Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Truly exclusive weapons

TheZkiller9

Just now, Cephalon_9.52 said:

Please elaborate, how is "super difficult to get", that "which comes from a rare encounter" and a "very high difficulty" is a passive way to get the reward as you simply play the game?

By passively I mean that you don't have to do something specific for it, such as repeating the same mission over and over for that Harrow part, I think I didn't make that clear so forgive me. Also, I now realize that the method of acquisition I suggested in the original post wasn't a very good idea, but I still think that the weapons themselves are a good idea.

10 minutes ago, TheZkiller9 said:

I don't see why it would put a lot of people off. It would just be something for the veterans who have been playing for a while to passively get as they play.

Reading the other posts on here it look like there are several players who still don't have Brakk and Detron despite playing for oodles of hours. You're asking for weapons that are harder to get that those two weapons with even more ridiculous RNG?

Again, you'll put off a lot of players.

Addendum to my contribution to this:

RNG might make it exclusive, but it doesn't add any of the good parts of that exclusivity, like prestige, a sense of "oh, damn, that's guy's dedicated/good", nor the satisfaction of getting it.

It just makes it irritating to get, and lets some people get it by accident and others who are dedicated never get it.

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Addendum to my contribution to this:

RNG might make it exclusive, but it doesn't add any of the good parts of that exclusivity, like prestige, a sense of "oh, damn, that's guy's dedicated/good", nor the satisfaction of getting it.

It just makes it irritating to get, and lets some people get it by accident and others who are dedicated never get it.

I suppose anything that rewards players for playing the game would be something along the line of unlocking with hours played (in profile)

There is no RNG involved, which you need to play this game to get it.

Other exclusives might include challenges like unlocking unique weapons

"Boom Headshots" get 100 consecutive headshots with a sniper rifle
in mission with enemies level 30 or above.

"Senbongiri" get 1000 consecutive melee kills in a single mission.

Things which is challenging to players, and reward them with a weapon + slot for completing the challenge.
There can also be limited inventory for said challenge rewards kind of like Formorian/ Razorback
where you need to clear said challenge in the time period. 

And the more people who gets it the counter drops until it reaches zero.

Such unique weapons will unfortunately not have mastery points,
as such, they will be a one-shot deal
which will not be released a second time. Otherwise it would be just the case like Latron Wraith, Twin Viper Wraith etc
which got recycled as alert rewards.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

19 minutes ago, TheZkiller9 said:

I've been playing Warframe for a while and one of my main issues is that nothing obtainable is truly unique . Those of you who played Pokemon know what it feels to get something exceptional, like Feebas. So here's what I'm proposing: add 3 legendary weapons (primary, secondary and melee) that are super difficult to get and would come from rare encounters in missions (something like the Stalker, but much rarer and 10 times more difficult), and even when you kill the thing coming after you in the encounter, make the parts stupidly rare. Also the parts shouldn't be tradable and the weapon itself should require crazy amounts of resources to craft. What do you guys think about this? I don't really care about how you obtain these weapons as long as you don't have to repeat the same node over and over. 

I played World of Warcraft for a few years, managed to get every Legendary weapon a Warrior could wield, i know well what it is to grind for something so exclusive, specially when it came to the Vanilla weapons, which required far more than just hoping for a Boss to drop a legendary part.

In Warframe, i would like there being some Legendary type of weapons, Boss exclusives that had a very very small drop rate that players could grind for and that would be viable from start to end-game. So far the only Boss that has a Signiture/Unique weapon drop is Vor which drops the Cronus Blade and Seer. Now days specially, with the Paracesis as an example, im sure [DE] could work something out.

10 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I have no luck for almost 4 years to get the Despair...it all comes down to RNG mate.

I feel bad for you, i have come across it a few times but already had it from the Stalker pack when it came out. This weekend i went Hydron, a Saryn was carrying two new players at Rank 1 and the Stalker came after the Saryn, when i Rekt it, he dropped the Despair BP which was a major start for the new players and the Saryn her self didnt have it.

30 minutes ago, TheZkiller9 said:

I have both, and I don't think they're really good or highly coveted. Also they're not very rare either, I am thinking something much much rarer.

Right, but in the same vein. I personally love that way of acquisition, and think it would make the missions a bit more interesting trying to either hunt down or fight an uncommon enemy to get a nice weapon. Maybe if they finally add those nemesis targets...

This already happened, and guess what ?

For the resource requirement, it's not something working in Warframe.
Look at things that required mass of oxium (back in the day thet only dropped by 1-3), the Sibear cryotic requirement, Hema mutagen samples or Vauban nitain requirement.
If it require ton of resources, some people will already have them and other will complain because it require years to farm.

