A generous community?

Vortuna

Every other day I see threads about people being gifted expensive stuffs, being helped by others etc, but I've never had anyone doing any of that for me, instead I get calculative people who leave at Hydron (and Helene, the orokin cell farming alternative of Hydron) wave 5 without helping others get to wave 10 to level their weapons to max, and people trying to rip every single plat from me.

How generous is this community actually? A few cases of generosity may motivate a certain few to do some kind acts along the way, like how I'd go all the way to even wave 20 in Hydron even though my weapon is already maxed at wave 10 because they will need the affinity from extra mobs AND affinity buff from having all 4 players together, but seeing how most people I met treat everyone else as mere tools, I have lost faith in this community.

"without helping others get to wave 10

If this is a pub session, nobody owes others anything for their convenience. Was there some communication at all beforehand or are they expected to stick around and somehow know they should stay to help other non-speaking strangers every single time?
If they leave, leave with them and try again. As long as you are playing with others, your gear is being leveled regardless.

"and people trying to rip every single plat from me."

Some context is needed here.

Hydron is more than just leveling, some go there farming for relics, once they get what they want, they have the right to leave.

Expecting generosity... there is no such thing.  That is called entitlement.

1 minute ago, MystMan said:

Expecting generosity... there is no such thing.  That is called entitlement

This. This 20 times over. If you want something you have to work for it. If you need help ask for it, cuz expecting it will get you nowhere. As for gifting things I have only ever been gifted things a handful of times and 99% of those were with friends. Why would people give up their hard earned plat to someone they've never met or barely know? If you want something earn it yourself, if it requires plat farm that yourself. Simple

8 minutes ago, Nepelwerfer said:

I'm just curious, where's this "generosity" that people talked about.

YOU'RE MR 24. My god, you act like your owed more.

I see the generosity being mainly directed to the new and uninitiated. You should know better and not need handouts.

Also, If you made any friends in Shy's mountain clan you happen to be in. Someone may have helped you out by now.

Edited by Firetempest

11 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

YOU'RE MR 24. My god, you act like your owed more.

I see the generosity being mainly directed to the new and uninitiated. You should know better and not need handouts.

Also, If you made any friends in Shy's mountain clan you happen to be in. Someone may have helped you out by now.

I'm MR 24 only because I leveled a lot of things, not because I have played for years. And I only joined her clan recently, my experience is in the half year I have been playing this game.

And it's not really handouts I'm talking about, but basic courtesy with a slight touch of generosity, like I've explained.

Edited by Nepelwerfer

Gerade eben schrieb Nepelwerfer:

And it's not really handouts I'm talking about, but basic courtesy.

So what exactly do you imagine when you say you're asking for basic courtesy? Are you talking forma bundles? Prime equip? Expensive mods? Arcanes?

I see plenty generous acts in this game all the time:

- people giving away Ignis Wraith in trade chat, sacrificing time and effort to give something away they could sell with the same effort

- people helping other players by either carrying them through missions, taxi them to alerts, explaining things in region chat, answering to price checks in trade chat

- people writing guides for other players

And your examples are a bit off. You want to go to wave 10 on Hydron and are mad at the guy leaving at 5. What about the two other guys in your lobby that already carried you to that point because you only brought an unleveled weapon? And you are disappointed by people trying to buy low and sell high? Really?

Just now, Nepelwerfer said:

And it's not really handouts I'm talking about, but basic courtesy.

People cant be courteous if you don't communicate either. Cant expect it out of thin air just as much as begging for it. Just talking to council chat about the handful of vaulted primes I'm missing when a vaulting conversation started. Someone offered to run the last of their old relics for one of the items with me and we got the items. Its that easy.

Been gaming a long time (40 years give or take) and lets say 20 of them online played many games and have always tended to treat people in them as I would like to be treated.  I have many people on my friends list, but I don't go knocking for them to come out and play but on the whole if one of them was in a tight spot or needed help I would help and have extended that offer of help to a lot of them. But it's when you offer that help and people start to take it for granted, I had that in SWTOR and it got to the stage where /dnd was on pretty much all of the time.

With pug matches unless someone is being a right ahat I go with the flow. But if it drops to two of us I tend to bail. Also tend to give a shout out if for whatever reason I need to bail at the next cut off point and if that's before five then its sorrys allround

I've also given discounts on trades and received them as well, but that's just me and I'm off to polish my halo.

People have gifted me riven slots or offered more pl for trades because i was fast seller or they've spent 2 hours with me in chat trying to solve why my game crashed and i have helped a random x guy do quests or give some vaulted x for free or spent time to explain things.

Then again i have met people who just cursed at the team cause they thought of themselves as better and i have gone to hydron and left at 10 or blamed someone who in the end wasn't his fault.

There are good days and bad days maybe i and everyone is in the mood to help or having a bad day or just want to focus on something.

In the end though the in game community is much more generous than any other out there.

45 минут назад, Nepelwerfer сказал:

but I've never had anyone doing any of that for me

Haha, this is the reason.

I've been doing many generous things to ppl I met, like helping with missions, explaining game mechanics, giving away items etc (once I gifted Ember Prime to a really nice guy, the oroking cell decoration he gifted me back is still near my nav console as reminder). But there's the important thing that makes me want to be generous: if the person is humble and not lazy. If I see someone is really putting some efforts, not just whining and waiting for the universe to do the thing instead, I want to show him the universe can actually be the bright place. That's it.

God helps those who help themselves.
Edited by Zanoza-chan

12 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Haha, this is the reason.

I've been doing many generous things to ppl I met, like helping with missions, explaining game mechanics, giving away items etc (once I gifted Ember Prime to a really nice guy, the oroking cell decoration he gifted me back is still near my nav console as reminder). But there's the important thing that makes me want to be generous: if the person is humble and not lazy. If I see someone is really putting some efforts, not just whining and waiting for the universe to do the thing instead, I want to show him the universe can actually be the bright place. That's it.

God helps those who help themselves.

Pretty sure I helped myself a lot, but leveling weapons, especially weapons that you don't intend to invest catalyst or forma in, is tedious enough when I can't use my own Saryn to do the job. I just had three people bailing out of Hydron wave 5 at the last second, leaving me alone at wave 6, I just don't see the generosity in there.

I hate leveling weapons (not frames, because I could do it myself) because of the community.

Edited by Nepelwerfer

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Nepelwerfer:

I just don't see the generosity in there.

Or maybe you are just to greedy to appreciate little acts of generosity and simply expect other people to feed you everyting?

Quite frankly, from what i read here from you, you simply don't deserve any generosity.

You are a leech who complains that people don't let you leech.