Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional slot for augments and Umbra polarity.

Vaymon

Why not translate all mod-augments into a separate additional slot, as an excitus mod. I really wouldn’t want to sacrifice my build (albeit little by little, and yes, I know that you say “you like to ride, love to drive and sleigh,” but still), but also augments are also needed.

And from here comes the second sentence: in some builds there is one or all three umber mods that eat a lot like that, but it’s impossible to polarize, as a result of which there is no place at all, and even less for a new slot. Why not add the ability to insert at least one Umbra polarity into the frame? For example, with the help of special forms that could be obtained from the raids. Or even with the help of some quest, large or small, in which using the data of Ballas from the quest “Sacrifice”, we can make a modification of the Fame similar to Umbra, from which he will be able to get the polarity of Umbra (even with the help of special forms) , and maybe a bonus autonomy when leaving it. And maybe even a full Umbra. It’s just that the mods are not bad, you can see right away even with a reserve for possible future battles with Owners of the mind, and it’s not known how much to wait for Umbra, if there are any at all.

We don't need more powercreep in the game. We are already super powerful and there is hardly anything in the game that is a challenge (what normal people will do, not talking about 3 hour survivals and such). I believe that we do not need more power which is what more slots would give us. 

9 minutes ago, Vaymon said:

Why not translate all mod-augments into a separate additional slot, as an excitus mod. I really wouldn’t want to sacrifice my build (albeit little by little, and yes, I know that you say “you like to ride, love to drive and sleigh,” but still), but also augments are also needed.

And from here comes the second sentence: in some builds there is one or all three umber mods that eat a lot like that, but it’s impossible to polarize, as a result of which there is no place at all, and even less for a new slot. Why not add the ability to insert at least one Umbra polarity into the frame? For example, with the help of special forms that could be obtained from the raids. Or even with the help of some quest, large or small, in which using the data of Ballas from the quest “Sacrifice”, we can make a modification of the Fame similar to Umbra, from which he will be able to get the polarity of Umbra (even with the help of special forms) , and maybe a bonus autonomy when leaving it. And maybe even a full Umbra. It’s just that the mods are not bad, you can see right away even with a reserve for possible future battles with Owners of the mind, and it’s not known how much to wait for Umbra, if there are any at all.

De usually read feedback posts and not general put this there 

No, simply put, Augments are not Exilus territory. They aren't a simple QoL buff, they're a humongous buff or completely different playstyle change. Stop asking for Augments to get their own slot when their whole intention is to make you sacrifice something for them.

The same goes for Umbra Mods, yet they are in a bit of a weird state right now. Of course, giving people Umbral Forma is a no-go, but possibly making it so extra Forma translates to more Mod Space could work, you're already having to Forma the crud out of your Warframe to fit them anyways. That, or have them release more Umbral (or whatever the next variant would be) Warframes so we have more Warframe options that are actually able to use all three of those Mods.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can see augments going to the current exilus slot, that is about it. No need for more slots and power creep on frames.

This. There's... two? augments that fit in the exilus slot. I quite literally only ever slot coaction, power, or cunning drift in there. They're not that vital, so why not allow augments to fit there instead?

5 minutes ago, Vaymon said:

in some builds there is one or all three umber mods that eat a lot like that, but it’s impossible to polarize, as a result of which there is no place at al

this...

is your frame an umbral ? 

If not then this is the penatly for using these mods on a non umbral frame

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

No, simply put, Augments are not Exilus territory. They aren't a simple QoL buff, they're a humongous buff or completely different playstyle change. Stop asking for Augments to get their own slot when their whole intention is to make you sacrificing something for them.

That isnt really true because there are around 20 or so augments that could easily fit the exilus slot when you compare them to those 4 or 5 that are already available for that slot. Sure, some add straight up power to a skill (corrosive barrage) while others simply change them without any added benefit (Concentrated Arrow, Assimilate, Chromatic Blade etc.). Those that alter a skill should be exilus mods since they dont provide any actual power over the regular skill, it simply morphs it and adds new pros and cons. The rest are up to DE to decide on, some of them bring a tad too much power to justify using an exilus slot while others dont.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That isnt really true because there are around 20 or so augments that could easily fit the exilus slot when you compare them to those 4 or 5 that are already available for that slot. Sure, some add straight up power to a skill (corrosive barrage) while others simply change them without any added benefit (Concentrated Arrow, Assimilate, Chromatic Blade etc.). Those that alter a skill should be exilus mods since they dont provide any actual power over the regular skill, it simply morphs it and adds new pros and cons. The rest are up to DE to decide on, some of them bring a tad too much power to justify using an exilus slot while others dont.

