Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Cetus/PoE Feedback

TheGreenFellow

In an attempt to keep my feedback in one place, rather than spreading each topic into its own thread topic and causing a moderator to merge them all instead, I'll be putting it all in this thread.

Before I begin, I'd like to offer a warning for readers: If criticism or contrary opinions offend you and taking things constructively rather than personally is a challenge, this thread is not for you. It's for DE.
__

- It's annoying when you deploy bait and a fishing spot moves just a moment later. It would be nice to get some kind of warning or visual/audible feedback when a fishing spot is about to change locations.

- I don't find Hok's abusive lines about Pedlek very funny. Could you go back and tone those down a little bit? The tone created is not a fun one.

- Night cycles feel a bit short.

- Must Wisps be commonly found only at night, considering how many of the darn things we're supposed to collect in order to build things? And it feels we're somewhat expected to spend the entire night cycle hunting Eidolons or fishing, and not roaming the map looking for stuff to loot? There's far too few spawns of Wisps even at night, and it's so reliant on RNG...could that be improved on, please? Maybe lower how many of them are required, as well? I did not like having to do the 'Wisp lap' around the plains a few dozen times to get things done. And 10k rep per wisp, when there's a cap of 25k daily at best, is far too punishing of an exchange rate.

- Also, isn't 100 wisps per arcane really excessive? And why do we have to craft 10 arcanes to get a "real" arcane? It just screams "artificially inflated grind".

- Why is there no 'wait for players' option for bounties or events on the Plains? Many times I've found myself twiddling my thumbs next to the first objective, waiting until other people join the squad before I kick things off. Seems to me like this is particularly important for Eidolon Hunts, as well, and Solo mode exists to cater to those who specifically want to play alone.

- Having water cause the energy-drain effect at night is...rude. Could it be changed to some other status effect that doesn't drain my energy pool if my Warframe so much as dips a toe in liquid? There's some locations where it's difficult to even tell if I'm about to touch water or not. It feels almost like it's a requirement to have Zenurik focus unlocked for the energy regen to compensate.

- Tusk Reaver animations/movement are extremely janky. I've observed teleportation, warping, and wholly incongruous animations. The way they move about is not telegraphed whatsoever, either. This is a complaint that applies to many enemies existing outside of the Plains, too.

- Why can Eidolons retreat into *any* lake, and aren't forced to retreat at the main Gara lake? This has made for some frustrating hunts where we've gotten to the final phase, but the Eidolon just slips into some nearby puddle and we get nothing for all our efforts, where if it had had to make a slightly longer trek to Gara lake, we'd have gotten our just desserts.

- There's far too much "grind-cap" going on with Cetus standing. It takes an atrociously large number of bounties to rank Cetus standing up, each bounty only grants its associated standing once per cycle, and the information on that isn't even displayed when interacting with Konzu. Yeah, I've heard about players that just do it via fishing, but that implies having already done enough grind to afford all the necessary equipment and blueprints and resources and then on top of that, sit and do hours and hours of fishing...so that really isn't a solution at all.

- When I hit "Leave Squad" on the plains in free roam, that does not mean I want to immediately be put into another squad. Some better options - like a pop-up asking "Stay solo or join another squad?" - or, say, a 30 second timer before looking for another squad (to allow me time to exit from the Plains if that's my intent), would be nice. More than once I've been intending to leave the plains without impacting other players' session on the plains, only to cause some other poor soul go through a rapid host migration because they got put in my squad straightaway after I left the first one. Also this leads to many headaches involving leaving and re-entering the tunnel to Cetus. I once had to leave squad and do that 5 times before it would finally let me go through.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

5 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

In an attempt to keep my feedback in one place, rather than spreading each topic into its own thread topic and causing a moderator to merge them all instead, I'll be putting it all in this thread.

Before I begin, I'd like to offer a warning for readers: If criticism or contrary opinions offend you and taking things constructively rather than personally is a challenge, this thread is not for you. It's for DE.
__

- I don't find Hok's abusive lines about Pedlek very funny. Could you go back and tone those down a little bit? The tone created is not a fun one.

- There's far too much "grind-cap" going on with Cetus standing. It takes an atrociously large number of bounties to rank Cetus standing up, each bounty only grants its associated standing once per cycle, and the information on that isn't even displayed when interacting with Konzu. Yeah, I've heard about players that just do it via fishing, but that implies having already done enough grind to afford all the necessary equipment and blueprints and resources and then on top of that, sit and do hours and hours of fishing...so that really isn't a solution at all.

First, Hok's lines are a part of his fiction not an endorsement of his behavior. As such your preferences regarding his behavior are moot.

Second, bounties give their standing every time you run them not one time per cycle. To quote the wiki:

"Completing each Bounty stage will reward the player with one of the possible rewards for that Bounty, as well as a small amount of Standing. The Bounties can be repeated for the item and Standing rewards." ~ http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bounty.

On 2018-10-17 at 8:53 AM, Moomabo said:

First, Hok's lines are a part of his fiction not an endorsement of his behavior. As such your preferences regarding his behavior are moot.

Second, bounties give their standing every time you run them not one time per cycle. To quote the wiki:

"Completing each Bounty stage will reward the player with one of the possible rewards for that Bounty, as well as a small amount of Standing. The Bounties can be repeated for the item and Standing rewards." ~ http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bounty.

Regarding Hok's line: I think you've missed the point. It's not "fun", it's not "endearing", it's not "entertaining" for me. I feel his lines and his attitude towards Pedlek could be improved upon by DE to be less caustic, more humorous, and so on and so forth. And even then, nothing about me having preference about his behavior is "moot". This is feedback, and it's up to DE whether to take it in or not.

I'm not positive the wiki is correct about bounties giving standing more than once per cycle. Not the first time I've caught the wiki being wrong; I could swear I've tested this myself (lord knows I've done enough bounties, ugh); and why even mark bounties as "Completed" to begin with if they are actually fully repeatable?

'Course, if I am mistaken after all (maybe I missed the particulars in an update gone by?), and they are repeatable for standing now? Then cool beans...but the main/larger issue remains of the standing grind being long, repetitive, and tedious.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

As far as my cetus comment goes, I was really just hoping to shorten some of the grind for you. I totally agree that the length of Cetus grind is waaay too long. Additionally it's not very fun. I agree with the majority of your other positions, though the magnetic water and eidolon retreats don't bother me. Lemme know if you need a grind partner.