Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania and Volt Interaction - Please Consider Altering This, DE.

KX297

Hi!
I like playing Titania a lot, but I frequently run into an issue when playing with Volts.

Whenever Volt casts Speed, it creates a trail of energy behind affected Warframes when they move.
If you are playing Titania, and you are in Razorwing, this trail of energy can become very obstructive when you are aiming down sights and strafing from side to side.

Titania can't (as far as I know) get out of Speed in Razorwing, and even if she could, most Volts frequently recast the ability. 
It becomes very cumbersome to go in and out of Razorwing to avoid this and not aiming down sights is an unfortunate compromise. 

I don't really want to stop playing public just to avoid this one Warframe, and I don't see DE making changes to Speed to allow players to fully avoid it.
So, could we maybe at least get the ability to turn off the trail of energy it creates in the options? Similar to how we can turn off various Melee effects? 

Thanks!

~KX297~

Hi!
Could a moderator please move this to the correct section?
I had intended to put it under -Warframes-, not -Weapons-, but I guess I made a mistake somewhere along the lines when posting it.

I'm not sure how to get in direct contact with a forum moderator, so I'm just going to leave this reply here and hope someone catches it.
Thanks!

Something to try next time it happens... from what I've heard you can backflip out of Speed, so ADS -> roll backwards might get rid of it.

No idea if it works, haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

However, yeah, the tron lines are really annoying, doubly because the buff does almost nothing for you (faster ammo regen (negligible), and that's it).

Edited by Eirshy

7 hours ago, Eirshy said:

ADS -> roll backwards might get rid of it.

Yeah, I'm aware that backflipping removes the buff.
But I was not aware this was possible in Razorwing!
You can ADS + Roll backwards while in Razorwing, causing Titania to roll backwards in mid-air.  
Unfortunately, I don't think this really fixes the issue.
Rolling backwards a lot is kind of cumbersome, and most Volt's I've played with have favored recasting the ability a lot.
Every time they recast it, you would either have to backflip (and hope they don't cast it in your vicinity again within a few seconds) or have the obstructive energy trail when ADS'ing and strafing. 
And, as you said, I think this is even more unfortunate as she doesn't benefit too much from the buff (at least, not while in Razorwing). Her ammo regeneration is already very fast and with how drifty/floaty Razorwing is, more speed is generally not very helpful. At least, I haven't found it to be helpful. It usually ends up being more of a detriment. 

I think the easiest solution would just be to provide an option to disable the visual effects caused by the buff.
Then we could just turn that off.
Otherwise, they would have to provide some way to better opt-out of the ability to avoid obstruction. 
And while I would like more options to avoid this particular buff (as I don't really like it), I don't believe DE will ever make changes allowing players to permanently disable or avoid it. 

Edited by KX297

@KX297

I'm just offering a workaround. The effect itself might also be less annoying if you drop the effects intensity slider a bit. Dunno, haven't had a Volt in a squad with my Titania in a bit... actually, haven't Titania'd in a bit in general, now that I think about it. Been waiting on the wide open skies of Venus and bettering my kit depth as of late.

Edited by Eirshy
forgot to tag lol