I can't take you seriously when you say stuff like "Concentrated Arrow isn't a humongous buff, it's just a slight change." Slight changes would imply something like Artemis Bow activating faster, or each arrow gaining less spread. Things that aren't a ridiculous damage increase.

Considering how easy it is to get headshots with Ivara, Concentrated Arrow is a huge DPS upgrade, unless you somehow miss headshots all the time. That is not Exilus territory. If they won't allow Natural Talent into the slot, which is a Mod that can significantly increase your DPS in a number of ways, why would they let something as obviously beneficial as that into the slot? The highest buff you can get is 15% extra Power Strength with Power Drift, and if you haven't noticed, that's a very minor buff and is usually just allowed in there to accommodate the minimum Power Strength one would need for Warframes like Nova.

Assimilate actually makes Absorb worth using (even if it is a discount Zephyr 3) and Chromatic Blade is just a straight up DPS upgrade to Exalted Blade. They are both very powerful Mods that are obviously too powerful to not sacrifice something for. Are you telling me Despoil should be an Exilus Mod? You'd have to be high as a kite to think that would be okay with how much it trivializes the constant use of Desecrate.

Some Augments are Exilus already due to their QoL improvements. So you have Conductor, Escape Velocity, Hysterical Assault, and Mesa's Waltz as Exilus already. They make perfect sense to be Exilus due to their non-DPS/Healing associated nature. Aside from Swing Line, Soul Survivor, Tectonic Fracture and maybe Transistor Shield, no other Augments deserve to be anywhere near the Exilus Slot. So I'd say maybe 10 Augments, give or take an opinion or two. Out of 115 Augments, I'd say that's nowhere near an issue.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

1 hour ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I can't take you seriously when you say stuff like "Concentrated Arrow isn't a humongous buff, it's just a slight change." Slight changes would imply something like Artemis Bow activating faster, or each arrow gaining less spread. Things that aren't a ridiculous damage increase.

Considering how easy it is to get headshots with Ivara, Concentrated Arrow is a huge DPS upgrade, unless you somehow miss headshots all the time. That is not Exilus territory. If they won't allow Natural Talent into the slot, which is a Mod that can significantly increase your DPS in a number of ways, why would they let something as obviously beneficial as that into the slot? The highest buff you can get is 15% extra Power Strength with Power Drift, and if you haven't noticed, that's a very minor buff and is usually just allowed in there to accommodate the minimum Power Strength one would need for Warframes like Nova.

Assimilate actually makes Absorb worth using (even if it is a discount Zephyr 3) and Chromatic Blade is just a straight up DPS upgrade to Exalted Blade. They are both very powerful Mods that are obviously too powerful to not sacrifice something for. Are you telling me Despoil should be an Exilus Mod? You'd have to be high as a kite to think that would be okay with how much it trivializes the constant use of Desecrate.

Some Augments are Exilus already due to their QoL improvements. So you have Conductor, Escape Velocity, Hysterical Assault, and Mesa's Waltz as Exilus already. They make perfect sense to be Exilus due to their non-DPS/Healing associated nature. Aside from Swing Line, Soul Survivor, Tectonic Fracture and maybe Transistor Shield, no other Augments deserve to be anywhere near the Exilus Slot. So I'd say maybe 10 Augments, give or take an opinion or two. Out of 115 Augments, I'd say that's nowhere near an issue.

Concentrated Arrow is and has always been a sidegrade to regular Artemis. It has plenty of drawbacks over the regular version. So in reality it is simply a morph with no real extra power tied to it. It is good at killing trash, regular version is also good at killing trash. They just do it in slightly different ways. CA kill things through an explosion, AB does it in waves due to MS and PT.

Chromatic Blade may be a better choice, but it is still just a morph that focuses on status while also giving up all chance for slash procs. Everything has pros and cons to it. And dececrate is fairly trivial to use as it is, the real benefit of despoil is the synergy between mods, not the cost shifting from energy to HP.