Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara needs a speed boost

nokinoks

She has a versatile kit but her penalty while invisible I think is too much especially in a game like Warframe where people spun-2-win with tipedos before bullet jumps were created. I can pretty much pseudo perma invi with Loki and the dude is fast. I got like 1.98 sprint speed on him plus the sprint aura. I know they're not the same frame but I also think that Ivara's speed penalty is just too much.

EDIT

It seems people keep suggesting that making her fast will break her balance, people seem to forget that her invisibility is channeling, she can't get energy while she is invisible. That's already a big thing. If she runs quicker how is that going to break the game? It's not, it's not going to break the game, it's not going to break her gameplay and let's be honest, no one really uses Ivara. Don't get me wrong, I love her kit, but her kit doesn't belong in this game. If you make her run faster tho, her invisibility (which again is channeling) will be of greater use for normal alert missions or sorties or just life in general. 

If it breaks her gameplay or balance, then just revert it, it is literally just sprint speed. Literally. That's one value which increases with Infiltrator mod. It hurts absolutely no one.

PS

People who say she is already OP seems to forget that she has a LOT of penalties for her skills.

Prowl you CAN'T slide! You are slow af and you can't even slide BUT you can bullet jump. Amazing Logic. You can't do spin melee too or it will remove you from Prowl. Wow, that's so OP, skill deactivation every time you do a spin attack.

Her 4 needs a lot of setup (forma and mods) and you can't use secondaries and melee while it's activated. 

Yes she's got a very cool and creative Kit, but she's also got a lot of "balancing mechanisms", and it's not going to break her if you make her run faster, just not being able to spin attack or slide is already enough penalty.

Edited by nokinoks

9 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

She has a versatile kit but her penalty while invisible I think is too much especially in a game like Warframe where people spun-2-win with tipedos before bullet jumps were created. I can pretty much pseudo perma invi with Loki and the dude is fast. I got like 1.98 sprint speed on him plus the sprint aura. I know they're not the same frame but I also think that Ivara's speed penalty is just too much.

Thats an entire bucket of nope. I love ivara but one of the things that balances her out is how slow she is. I would suggest the infiltrate mod, it does help some. But I just spin around until I get to the vault, invis through the vault, then spin to the next.. You dont need to be invis the entire mission.

Just now, tCartmant said:

Thats an entire bucket of nope. I love ivara but one of the things that balances her out is how slow she is. I would suggest the infiltrate mod, it does help some. But I just spin around until I get to the vault, invis through the vault, then spin to the next.. You dont need to be invis the entire mission.

I don't disagree with you, but Loki is semi perma invi and he is fast af. He is able to accomplish (in general) what Ivara accomplishes so why not just make Ivara quicker? I don't know, Warframe is already an imbalanced game and making her quicker seems to be not only easy, if it proves to be a S#&$ decision it can easily be removed. It's just sprint speed after all. Basically, does it really hurt Warframe if Ivara is fast??

1 minute ago, nokinoks said:

I don't disagree with you, but Loki is semi perma invi and he is fast af. He is able to accomplish (in general) what Ivara accomplishes so why not just make Ivara quicker? I don't know, Warframe is already an imbalanced game and making her quicker seems to be not only easy, if it proves to be a S#&$ decision it can easily be removed. It's just sprint speed after all. Basically, does it really hurt Warframe if Ivara is fast??

Well, I will say loki you have to time out your vault run if you want to stay invis. (although once you know the vault rooms neither are really necessary). His invis is timed and you really have to pay attention to it in higher level missions since he is so squishy. Plus ivara will run through lasers with her mod.

Lots of plus and minuses for both really. 

Far as imbalanced, I dont mind some imbalance but we also dont want it to get so bad the game becomes a joke. Some already think  we are there as it is.

2 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

Loki is semi perma invi and he is fast af.

Then just pick Loki. No one forces you to use Ivara for Spy missions. Her only real advantage over Loki is that she can bypass barrier with her Augment to make Vaults a piece of cake. 

I know how Spy Vaults works and I pick Loki. Except Kuva Spy. I think Ivara is slightly better there.

Just now, tCartmant said:

Well, I will say loki you have to time out your vault run if you want to stay invis. (although once you know the vault rooms neither are really necessary). His invis is timed and you really have to pay attention to it in higher level missions since he is so squishy. Plus ivara will run through lasers with her mod.

Lots of plus and minuses for both really. 

Far as imbalanced, I dont mind some imbalance but we also dont want it to get so bad the game becomes a joke. Some already think  we are there as it is.

This is kinda my point as well, Loki is pretty much WF on easy mode, can't Ivara be WF on easy mode too? xD

12 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then just pick Loki. No one forces you to use Ivara for Spy missions. Her only real advantage over Loki is that she can bypass barrier with her Augment to make Vaults a piece of cake. 

I know how Spy Vaults works and I pick Loki. Except Kuva Spy. I think Ivara is slightly better there.

I'm just saying, is it really going to hurt Warframe if she is faster during prowl??

Ivara's already a broken easy mode frame. Walking faster during prowl probably wouldn't REALLY change anything, but I also just cannot even imagine Ivara getting a buff at all unless DE was also nerfing something else.

and i dunno, personally i'd rather keep my easy mode than walk faster because i am lazy.

Edited by OvisCaedo

18 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

I'm just saying, is it really going to hurt Warframe if she is faster during prowl??

Why not just have every frame move super fast, do 10 million damage with their abilities, have the abilities last for an hour and drain 1 energy a minute?

You seem to want Ivara to be Loki, something that isn't going to happen. My guess would be you want Infiltrate but without any sort of downside.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Why not just have every frame move super fast, do 10 million damage with their abilities, have the abilities last for an hour and drain 1 energy a minute?

