Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did they lower the Orokin Cells drop rate?

FatalFatalis

I usually go to Seimeni and do 20 waves to farm Orokin Cells, I usually get 5-9 Orokin Cells each run.

But these last days (when the arbitration patch came out I think) I'm only getting like 2-4 Orokin Cells after 5 runs (20 waves each) and I have even a resource booster.

I was thinking I was just extremely unlucky, but after a couple of days, this is getting ridiculous and I'm not so sure, is anyone having this issues? Did they lower Orokin Cell drops?

I just want to confirm if this is only happening to me or it's happening to more people.

I have been wondering the same thing after the Chimera patch I'v had either really bad luck or they have really Nerfed the drop rate. I'v tried farming Exta with little luck only 1 out of 3 runs has yielded Orokin cells and last night I did sulvival run in Gabii where I killed 6000 enemys solo with Nekros and only walked away with 2 cells and one of them was from an array. I think we should start a thread or a spread sheet to see how many people are getting average.  

4 minutes ago, Zoretor said:

Lephantis? You nuts? Why would you do Lephantis when you can do Sargas Ruk runs? Much quicker!

True. But Sargas Ruk, along with all the other bosses with tiny weak points are incredibly annoying to fight for me, so I avoid them.

The droprates are definitely lower than before chimera
I made some test runs and while, on average, some nodes gave 5-10 cells every 5 mins pre update(without booster) they now give 1 cell every 10 minutes WITH drop rate booster (no boss nodes tested)
The test wasn't really representive (only ~10 hours) but the difference is quite significant non the less

I can't tell if its intended or not but I hope that DE buffs the rates with fortuna

1 hour ago, Zoretor said:

Lephantis? You nuts? Why would you do Lephantis when you can do Sargas Ruk runs? Much quicker!

But seriously, Draco on Ceres, which is now a Survival mission, is best farm for O-Cells from my personal experience.

Lephantis has four drops, one for each head and one for the final form. Its more efficient than Sargas Ruk but drop table mixes in neurodes and mutagen.

Edited by (PS4)Hemolytica

On 2018-10-21 at 11:33 AM, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

What I found is that I got more when playing with a squad. Soloing those places resulted in one or none at all after 30m. With a squad I averaged between 3 or 4 ,with at least 2, in that same amount of time. 

Because you have 4 people rolling the drop table instead of 1, loot is shared but the roll isnt.

All of the bosses have the same "chance" to drop orokin cells which is 2.52% except for corrupted vor which is 50%(the other 50% being an argon crystal)

On 2018-10-20 at 5:55 PM, Zoretor said:

Huh... never knew that.

Anyway, Draco on Ceres is currently (one of) best farm. No idea if drop rate's been nerfed since Chimera though.

Ceres/Draco doesnt drop Orokin cells according to the data we do have available

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Honestly with whats in the drop table data i would farm Mot for Corrupted Vor

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dabnician said:

Ceres/Draco doesnt drop Orokin cells according to the data we do have available

Ya gotta change your sources of information there chief...

I just did a few runs of Draco on Ceres. 10 to 15 mins. Got 4 to 6 O-Cells (without booster).
That said, on one of the runs I noticed 10 minutes in 0 were dropping, so I decided to extract. Ironically, there was an O-cell container near extraction point, but yeah, sometimes drop rates are in general bad on the rng... Guess that's rng for ya.

Been running mission for Orokin cells and the drop chance has definitely been reduced. I used to,get at least 1 but usually 2 every run on exta. I've done 8 runs and only got 2... tried other missions like Ruk, casta draco and it's the same. I need 12 orokin cells, but it's gonna take all week at this rate...

Edit: Phorid drop rate seems to be unchanged and is by far the best place to farm orokin cells, so grind him while you can.

Edited by Betsill

23 hours ago, mikakor said:

I don't think it got lowered. DE aren't Blizzard. As opposed to them, when they make a change, they say it. 

They would have told us.

Oh boy, did you never experience one of the stealth changes?

22 hours ago, Zoretor said:

Ya gotta change your sources of information there chief...

I believe he means the mission drop tables and not the planetary resources