Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A generous community?

Vortuna

From what It sounds to me expecting something for nothing is a sure way to annoy people especially if you go in for public matches. Bearing in mind the sheer size of the Warframe community there are far more people you don't know then you do and having strangers expect your generosity, like irl, is not a requirement for playing. It's nice sure but it comes across as more entitled and looking for a hand out more then looking to progress. If you really are looking to progress in weapon and frame levels then I would suggest setting up a team on the recruitment chat or if you're in a clan then ask for help there. At least that's my thoughts on it anyway.

1 minute ago, Cuchullin said:

From what It sounds to me expecting something for nothing is a sure way to annoy people especially if you go in for public matches. Bearing in mind the sheer size of the Warframe community there are far more people you don't know then you do and having strangers expect your generosity, like irl, is not a requirement for playing. It's nice sure but it comes across as more entitled and looking for a hand out more then looking to progress. If you really are looking to progress in weapon and frame levels then I would suggest setting up a team on the recruitment chat or if you're in a clan then ask for help there. At least that's my thoughts on it anyway.

You'd do that for just 10 waves in Hydron?

The definition of generosity isn't just "give someone free stuff", even taking the time to give some advice is being generous and that's where most of the generosity of this community comes from, advice. And most of that generosity is directed towards the new player because the rest of us have become accustomed to how things work and most of us know what it's like to be a newbie in a game like Warframe that doesn't give a damn about new player experience.

31 minutes ago, Myscho said:

And also seeing all this beggars at Region or Trading chat make my eyes rolling

My ignore list is full of these types who spam chat with "plz give me free stuff I new" but they just keep coming lol

14 minutes ago, zNightWolfz said:

i give to others daily in game either items  sets mods and my time helping them and i don't expect anything back in return although a thank you does go a long way...

There are some who can reeee for hours but you help then farm argon or neurodes or something and they just leave squad after they've got what they need without so much as a 'ty' . People forget the power of the words 'thank you' and 'please'  these days unfortunately

English is not my first language, but I think there is a big difference between “generosity” and “courtesy”?

Many WF veterans like to help new players. A taxi to a potato alert, a Prime part to complete the set, a statue to level something, gifting basic mods or weapon slots, certain resource runs (Nano Spores, Argons, Orokin Cells), an Index round or two, not selling a Braton Prime set for 200pl... This is how we got a reputation for being mostly decent and generous.

Of course then you are no longer a fresh blood, no one is going to give stuff for free to a stranger - you can farm everything by yourself. As for ripping platinum from you – you are MR24. Only the best C.M.O.T sellers can rip off MR24 and thankfully they are a rarity. Right?

As for courtesy on Hydron... General consensus shifted from “At least one full rotation for the best rewards” to a “If you want to play for 20 minutes, recruit”. For bad or worse is another question.

3 минуты назад, Nepelwerfer сказал:

You'd do that for just 10 waves in Hydron?

I stopped going to Hydron in PUGs long time ago because of someone usually leaving at 10-15 waves. And since there are better places to farm Axi relics or to level, I can not be bothered to recruit. The irony.

And I have been told that I should recruit for more then 5 minutes. Usually in endless PUG fissure or in "I have been hold hostage for 20 min in survival" threads. Oh, the irony.

PUGs. Love them or hate them, you can not hit them with a shovel.

1 minute ago, rand0mname said:

And I have been told that I should recruit for more then 5 minutes. Usually in endless PUG fissure or in "I have been hold hostage for 20 min in survival" threads. Oh, the irony.

PUGs. Love them or hate them, you can not hit them with a shovel.

It's understandable but for games like this you're going to get all sorts. Bearing in mind that the general curve of popular levelling location can swing from one location to another pretty easily and the attitudes of how people want to do them will change. I know it sounds like I'm just shrugging it off and saying it is what it is but there's always going to be aspects that will frustrate anyone regardless of level or what people want from the game.

When you see a dude selling a S#&$ty riven in the trade chat for 10k plat, that's where the generosity of the community gets thrown straight outta window. People can obviously be generous towards their friends that they've known for a long time, but I don't think anyone is willing to give anything free for a total stranger.

1 hour ago, SirKnum said:

I see plenty generous acts in this game all the time:

- people giving away Ignis Wraith in trade chat, sacrificing time and effort to give something away they could sell with the same effort

- people helping other players by either carrying them through missions, taxi them to alerts, explaining things in region chat, answering to price checks in trade chat

- people writing guides for other players

And your examples are a bit off. You want to go to wave 10 on Hydron and are mad at the guy leaving at 5. What about the two other guys in your lobby that already carried you to that point because you only brought an unleveled weapon? And you are disappointed by people trying to buy low and sell high? Really?

With your mention regarding the Ignis Wraith, a lot of that is because we (the clans who have the bp) mostly came to an unspoken gentlemen's (or gentleperson's if you're a snowflake)  agreement to not sell them.  There have also been occasions when people have gifted a bp to someone only to see that same person post a sell offer for it.  Basically saying that with every good usually comes a bad to balance it (the one instance imbalance would be nice).  Also with the unleveled weapon statement you have to take into account the MR of the person since often you can get your weapons to a decent state at unranked if you're MR 20+ (assuming a cat) and even more so if it's unranked but on the 3rd or higher forma.

I do agree with your overall point though, I'm just a nitpicky a-hole.

Edited by Starfreak911

An MR24 asking for generosity in Warframe is like a banker begging for generosity. You're not the one who should be helped, you're the one who should do the helping. If you're asking yourself "where is the generous community"... well, maybe ask yourself where is your generosity. When I was new, I was talking in the general chat, asking questions, and I got plenty of help, not just advice and immaterial things like that, but also free rare mods that would take me dozens of hours to grind, I got free orokin tower keys, and all kinds of useful things.

