Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what's the most satisfying weapon you've recently used?

(PSN)Pizza_Parker

Hirudo with Brutal Tide
Any heavy blade with Cleaving Whirlwind or Tempo royale
Dagger Zaw with covert lethality
Atomos
Jat Kittag
Riven Synapse
Lenz
Riven Miter
Riven Astilla with +RoF
Riven Secura Dual Cestra with +multishot
Redeemer
Memestrike Atterax
Loki with meme strike gas Twin Basolk against corpus
Arca Plasmor
RoF Pyrana P
Stug for throwing snowballs
Dread for bow fun
Madurai Staticor nukegod before chimera staticor fix
Lanka
etc...

The thing from Chimera with Tempo Royal, so will probably love Gram Prime when I get it, due to the massive status chance, which the Chimera thing doesnt have. Still rocking a hybrid Plague Kripath though since I love polearms and my riven+blood rush combo makes it wreck everything, especially when sliding. Just need to get myself to grind out the needed things for Gram Prime since it may very well be a good replacement, even without a riven. Just have to rely less on slides and more on chopping with Sacrificial Steel instead of my Kripath riven.

I started using the Zarr as MR fodder recently and it has now become a permanent fixture in my arsenal.  I love using it on infested defence, everything just goes KABOOM and bodies fly off in every direction.  Love it

Bows are great too if just for the rag doll effect

Im using Glaxion (dont laugh) with my frost build because they go together and i get a bit of satisfaction using it.

I use Fragor P with my rhino build, modded for the usual crit setup, very satisfying to use with berserker and fury, reminds me of a freight train building momentum.  Awesome.

Most recently?  Corinth and MKI Braton.  In particular with the Braton, I stripped off all my mods and just ran a E Prime on Earth.  I miss the days when Grineer could take a few hits without me precariously balancing my firepower without overly gimping myself against bombards and heavy gunners.  Scaling is whacked between enemies in that way too, not just armor.

Out of all the primary weapons in Warframe, I’ve only found ONE that I feel meets/exceeds my standards in terms of satisfying gunplay. Whether it’s through sound design, animations or enemy reactions, I believe this weapon stands out above the rest:

The Quartakk.

latest?cb=20171221214432

For one, it has two mechanics that make it feel really good to use: innate punchthrough and ragdoll upon kills. This makes the Quartakk feel powerful, as your shots will not only penetrate cover and multiple enemies, but also send them flying back upon a kill.

To illustrate the rag dolls, I made a quick recording that you should be able to view here in this gfycat link

Secondly, it has fantastic animations (for a Warframe weapon at least). With each pull of the trigger, the muzzles fly back into the body to absorb recoil, while the magazine section visibly opens upward to release the spent casings before bouncing back down. Upon a reload, the user forcibly unclips the magazine with a hard push to the side before sliding in a new one - inserting it from back to front.

Finally all of this is supported by great sound design. Shooting Quartakk is accompanied by a thunderous boom, followed by the clicking of the muzzles locking back into place. Reloading is similarly satisfying, with a hiss of gas/hot air accentuating the solid click of the magazine being removed, followed by the meaty snaps of the new magazine clipping in.

Thats ignoring the stats and look of the gun itself, which I find enjoyable but don’t necessarily associate with satisfying gunplay.

So yeah TL;DR Quartakk is love, Quartakk is life. If I had started playing Warframe much later, back when the Ghoul purges were released, it would no doubt be my most used weapon.

Edited by OmegaZero633

12 minutes ago, OmegaZero633 said:

The user forcibly unclips the magazine with a hard push to the side

Aka "slaps the mag right off it".

You've nicely summed up why it's a great weapon though, I was too lazy in my own post.

Quartakk is love, Quartakk is life.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

mine is prisma twin gremlins.

same here. they're SO much better than the vanilla Gremlins, almost a totally different weapon. machine pistols can be really enjoyable when they're done right and that's certainly the case with the Prisma Twin Gremlins.

I'm a massive fan of LMGs in just about every game, I like dealing out suppressive fire and mowing down enemies with impunity and without reloading. the Supra Vandal with it's 300 round magazine and ridiculous fire rate, and the fact it shoots lasers just puts a massive grin on my face when I hold that trigger down. it's warframe's answer to the MG42, one of my favourite guns of all time. bottomless magazine, ridiculous fire rate, no accuracy required!

1 hour ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Out of all the primary weapons in Warframe, I’ve only found ONE that I feel meets/exceeds my standards in terms of satisfying gunplay. Whether it’s through sound design, animations or enemy reactions, I believe this weapon stands out above the rest:

The Quartakk.

latest?cb=20171221214432

For one, it has two mechanics that make it feel really good to use: innate punchthrough and ragdoll upon kills. This makes the Quartakk feel powerful, as your shots will not only penetrate cover and multiple enemies, but also send them flying back upon a kill.

To illustrate the rag dolls, I made a quick recording that you should be able to view here in this gfycat link

Secondly, it has fantastic animations (for a Warframe weapon at least). With each pull of the trigger, the muzzles fly back into the body to absorb recoil, while the magazine section visibly opens upward to release the spent casings before bouncing back down. Upon a reload, the user forcibly unclips the magazine with a hard push to the side before sliding in a new one - inserting it from back to front.

Finally all of this is supported by great sound design. Shooting Quartakk is accompanied by a thunderous boom, followed by the clicking of the muzzles locking back into place. Reloading is similarly satisfying, with a hiss of gas/hot air accentuating the solid click of the magazine being removed, followed by the meaty snaps of the new magazine clipping in.

Thats ignoring the stats and look of the gun itself, which I find enjoyable but don’t necessarily associate with satisfying gunplay.

So yeah TL;DR Quartakk is love, Quartakk is life. If I had started playing Warframe much later, back when the Ghoul purges were released, it would no doubt be my most used weapon.

well coincidentally that was the last weapon that i crafted last time i played.

Image result for hype train warframe gif

My Current Reinforcing Rhino Prime[Fun loadout]

Krohkur with Swooping falcon 

Stubba + Quartakk[All 3 have radiation + more puncture for bombards/nox/napalms etc] + Dethcube. honorable mentions Amprex, Arca plasma, Argonak, Kulstar, Angstrum, Drakgoon = Fun in general.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

since when? during a mission i remember shooting with arca plasmor while using mirage's clones and 1 of the clones made the shot bounce at one moment.

it was an unintentional bug of chimera update. it was sadly patched