Pause for group play again

I love doing endurance runs but mainly do them solo as well in group runs in order to have anyone go afk you have put on a ballerina outfit tap your heels together 7 1/4 times while singing the happy birthday song to the enemies and if you don't finish the song by the 1/4 of a tap or even go under or over that tap everyone dies but we aren't ready to leave someone just needs to go pee. I know there use to be pause for group play but it was abused and made very toxic so I have a recommendation for a work around to have less chance for toxic play and still have pause.

Pause would only be available for two types solo and invite only. Not friends only and public as to stop either someone randomly coming in your mission from your friends list and pausing or in public groups preventing a toxic player from having another tool to make everyone else's day worse.

Pause wouldn't be allowed during a round but when the reward happens there will be a pause in game play and instead of there being a countdown time there isn't one. If you don't select either battle or extract it will keep the game paused. Once all players have picked their own option to extract or battle there will be a conformation box that will lock you into that decision. 

So my question to you DE is do you want us to have a bed pan under us to do endurance runs with friends? Maybe we all want to setup for a day off every month to do a 13hr run but don't want to turn into a caged animal that isn't allowed out of their cage so we are forced to go to the bathroom in our cage.

And tbh I have a lot of viewers in my stream that are dying to do group endurance runs with me but can't because of no pause. I also have a lot viewers that don't even come on rad fissure runs where we go just 15 cracks and extract because they have to take care of people and might have to afk asap so they only do it solo destroying their love for group play and ultimately the game. 

Rewards may suck in endurance yes and I expect to see that in the comments but this isn't a thread about that this is a thread about making endurance runs for group play more enjoyable and not turn into a classroom where the teacher wont let you use the bathroom until they feel its right and only one at a time but there's a catch if that person leaves everyone in the class could fail the class or maybe you can't use the bathroom at all.  

Please DE do this at least for us endurance runners we love sitting on your game for hrs on end and don't care that fortuna isn't out as we have content that could make us happy by playing with friends but are now limited giving us an actual content drought as we can't even do endurance runs at the level we want because we don't want to put a bed pan under us to keep the run going. Tho does Steve's bed pan have pizza imprinted on it? 

5 hours ago, thebakertv_-twitch said:

I know there use to be pause for group play

When was this?

5 hours ago, thebakertv_-twitch said:

Please DE do this at least for us endurance runners

Pick a better reason for DE to do this because this is not the compelling argument you seem to think it is.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

When was this?

Pick a better reason for DE to do this because this is not the compelling argument you seem to think it is.

So you are the lord and land of what is a compelling argument? Good to meet you, could you then tell me why its a good reason to not put it in the game and not give someone the ability to go to the restroom at the very least in a game mode that is designed for you to stay as long as you can and enemy max level takes over six hrs to hit?

As for when it was removed after talking with a few founders I know I have found out that the one founder(tbh probably a bought account at this point) and few people that use to speak of it are well full of it so as for it being in the game at point I was wrong but tbh it seems very reasonable that it would of been in the game as you had the void key system which was replaced by fissures which then got a stacking reward system.

tbh to put in a endless system and not give proper breaks has to be the biggest scum lord move I've heard of and idk why you wouldn't of asked for it before. Instead you deal with being a caged animal not being allowed to move unless the weather is perfect. Sad you know you deserve more. Even in raids in any other MMO that takes hrs to clear you have the ability to take breaks. 

So in short I can't wait to hear why you think its a good idea to not have a pause in warframe with the guidelines I listed above.

Edit: the founders I spoke to were from open beta and up. so maybe something to note as there was time before that but if I see the guy that spoke of it I'll get a time frame from him as of right now isn't online.

Edited by Guest

I think it could work if it was only in solo and invite only, but maybe not with friends only and definitely not in public.

I recently posted a topic about adding a new (or basically old exterminate/survival) game mode where you get to pick the starting enemy level, be it 100 or 1000, and the amount of enemies. That could be a solution too since I doubt many endurance runners are there just because they can say they do many-hour runs all the time. But it'd be way harder to implement than pause so i support a pause with above conditions. 

12 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

I think it could work if it was only in solo and invite only, but maybe not with friends only and definitely not in public.

I recently posted a topic about adding a new (or basically old exterminate/survival) game mode where you get to pick the starting enemy level, be it 100 or 1000, and the amount of enemies. That could be a solution too since I doubt many endurance runners are there just because they can say they do many-hour runs all the time. But it'd be way harder to implement than pause so i support a pause with above conditions. 

Yeah I had an idea in the lines of that an posted on it. 

I said no to friends only because people can join randomly on that so its not really premade material and that's what I am looking at. 

Edit: as well I've done 200 rounds solo xini and would love to do that level of endurance with group play but there isn't anyone inc me that can sit there for 14hrs without moving out of the chair. In that 13 hr run I took 40 mins of breaks.

Edited by Guest

This is a great feature that should be implemented. Group pause could be a simple mechanic that would encourage more people to squad up for longer runs and promote a healthier gaming session.

• For every 60 minutes completed in an endless mission your group should be awarded a 1x 10 minute Pause. At 180 minutes you are awarded a 1x 20 minute Pause.

• Anyone in the match can initiate a Pause vote after 60 minutes as long as a Pause has been awarded, all players must accept the Pause vote within 20 seconds or the vote will be cancelled. If cancelled the Pause will be refunded and can be reused at any time during the match.

• If all Squad members vote to Pause the match during a vote, a timer will start counting down from 10:00 or 20:00... a few seconds after the 4th vote was accepted. Before the timer reaches 0, all players can vote to Unpause the game so they can immediately resume play. When the timer runs out the game will automatically be Unpaused.

Boom, there we go. A pause system that works, cannot be abused and encourages group play! It could even work in public matches and not just invite/friends only! This would be perfect for a good stretch, a drink, a snack, a bathroom break, a smoke.. whatever!

Edited by Aliothale