak, but the tube size / damage of them just doesn't allow it. I hate having to waste a mod slot on corinth just to get 8 shells in there.

Or the Fang (Prime). I want to love them. But the damage is just meh.