Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee speed limit

Franch

While using melee attacks, it is no longer possible to steer the warframe as it once was—directional input has minimal results.

Weapon classes are not equally affected: polearms are lightly affected, while heavy swords brings warframes to a halt, which not even >+100% movement speed buffs can overcome(or have any effect over).

Stances are also impaired: because players can hardly control distance covered, they mostly either stand almost still or go too far.

Since this encourages use of whatever has maintained fine and controllable mobility—the dreadest slide attacks—and has erased melee synergies with high movement speed/ directional inputs, I advocate that it was a detrimental change and that it ought to be eliminated.

Thanks for your consideration.

I don't think we're getting a "fix" until melee 3.0, though.

And even then the fix will be that the lunge attacks will remain as they are but we are essentially getting other combos that move you otherwise.

The way the various combos work right now seem to for functions they said would be fulfilled in melee 3.0, I particularly notice on Tempo Royale because the block combo will have you vaulting immense distances while the back combo actually moves you forward during its execution, what didn't happen before.

4 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

And even then the fix will be that the lunge attacks will remain as they are

In which case they'll be too long still.

No melee combo should move you 37 metres from your starting point (which is the longest I've gone with minimum experimenting). A bit of mobility is good, but there is such a thing as too much :tongue:

24 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

In which case they'll be too long still.

No melee combo should move you 37 metres from your starting point (which is the longest I've gone with minimum experimenting). A bit of mobility is good, but there is such a thing as too much :tongue:

Hrm... I see the usage of that, mind, I'd agree that no combo should do that but a single move on demand to get at something across the room would be useful. Then again what is the usual distance you want for a lunge anyway? 

Also are you certain it wasn't that weird bug that makes you randomly catapult at immense velocities? I have it sometimes when rolling and had once when meleeing with a glaive, which should never happen. I'm certain the block move on Tempo Royale (August Mesto was it?) was only tossing me about 10m ahead (also yes I mostly use heavy blades, in case you notice)

21 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

Hrm... I see the usage of that, mind, I'd agree that no combo should do that but a single move on demand to get at something across the room would be useful. Then again what is the usual distance you want for a lunge anyway? 

Also are you certain it wasn't that weird bug that makes you randomly catapult at immense velocities? I have it sometimes when rolling and had once when meleeing with a glaive, which should never happen. I'm certain the block move on Tempo Royale (August Mesto was it?) was only tossing me about 10m ahead (also yes I mostly use heavy blades, in case you notice)

For a lunge, probably 5 or 6 metres to be honest, thats probably the distance between enemies most of the time and is easily correctable. 

Definitely not a bug, Atlantis Vulcan hold combo. Moved me 37 metres in a straight line.

Still noticing a bit of a discrepancy between where I'm swinging and what I'm hitting too.

But this has lead me to use more slide attacks....for better or for worse I suppose. Not a fan of it personally, but it ironically feels like the best way to hit something out of range compared to a lunge or dive combo.

I made a thread about this very same issue here.

TL;DR I love using the Rabvee Hammer Zaw, but the way things are now, I am forced to stand still when swinging my weapon. So I'm forced to either meme strike with slide attacks, or simply go back to a weapon that actually works, i.e. my Plague Keewar staff, which I stopped using because it was so good in comparison, it wasn't quite as fun.

The hammer was fun, though, and now it's nigh unusable.

Please fix this momentous disaster.

Edited by Axio.

The lunging forward issue seems to happen more when i use Weapons like Falcor and Twin Krohkur. Even with just Berserker and no Warcry, it’s still possible to jump forward past the enemy you try to kill and you have to finish the enemy off still because the lunge won’t kill him. That makes me rely on Maiming Strike or Heavy Blades like Gram Prime more because Attack Speed Mods makes smaller Weapons very Severe.

Edited by VPrime96

Not all stances are equal when it comes to how their "lunge" attacks work out. Tempo Royale is probably the only one where it works just right, it's controllable, hits in a wide area, and it covers ground.

However, nerfing melee mobility in general is a nonsensical and massive nerf to melee. It makes no sense for melee to not respond to your mobility when your primary concern in a game about fighting hordes of enemies is to keep moving from target to target as fast as possible. Right now it's like if you had to aim in order to shoot a gun, and aiming locked you in place.