Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Truly exclusive weapons

TheZkiller9

I've been playing Warframe for a while and one of my main issues is that nothing obtainable is truly unique . Those of you who played Pokemon know what it feels to get something exceptional, like Feebas. So here's what I'm proposing: add 3 legendary weapons (primary, secondary and melee) that are super difficult to get and would come from rare encounters in missions (something like the Stalker, but much rarer and 10 times more difficult), and even when you kill the thing coming after you in the encounter, make the parts stupidly rare. Also the parts shouldn't be tradable and the weapon itself should require crazy amounts of resources to craft. What do you guys think about this? I don't really care about how you obtain these weapons as long as you don't have to repeat the same node over and over. 

Edit: I now realize the method of acquisition I suggested above was horrible, however, I still think the idea of the weapons itself is good. Also, by unique, I mean very special and not "one of a kind"

Edited by TheZkiller9

7 minutes ago, TheZkiller9 said:

that are super difficult to get

something like the Stalker, but much rarer and 10 times more difficult

and even when you kill the thing coming after you in the encounter, make the parts stupidly rare

I got 27 Maiming Strike in the second Acolyte event....and THAT is super rare but I have no luck for almost 4 years to get the Despair...it all comes down to RNG mate.

edit: And even with a e^-50 dropchance it wouldn't be exclusive.

You failed your own topic

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Nope for me for several reasons ... DE's been tailoring game-play and content obtain-ability to newer players lately, and content like your suggesting are similar to the Brakk and Detron, which for the most part can take weeks to months to grind for based on RNG. Then locking it behind a word like exclusivity triggers the founder try-hards ... all in all not worth the upset it would cause.

Edited by Errodin

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I think this would put off a lot of people so I'm gonna vote no.

I don't see why it would put a lot of people off. It would just be something for the veterans who have been playing for a while to passively get as they play. They're just 3 weapons too, and there's no real PVP aspect in Warframe so even if they are strong, it wouldn't really matter because they won't affect the gameplay experience for other players?

Just now, whirl89 said:

He means something barely obtainable so he can farm for years and still not get it like the Time lost proto-drake in wow.

I suppose any time now DE can just drop something like Paracesis, and put 1000 nitain extract instead of 1000 ducats.
It might take years to farm.

3 minutes ago, TheZkiller9 said:

I've been playing Warframe for a while and one of my main issues is that nothing obtainable is truly unique . Those of you who played Pokemon know what it feels to get something exceptional, like Feebas. So here's what I'm proposing: add 3 legendary weapons (primary, secondary and melee) that are super difficult to get and would come from rare encounters in missions (something like the Stalker, but much rarer and 10 times more difficult), and even when you kill the thing coming after you in the encounter, make the parts stupidly rare. Also the parts shouldn't be tradable and the weapon itself should require crazy amounts of resources to craft. What do you guys think about this? I don't really care about how you obtain these weapons as long as you don't have to repeat the same node over and over. 

There already is "truly exclusive" and "truly unique" gear that fits your description.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur/Prime

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lato_Prime

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Skana_Prime

Also, technically rivens are all fairly unique as far as stats goes.

Just now, DeMeritus said:

There already is "truly exclusive" and "truly unique" gear that fits your description.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur/Prime

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lato_Prime

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Skana_Prime

Also, technically rivens are all fairly unique as far as stats goes.

I wrote "one of my main issues is that nothing obtainable is truly unique" so the founder exclusive things are kinda out of the question. You do have a point with rivens, but I was thinking something like a weapon would be cooler.

I'd make them guaranteed acquisition, but hide them behind something like a raid. Or perhaps hide one behind first-time completion, and two others behind certain achievements in said raid? Something that acts as kind of a marker for 'end game player'.

15 минут назад, TheZkiller9 сказал:

So here's what I'm proposing: add 3 legendary weapons (primary, secondary and melee) that are super difficult to get and would come from rare encounters in missions (something like the Stalker, but much rarer and 10 times more difficult), and even when you kill the thing coming after you in the encounter, make the parts stupidly rare.

8 минут назад, TheZkiller9 сказал:

It would just be something for the veterans who have been playing for a while to passively get as they play.

Please elaborate, how is "super difficult to get", that "which comes from a rare encounter" and a "very high difficulty" is a passive way to get the reward as you simply play the game?

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah... No. I still don't have a Brakk after 3200+ hours, and you're demanding something worse than that? I'm sorry, but bull***t RNG does not really fill me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

I mean, I don't really know if the method of acquisition that I suggested was good. I think there could be other ways where it's very difficult without having to rely too much on RNG? Something like an extremely difficult boss fight that even a group of coordinated veterans with top gear could not go through easily? I don't know man, I'm just brainstorming here. As for the Brakk thing, I think that's weird because I was able to get one within like ~500 hours tops.

Zaws and kitguns are your "unique" weapons. War isn't unique, it's identical to every single War out there. Your theoretical legendary weapons aren't unique, they're identical to every other player's legendary weapons. Hard to get does not mean unique. Zaws and kitguns are the closest we have to unique, and I doubt anything else is going to go further than that.

And this suggestion would totally piss people off, it's just not a good idea.

Edited by CoolDudeMcCool