You seem to want Ivara to be Loki, something that isn't going to happen. My guess would be you want Infiltrate but without any sort of downside.

I'm not asking for every frame to move super fast, I'm saying what's the downside to Ivara being able to move faster when Loki is already moving faster and is nearly just as permanently invisible as Ivara. Hey, if there's an actual stealth gameplay, sure, Ivara slow, no problem. But there's no such thing, not really. 

For a fast Ivara, I have a few tricks. The first is use Prowl with Infiltrate and a utility-focused build amd use roll and bullet jump (just no sliding) like nobody's business. The second strat is to use Dashwire over long distances, since she can run on the wire and not break Prowl.

The third (and more fun one imo) is to parkour through the mission fast as I can, plunking down Cloak Arrows at corners or near enemies. Once under the cloak, I take out enemies who saw me or who could be a problem later. This is pretty effective if I want to go fast, except for the very infrequent AoE foe who tracks that quickly. An alternative is to plink Sleep Arrows and take out the sleepers or just keep running.

22 часа назад, nokinoks сказал:

but Loki is semi perma invi and he is fast af

If invisibility and speed is all you care about, then check Octavia - permament invisibility on crouches, bonus speed on jumps. Also Octavia is very viable on Defense missions.

22 часа назад, nokinoks сказал:

He is able to accomplish (in general) what Ivara accomplishes so why not just make Ivara quicker?

This is where you are wrong, because you are looking at Ivara as stealth frame made only for Spy missions. Loki have no abilities amplifying weapon damage or dealing direct damage. (well, 4th doing 500 Impact damage for 100 energy is pretty much worthless). While Ivara with 250%+ duration build usually have around 170% power - this gives you 68% extra damage on headshots and 70% more damage on Artemis Bow, which is already insanely strong.

Have you ever done Sorties solo on Loki? Like last one 80-100 Defense against Corpus on Lua? I've soloed it on Ivara within 15 min. Same result was for similar 80-100 Defense against Grineer on Sedna like 3-4 weeks ago. How about Eidolon hunting with Loki? Personally I oneshot limbs and whole eidolons on 359% power Ivara without Madurai school.

Btw, if you take Infiltrate augment on Ivara and pump power upto 200% or more - you will start running with same speed or even faster in Prowl, but who really needs that, when everybody simply spam rolls and double-jumps in Prowl...

vor einer Stunde schrieb ZeroMR:

Time what? Decoy switch teleport combo is still working. Also, loki is not limited to walking speed and can rush the mission without being detected. Some laser traps are dated and useless, because everyone can hack with operator.

For me it's not working very often 😞

18 hours ago, DaCrazyFish said:

This is where you are wrong, because you are looking at Ivara as stealth frame made only for Spy missions. Loki have no abilities amplifying weapon damage or dealing direct damage. (well, 4th doing 500 Impact damage for 100 energy is pretty much worthless). While Ivara with 250%+ duration build usually have around 170% power - this gives you 68% extra damage on headshots and 70% more damage on Artemis Bow, which is already insanely strong.

Have you ever done Sorties solo on Loki? Like last one 80-100 Defense against Corpus on Lua? I've soloed it on Ivara within 15 min. Same result was for similar 80-100 Defense against Grineer on Sedna like 3-4 weeks ago. How about Eidolon hunting with Loki? Personally I oneshot limbs and whole eidolons on 359% power Ivara without Madurai school.

Btw, if you take Infiltrate augment on Ivara and pump power upto 200% or more - you will start running with same speed or even faster in Prowl, but who really needs that, when everybody simply spam rolls and double-jumps in Prowl...

Thank goodness someone said this for me.  People seem to forget that she's a damn good damage dealer.  While also getting all the same stealth bonuses Loki gets and more.  

Can Loki solo Survival to the max?  How about Interception? Can Loki scan a Simaris target without using traps, taking damage, or alerting it?  Loki has his strengths and Ivara has hers.  Please stop trying to make them the same when they aren't and were never meant to be.  If Ivara had the same speed while in Prowl, she would be OverPowered as all hell.  I don't use that term lightly either.   

On 2018-10-17 at 12:43 AM, nokinoks said:

"Dispatch_Overdrive" on Fandom: "Dispatch Overdrive is a mod that grants a movement speed buff on a Melee Channel kill. Notes..."
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dispatch_Overdrive

I think the real problem at hand here is Loki, not Ivara. Invisibility by nature removes interaction with the enemy: unless you mess up by bumping into someone or walking into damage, you're basically invincible. Ivara makes a suitable tradeoff for this by moving altogether slower, but Loki doesn't, allowing him to press a button to eliminate any and all challenge tied to evading detection or retaliation from enemies. Because of this, I'd rather Loki suffered similar movement penalties, instead of continuing to break gameplay with his unrestricted invisibility.

On 2018-10-18 at 12:50 PM, DaCrazyFish said:

If invisibility and speed is all you care about, then check Octavia - permament invisibility on crouches, bonus speed on jumps. Also Octavia is very viable on Defense missions.

Octavia is Injured-Hand Prime. That twerk to invi mechanic is a really great balancing mechanic.

On 2018-10-18 at 12:50 PM, DaCrazyFish said:

This is where you are wrong, because you are looking at Ivara as stealth frame made only for Spy missions.

I suppose my wording can be made more clear, but I am not wrong because I said "in general". I mean finishing missions. And in general a frame that can run fast and is invi is great for finishing missions in general as a "daily driver" kind of frame like Loki and if you like hand injuries, Octavia (of course other frames also fit here) but the question is, why can't Ivara be here as well? People keep saying that she's great, she's great, okay, she's great, why not make her run faster? It's not that will break her gameplay, and if it does then just remove it, it is literally sprint speed. There is no great rework to be done.