Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the new war

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

so i've been thinking about not the plot of the new war, but gameplay potential for it.....you know we've seen millions of sentients with natah and her mother...we know they're preparing for war...we have umbra and paracesis the sentient killer starter pack , this war was inevitable ...so it has to be big, sure they can make the new war just another personal and tight story where you roam around on an already made map listening to who's ever appearing on your screen and ends with a tedious operator only boss battle ....or they can pump things up by making AN ACTUAL WAR SEQUENCE with HORDS of sentient soldiers all over the system, including every single character we've interacted with in all these years..grineer, corpus,orokin,the queens,and the tenno all united against one faction, use the crazy vast space venus and cetus has, to make an 8 man free roam survival type mission where after each 5 waves or so we're fighting a huge sentient boss....also think of it like invasions but it's much better and much much bigger 

this also would tie perfectly with railjack too

what you think? is it too much? do you just want a small personal story between natah and the operator?

39 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

A Sentient invasion is possible, but... well, we have a habit of striking first. And it's also kind of predictable. If I've learned anything from theorising about the Sacrifice, it's not to go with the predictable route.

i'm not predicting ...i'm suggesting ....the new war can't be just another anti climatic quest ...it has to be big ...

Just now, (PS4)theHOPPER243 said:

i'm not predicting ...i'm suggesting ....the new war can't be just another anti climatic quest ...it has to be big …

That really depends on your definition of Anti-climactic. I found the Sacrifice and The War Within plenty climactic even though they had lower stakes then the Second Dream, because they were really well written and also cleared up a years-long community desire.

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

That really depends on your definition of Anti-climactic. I found the Sacrifice and The War Within plenty climactic even though they had lower stakes then the Second Dream, because they were really well written and also cleared up a years-long community desire.

it's just the sacrifice....it was a long awaited quest , it was good ....but too short and the ending made me feel very empty, i don't know if that's deliberate, for lore, it's been a long journey for the operator....we can't end this war with an ending like the sacrifice 

Edited by (PS4)theHOPPER243

7 hours ago, (PS4)theHOPPER243 said:

First of all, stop abusing ellipsis ( this thing: "..."). It serves no purpose other than making you text harder and more annoying to read. As a side note, Ellipsis consists of 3 dots exactly, using 4 or more dots is a mistake and means nothing.

I don't have anything to add about the concept itself, not as long as you show you don't respect your potential readers by spamming the punctuation improperly. If you fix it, we can discuss.

2 hours ago, (PS4)theHOPPER243 said:

it's just the sacrifice....it was a long awaited quest , it was good ....but too short and the ending made me feel very empty, i don't know if that's deliberate, for lore, it's been a long journey for the operator....we can't end this war with an ending like the sacrifice 

It was intentional. It wasn't the ending, it was the beginning. Think of the Sacrifice as the end to season 1.

• 2 weeks later...

While The Sacrifice was worth the wait.

I agree with you. The New War has to be like an actual "War" going on. And you cannot win a war alone.

"The New War" shouldn't be like war within with just operator roaming around with other people talking.

DE gave us the "Paracesis" which have sentient + dmg and also Umbra + Sacrificial Mods which have extra Sentient dmg. It feels like to me they are telling us to make ourselves ready for something big. Really Big.

Hope it lives to our expectations