Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK-system: Register non-channeled abilities

Suminom

I use Volt most of my playtime. And I find the (now old) changes to his ult very encouraging for the lazy-type play.

Up until then, I used Discharge mostly for crowd-control before revives. Now, it's worth it to make a build around it. And it wipes maps!
I made a topic, asking to nerf it somehow. Couldn't believe the resistance. Some people are used to standing in a hard-to-hit place, and letting the "nuke-frame" continously wipe the map through walls. That's how ESO is done. And it's horrible. Well, it's great for farming focus and relics for Baro, but ESO is another topic.

There are other frames able to kill enemies you didn't even know were there. I blame it on infinite punch-through.

---------------------------------------

3-4 Nekros or Nekros+Hydroid+SpeedVa farming compositions require AI changes. AI doesn't recognize many weapons and abilities so they die like Lemmings all the time. Although agressive, Grineer seem more intelligent than just running into a continous Ignis stream... They should yell to each other, trying to draw us out by denying us life support and setting up traps and ambushes for when they succed.

Enemies also don't seem to cooperate with each other (which I would expect of Corpus at least.). Imagine a Nullifier hiding behind a Bursa, or even better a Comba shielding an Ambulas while it lobs high-arc artillery at you. Stuff like this would definitely make for a more interesting gameplay. An even better AI should repleace the "challenge" of mashing enemy numbers.

Don't get me wrong. AI is good. Much better than in many other games. I like how Butchers come at you from a side. I like it how enemies dodge when they're alone, and so on. But I'd like enemies to recognize when we're trying to "cheese it" and use some cheese of their own against us.

PoE bounties are a nice alternative to camping gameplay. But they are repetitive. Especially if you're trying to get "that one item" and you have to repeat the identical bounty in the same sequence over the same terrain. The rewards aren't really worth it and you can't really farm anything while doing bounties either ("abandoning mission", time limits).

Edit: I now realize that none of this is related to the topic title.
I support the OP. Until we get some more incentive to be more active during playing, don't punish players who activate their abilities by hand.

Edited by Uthael