Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need something like simulacrum but bigger, and with rewards

Zi-Sui

I know it's by no means a new idea but since there doesn't seem to be a recent topic about this, here goes.

We need something where players can decide the approximate amount of enemies spawned and their level and types, just like in simulacrum, but it should be bigger in map space, way bigger enemy headcount and level limit, as well as rewards. Just like a mission but with more and higher level enemies and it could be survival or exterminate, maybe other types too.

Why? Unless you are new to forums you must have noticed a lot of people complaining about a lack of end-game content. This should ease their pain, even though more advanced enemy AI would probably be a better solution.

And rewards so that players have incentive to farm this mode, other than challenge. Because Warframe is focused on farming a lot of stuff, this should be no different. I feel kuva would be best reward and make it scale with enemy levels, also faction-spesific resources and maybe make them scale with enemy level, but have a limit of how much of each resource you can farm weekly or daily so that people would still play starchart for the resources.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb BoarWarrior:

Maybe not if you make the daily reward cap pretty strict. Did you consider that?

Same difference.

In this case people will abuse it until they hit the cap and then switch to the second best grinding method.

Thus we are were we started.

Just now, Walkampf said:

Same difference.

In this case people will abuse it until they hit the cap and then switch to the second best grinding method.

Thus we are were we started.

But you can't deny that a lot of people have been wanting harder content instead of having to sit hours on endless mission for levels to get high.

I'm fine with any reward at any scale, just as long as there's farming incentive so people are rewarded. Radiant or flawless or whatever relics, endo, resources, a mix of all the two, without any more scaling rewards than A B C C C etc rotation or whatever. The point is there needs to be a reward, or a mixed reward table, like in sanctuary.

vor einer Stunde schrieb BoarWarrior:

And rewards so that players have incentive to farm this mode, other than challenge.

Why does this mode have to be about farming again?

Seriously, i would really like to have the option to just select a mission on the starchart, type in "lvl 1000" and see what i can do,

but i surely wouldnt do this to farm anything. And yes, in my topic about the Arbitrations and their rewards, i noticed that for half of the people in Warframe everything needs to be about getting something (effective and fast at best, but this again contradicts the term "Endgame" imo), but there is an equal amount of players that are fine with doing something just for fun.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb BoarWarrior:

Radiant or flawless or whatever relics, endo, resources,

I got more relics then i can open, my Endo income is enough already, i dont need more ressources.

Edit2: As soon as something is about farming, you will not look for a challenge, you will look for the Meta that is best at farming that.

And then people will complain that a Meta exists and that there is no challenge if you use the Meta.

Edited by DreisterDino

1 minute ago, BoarWarrior said:

The point is there needs to be a reward, or a mixed reward table, like in sanctuary.

So, what you want is a mission where we get to decide everything, but the rewards? (I would like to pick the mission type, enemy levels, types of enemies, and modifiers [i.e. Vampire mode])

• Sounds like a good idea. I would certainly play around with it.

You just need base level rewards (DE can pick what), then multiply by the difficulty. For me, I would not be that worried about the rewards (I don't really need much). If I could just play around with challenging content I would be happy. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb BoarWarrior:

But you can't deny that a lot of people have been wanting harder content instead of having to sit hours on endless mission for levels to get high.

I can deny it and I will:

people don't care about the harder content, they want scaling rewards, so they can justify increased rewards in order to gain more Ressources per time spent.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb BoarWarrior:

I'm fine with any reward at any scale, just as long as there's farming incentive so people are rewarded

Thanks for prooving my point.

Personally I think it's has more to do with how current farming and the associated farming tables is worked. This is just an observation but I think DE has a tendency to build content and deliver it provide a few updates to make it works alright then basically leaves it alone for the next project. Perhaps after the next big content drop DE could take a breather and focus on fine tuning what they already have but that's just my opinion.

26 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Why does this mode have to be about farming again?

Seriously, i would really like to have the option to just select a mission on the starchart, type in "lvl 1000" and see what i can do,

but i surely wouldnt do this to farm anything. And yes, in my topic about the Arbitrations and their rewards, i noticed that for half of the people in Warframe everything needs to be about getting something (effective and fast at best, but this again contradicts the term "Endgame" imo), but there is an equal amount of players that are fine with doing something just for fun.

I got more relics then i can open, my Endo income is enough already, i dont need more ressources.

Edit2: As soon as something is about farming, you will not look for a challenge, you will look for the Meta that is best at farming that.

And then people will complain that a Meta exists and that there is no challenge if you use the Meta.

As to why it needs to be about farming, well actually it doesn't have to be. But it would take DE some effort to put this kind of content to reality, and because of that they would like this content to occupy the playerbase. That's where farming comes in, and rewards.

As for finding the meta, true, people do that, you can see it in ESO and Vodyanoi and eidolon hunts. True. But people also play non-meta just for the sake of it in those place. Like Ivara and Mirage on eidolons (well-played Ivara is meta yes) and whatever frames on ESO.

And I don't think you take to account that most farming in Warframe is limited, meaning once you farm it you no longer need it for anything else except selling, the duplicate item that is. Kuva is the only exception. Once you are done with getting the stuff for yourself, you can do whatever you want. Which means non-meta playing-around.

And it's a fact that there have been topics and posts about people wanting harder content, and I don't think I'm confusing that with scaling rewards. I don't have too many friends in Warframe and three of them have complained because of lack of hard content, sorties hardly cut it for them.