Why would I now, at MR 18 ask for anyone's generosity? I am the one being generous. I am the one giving things away for free, I am the one giving advice and free mods. If I need anything, I can earn it myself, I have all the power in the Warframe world at my disposal. 

So where is the generous community - it's right here. But you've arrived at the point where you have to be on the generous side of the community, not on the side benefiting from said generosity. 

This community is excellent.  many other games have degenerated into cesspools.  

just get to know your clannies and stuff.

BE the generous one.  be the change you want to see in others. 

when i first started, i had a guy take me under his wing and give me a few staple mods.  he taxi'd me up a Loki set early on so i wasn't just excalibur from the start. Nowadays, i pay it forward and give out syndicate mods to my noobie clannies and stuff.

Not sure how ypu can quantify but i have played my fair share of MMO andmor just online games and generally speaking here people are more prone to talking during missions, and to be helpful in general. I've received my fair share of helping hands back in the day, from people explaining things to help in farming primes to actual gifts to people buying long just to help a new guy. 

So i do the same. 

16 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

Also with the unleveled weapon statement you have to take into account the MR of the person since often you can get your weapons to a decent state at unranked if you're MR 20+ (assuming a cat) and even more so if it's unranked but on the 3rd or higher forma.

Yeah, I get that. That is a possibility. I play Hydron alot and see tons of these people coming with only one weapon at rank 0, doing essentially nothing, and then leaving after 10 waves of getting carried.

15 минут назад, Cuchullin сказал:

It's understandable but for games like this you're going to get all sorts. Bearing in mind that the general curve of popular levelling location can swing from one location to another pretty easily and the attitudes of how people want to do them will change. I know it sounds like I'm just shrugging it off and saying it is what it is but there's always going to be aspects that will frustrate anyone regardless of level or what people want from the game.

You said what I have been trying to say, but more eloquently :). From a certain point of view every playstyle can be justified. And I bet my Warframe shiny backside armor that I got on many Tenno nerves with my shenanigans. Still, it is amusing to see how the views change.

2 hours ago, Nepelwerfer said:

Every other day I see threads about people being gifted expensive stuffs, being helped by others etc, but I've never had anyone doing any of that for me, instead I get calculative people who leave at Hydron (and Helene, the orokin cell farming alternative of Hydron) wave 5 without helping others get to wave 10 to level their weapons to max, and people trying to rip every single plat from me.

How generous is this community actually? A few cases of generosity may motivate a certain few to do some kind acts along the way, like how I'd go all the way to even wave 20 in Hydron even though my weapon is already maxed at wave 10 because they will need the affinity from extra mobs AND affinity buff from having all 4 players together, but seeing how most people I met treat everyone else as mere tools, I have lost faith in this community.

Well 1 month ago someone gifted me aksiliteo prime

Another person gave me vaulted relics

And i never saw anyone leave at wave 5 (atleast for me)

This Community is very kind 

U just wrong people at wrong time(bad luck i guess)

there's plenty of generosity in this game, most of it is just people lending you their time helping you with something, taxiing you places, not getting mad when you stuff up. I generally only see donations of more "material" goods when the donor has played with the recipient for a while and thinks they are a pretty deserving person. (hint: complaining about not relieving free stuff doesn't make people think you are a good person).

2 hours ago, Nepelwerfer said:

I have lost faith in this community.

play enough pubs and you'll lose faith in humanity as a whole. that was a looong time ago though. I've learned to accept that other people are, most of the time anyway... quirky at best.

generous people are out there, but generosity is not to be expected. once the holidays roll around, we should get Tennobaum again, that's when a few of the people with a LOT of platinum will start gifting to other people, if only to get that meter filled for the seasonal rewards. 

also, change starts with you. start acting generously yourself and maybe you'll see some back. help a newbie, gift something, there's plenty that YOU can do to try and get yourself some good karma, you know. 

I hope I helped some of you here. Sadly the generosity is limited with a reason. I personally just like to help others and hopefully I can do it soon again. Beign nice and helpful is a great thing but the best is if you don't want anything back for it. If you do nice things those peoples will be nice with you more or less but the most important is keep kind and patient.

10 hours ago, Nepelwerfer said:

I just had three people bailing out of Hydron wave 5 at the last second, leaving me alone at wave 6, I just don't see the generosity in there.

I hate leveling weapons (not frames, because I could do it myself) because of the community.

Good God man, go into Recruitment chat and find a damn group willing to go further than 5. Put in some effort. Expecting your own personal desired outcome from a PUG is ridiculous.

I love this community.

Yeah ok, we can be salty and toxic here but people will usually stand up for you if you arent a total a hole.

I play on PS4 (obviously) and i must say its mostly good natured people i come across.  There hasnt really ever been anyone ive thought badly of because of what theyve said or done.

I have received help from alot of people in this game, more so than others.  This community really takes the time to help newer players, ive been there and experienced it.  If im in chat and someone needs help, ill lend a hand if i can, just to pay it forward.

Generosity can be more than giving actual items away.  The simple act of taxiing someone to a node they havent unlocked or taking your time to explain things they dont understand.. This generosity is more welcome to me than simply being handed stuff.

If youve levelled to MR24 that quickly and you still believe people should help then you are in for a rough time.  No one is going to help a MR24, they expect help from an MR24.

So... what have you done that was generous?

EDIT:  maybe not so obvious.... my avatar says im a PC member.  Im not.

Edited by (PS4)brettles1983