Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need feedback on death, especially now Arbitration is a thing.

Yggdrazzil

Especially now that we have a game mode that stops the instant you die, it would be very useful to know what killed us.

A single line stating: <player> died to <damage source> from <owner of damage source> taking <damage> would already help so much. Sometimes you just go from full health/shield straight to ragdoll with no apparent cause. That's particularly frustrating in a game mode that ends the instant that happens.

Incidentally, this would also help us help you guys with bugsquashing.

I'll leave a link to the previous suggestion I made about this a while ago.

We need better situational awareness. Many times when I die I'm just all happy bullet-jumping, trying to dodge stuff and then my Warframe just ragdolls into the floor. I don't even know what killed me, with what weapon or where the shot came from. It's much worse when you are using squishy frames since it doesn't matter what you do, at certain point you take one or two hits, you die. There needs to be something that helps these frames survive a little better while still maintaining their squishyness. I haven't tried the invincible roll mod, but I don't think that a mod will fix something that substantial.

It's also bad while you are taking damage. In most cases I don't know what is hitting me and from where. When you lose shields there is not enough indicating that you actually lost it. Its something too subtle to warframe. It's hard to determine enemies' shots. I hear a bunch of "pew pew pew" noises but its almost as if it was happening in another room.

We have a good example inside the game of what could be done: when you use Mesa's Shatter Shield. It emits a sound and an effect each time you get hit. Its not loud or visually impairing enough to bother us, and its also not too subtle as what we currently have in the game.

1 minute ago, Yggdrazzil said:

I haven't. If the logs are readily available, it shouldn't be an insanely monumental task for DE to provide us that info in game. I am paranoid to the extreme to using third party software on games like these.

Don't worry about that one, it just reads a text file to extract the parts you are looking for ("was killed by" sections and such). It doesn't change anything, and also it's just a log file, which doesn't really affect anything. If still paranoid, copy the Log file and use the site to read the copy.

40 minutes ago, Yggdrazzil said:

Thanks for the contribution.

you are welcome. if you haven't figured out that snipers, shotguns and spool up weapons can randomly instagib you no other function DE can implement will help you out. good luck though