About the low drop chances, it's not matter of skill or time but only about luck. Some people will get it on their first game while other will have to wait 2-3 year in order to get it. That's what already happen with stalker weapons.

And for the difficulty, it's not something that work in warframe too. Nothing is difficult because there is always a way to cheese.

Additionnaly to these points, having a weapon that hard to obtain would need to be "good" in order to encourage players to try getting them, so this would be a massive step into powercreep.
I think your "legendary weapons" idea is not something that could be done well in a game like warframe.

1 hour ago, whirl89 said:

He means something barely obtainable so he can farm for years and still not get it like the Time lost proto-drake in wow.

Time lost protodrake took me 2 years in and a completely random encounter....I think the guy was asking for an item he can farm 

We have unique weapons already:
Weapon + Riven Mod + Name at Hok = pretty unique to me (and nobody cares that it is), spice it up with Tennogen skins (Zaws, dammit!) and we're cool.

Edited by Toran

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

This community cries about ANYTHING that is difficult to obtain.

To be fair, that's because most of the things that are difficult to obtain are more related to luck than anything else, which I can understand can be frustrating at times when your options are so limited.

For example, my buddy hasn't gotten Despair to drop in two years. I have had over twenty Despair drops in my time playing this game, and maybe five I don't toss out just in case they give us the option to trade the BP between players. If he actually wants it now, he'll probably have to drop quite a bit of Plat.

RNG is fair as far as RNG goes, but it can lock players behind years of grinding because they're just that unlucky. So it's nice to at least have some options, even if those options are kind of ridiculous. However, such options don't exist for getting a new War or Broken War after you've bought the Hunhow bundle, just to emphasize.

On to the actual topic though, no, RNG really doesn't add any sense of achievement or exclusivity. I'm pretty sure it's just more of a "oh I got it, nice" to "oh for f*** sake, it finally dropped".

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Zaws are unique and obtainable. Kit guns are coming too. All to satisfy all your unique-hipster-special-cupcake needs. But if you want DE to craft you an item only unique to you and no one else,they would have to do the same for more than twenty million+ lusers. So unless you want to hold your breath until the heat death of the universe I suggest coming to terms with what you are given.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

Was that mastery level increase truly worth 30k cryotic? If yes then I'll agree to "never worth it unless you can only reach the highest mr possible with it and even then not really" :clem:

As hoarder distinguished collector you don't ask that question, you just do it - even if it's for the most despicable icicle-turned-to-club in the universe. 

1 hour ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I suppose anything that rewards players for playing the game would be something along the line of unlocking with hours played (in profile)

There is no RNG involved, which you need to play this game to get it.

Other exclusives might include challenges like unlocking unique weapons

"Boom Headshots" get 100 consecutive headshots with a sniper rifle
in mission with enemies level 30 or above.

"Senbongiri" get 1000 consecutive melee kills in a single mission.

Things which is challenging to players, and reward them with a weapon + slot for completing the challenge.
There can also be limited inventory for said challenge rewards kind of like Formorian/ Razorback
where you need to clear said challenge in the time period. 

And the more people who gets it the counter drops until it reaches zero.

Such unique weapons will unfortunately not have mastery points,
as such, they will be a one-shot deal
which will not be released a second time. Otherwise it would be just the case like Latron Wraith, Twin Viper Wraith etc
which got recycled as alert rewards.

I wouldn't want anything truly unique. That's just not fun for anyone afterwards, and it defies the principles of gameplay diversity upon which the game's based. What I want it for is a concept called 'Aspirational Play', which is basically where the highest end  of a game encourages the newer players to stay so that they might be able to reach that level. That kind of thing is perfect for Warframe, as it's a looter where higher power players can exist in the same space as lower power ones, enabling lower players to see the kinds of weapons they can get in action.

What I was more thinking of were weapons that kind of act as an indicator of capability. So weapons that you can only achieve when you reach a certain level of 'endgame'. Of, course, this would necessitate an 'Endgame' activity, like reworked raids. But, that's a different can of worms.

2 hours ago, TheZkiller9 said:

By passively I mean that you don't have to do something specific for it, such as repeating the same mission over and over for that Harrow part, I think I didn't make that clear so forgive me. Also, I now realize that the method of acquisition I suggested in the original post wasn't a very good idea, but I still think that the weapons themselves are a good idea.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Azima

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Zenistar

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Zenith

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sigma_%26_Octantis